SportsWrath

Anyone think about 2011 Eli?

BlueInCanada

How he was robbed of MVP? How people forget he even existed that year. How he had one of the worst supporting casts of players around him that he had to drag to a SB win.

Let's look at some stats;

NY Giants rushing rank (yards/per game): 32nd 

NY Giants pass and run blocking win rate: 31st ranked.

NY Giants Defense in yards and points allowed: 26th ranked.

Yet somehow this goofy looking mother fucker carried us to a SB win.

Career high passing yards: 4,933. 

61% completion percentage.

NFL record most passing yards in a single post season: 1,219 

A 107 QBR throughout the entire playoffs. 

You can't tell the history of the NFL without talking about Eli Manning.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Agreed the passing game was the number one reason we won it all, but it’s tough to give it to him over Rodgers.  45 and 6 with 9.2 ypa is bonkers now and even more so 11 years ago.  

Rodgers' supporting cast was wayyyyy better than anything Eli even remotely had. GB had one of the best OLs in the league. Its not just stats

10 hours ago, Nas said:

Was that the run where they had to peel him off the turf in SF?

yes, and I think that was one of if not the finest QB performance I've ever seen. 

9 hours ago, Herc said:

Agreed the passing game was the number one reason we won it all, but it’s tough to give it to him over Rodgers.  45 and 6 with 9.2 ypa is bonkers now and even more so 11 years ago.  

It's a regular season award so it made sense at the time.... but it looked pretty bad by the time Eli was lifting the Lombardi. 

Stats be damned, Eli was the real MVP that season. Rarely has anybody done so much with so little. 

Plus once again going into a hostile away playoff game at Green Bay, and at San Francisco for the NFC Championship, and beating both Aaron Rodgers and SF 49er defense that was putting him on his back all day.

Not to mention the come from behind win (again) in the SB, after the defense gave up the lead.

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

yes, and I think that was one of if not the finest QB performance I've ever seen. 

It's a regular season award so it made sense at the time.... but it looked pretty bad by the time Eli was lifting the Lombardi. 

Stats be damned, Eli was the real MVP that season. Rarely has anybody done so much with so little. 

This same reasoning is why I maintain nicks was the best wr in football for that one season 

On 6/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Maybe it's just nostalgia but I doubt we see a QB of Eli's caliber in blue anytime soon.

Guys like him only happen in a franchise every generation or so.

He was like YA Tittle... let's hope they catch lightning in the bottle again. :praying:

22 hours ago, Herc said:

This same reasoning is why I maintain nicks was the best wr in football for that one season 

Yes.... I remember in my head cannon man.  It was beautiful to see... wonderful in stride throws and catches.  It was like watching practice in a real game.

Had to stop arguing with a Jets fan on Twitter earlier as this genius said Eli could never be considered great cause he never won a playoff game in which the defense gave up more than 20 points as if greatness as a QB is determined by how much your own defense sucks. Told him I refused to argue with anyone that thought style points counted for anything. 

Edit: I gotta stop taking the high road. Easily could've pointed out how his team's goat threw more ints than tds in 11 seasons but I was trying to be nice. 

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

Had to stop arguing with a Jets fan on Twitter earlier as this genius said Eli could never be considered great cause he never won a playoff game in which the defense gave up more than 20 points as if greatness as a QB is determined by how much your own defense sucks. Told him I refused to argue with anyone that thought style points counted for anything. 

Edit: I gotta stop taking the high road. Easily could've pointed out how his team's goat threw more ints than tds in 11 seasons but I was trying to be nice. 

Jets fans shouldn't argue with ANYONE... about ANYTHING...  Like seriously, they should just wear a paper bag over their heads for eternity.... funny that the only time in not so recent memory the Jets were relevant is when Bill Parcels coached them... The Giants have brought home a trophy once a decade in my lifetime... The Jets???

21 hours ago, Dragon said:

Joe Willie Namath had one magical year and was beaten down afterwards.  Knock Knees then tried a go in San Fran and was buried.:laugh:

On 6/21/2022 at 11:51 PM, Dragon said:

Yup... literally the most stressful game I've ever watched. 

He just kept on getting back up.  Eli absorbs hits like Gumby, that day he was Iron.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:13 PM, Herc said:

His game against the Packers in the playoffs was fucking nuts.

Shame that DB landed on his already fucked ankle.

He was on his way to a hell of a career. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:54 PM, BlueInCanada said:

His game against the Packers in the playoffs was fucking nuts.

Shame that DB landed on his already fucked ankle.

He was on his way to a hell of a career. 

On 7/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure... Nicks was so smooth and effortless catching the ball.

There were a few seasons where he was a legit top-5 receiver.