SportsWrath

Dragon's Mock 2.0

Dragon

Yerrrr. Once again I am using Pro Football Network's simulator and I am ONLY controlling the Giants so the picks I make are based off of our needs as well as whether the Sim screws up or screws me over. No trades whatsoever.

5. Evan Neal OT Alabama (he's been my #1 since I started looking towards this draft. Fills an immediate need at RT and a massive upgrade over who's currently on the roster)

7. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner CB Cincinnati (Seriously doubt Bradberry is still in blue around the time of the draft. Here's his replacement)

36. Jaquan Brisker S Penn St (and here's Logan Ryan's and Jabril Peppers') 

67. Cameron Thomas Edge SDSU (seriously hated waiting until the 3rd to address the Edge but --->)

81. Kingsley Enagbare Edge South Carolina (I'm double dipping here to make up for it. These guys join a group of young edge rushers that could grow to wreak havoc on an offense).

112. Cade Otton TE Washington (we cannot go into the season with RSJ as our only TE. If I'd allowed myself trades I would've addressed this sooner, but we have too many holes of a higher priority on the roster).

147. Cade Mays OG Tennessee

(Speaking of which... Mays should provide a valuable depth piece that could potentially work his way into the starting lineup).

173. Zamir White RB Georgia

(trying to justify this pick when you see there are 5 RBs in our stable might be tough, but I just like what this kid brings to the table).

182. Kyle Phillips WR UCLA (this was a toss-up between Phillips and SMU's Danny Gray, but Phillips' return ability tipped the scales for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my final mock. This is more aspirational in terms of who I'd like drafted, not necessarily who they will draft.

#5: OL Evan Neal (Alternate: OL Ekwonu)

#7: Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux (Alternate Edge/DE Travon Walker).

#36: S Jaquan Brisker, Penn State 

#67: LB Christian Harris, Alabama

#81: TE Charlie Kolar, Iowa State

#112: OG Cole Strange, Chattanooga

#147: RB Brian Robinson, Alabama

#173: DT DJ Davidson, Arizona State

#182: CB Marcus Jones, Houston

This is it for me. 

Just some other predictions

Below picks are based on us sticking where we are, but I think we'll move down for more picks. Get the feeling the Saints will look to move up, may want to get in front of the Falcons for Pickett or Willis.

I'm expecting Bradberry to be moved during the draft, I'm looking a second day pick for him but we'll have to throw in some conditional picks for next year to get someone to take the money off us.

Schoen will not hold a press conference telling reporters how much more he knows about football than they do.

5: Evan Neal (Alabama) OT

This looks more likely now if what's true that Pederson is pushing for ekwano. Best player available.

7:  Sauce Gardner(Cincinnati) CB

Suits winks system and is shut down. 

36: Drake Jackson  - (Usc) Edge

Had him in my earlier draft. Hasn't moved but has serious potential.

66: Phidarin Mathis (Alabama) DT

Another Alabama product playing against the best college players in practice alone. Worth it here, and insurance for Lawrence who has to have a big season.

81: Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio State) TE

Ruckert has the ability to be solid TE, which will be a change from trying to draft guys who sacrifice blocking for speed.

112: James Cook - (Georgia ) RB

Good running back who also catches passes. He was one of the 30 the Giants brought in and if he's there I expect they'll take him. I predict here they move up for him.

147: Tyquon Thornton (Baylor) WR

Think he's worth the pick at this stage and has serious speed.

173: Jamaree Salyer (Georgia) OG

Thomas's teammate and friend at Georgia, could be a steal here 

182: Jake Camarada (Georgia) Punter

Probably worth a 7th, but we haven't got one so I say we reach here and pick up a quality punter for once.

43 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

gosh I hope he's a mistake another team makes.

If he falls to round 3 I'd be interested. No sooner. I hate his film, I see a terrible football player with nothing but spectacular explosive physical talents. 

we are gonna draft him and we will all love him. 

If we draft Willis, I may drop off my fan card at fan card check and pick it back up again when Daboll/Schoen are gone.  Don't want a QB in this draft in any round.

Ekwonu/Neal at 5.

Thibs/Walker at 7 unless we can trade down.  Any trade down needs to include both a 2nd rounder this year AND a 2nd rounder next year to a team that is likely to pick in top 16.  Trading down for less isn't worth it.

Really like Christian Watson and Christian Harris in the 2nd.

TE in the 3rd.  Was all in on McBride in the 2nd, but feel we could get Dulcich at 67 and feel good about that.

4-7, find a CB...like Castro-Fields or Goodrich (Clemson kid).  Find offensive line depth...G and C potentially.

And yeah, our last pick needs to be the punter...Araiza if he's there, Camarda if Araiza is gone.

4 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

If we draft Willis, I may drop off my fan card at fan card check and pick it back up again when Daboll/Schoen are gone.  Don't want a QB in this draft in any round.

While in thought I agree with this, I would never cash in my Giants fan card, the last thing the team needs to do is reach on a QB again.   

I know I am getting old, in that I hope the Giants do not trade down just so I am awake to watch the picks.   If Shakes first round comes through I will be a happy fan tonight.   Games are won and lost on the line, upgrade both sides with young talent

40 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

While in thought I agree with this, I would never cash in my Giants fan card, the last thing the team needs to do is reach on a QB again.   

I know I am getting old, in that I hope the Giants do not trade down just so I am awake to watch the picks.   If Shakes first round comes through I will be a happy fan tonight.   Games are won and lost on the line, upgrade both sides with young talent

Not saying I'd pick up a different fan card...but I don't think I have enough in me to boo as loudly as I'd feel I need to if we pick a QB in such a shitty QB class.  

9 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah I'm just not seeing it in Willis either. Nor Pickett as well.

I think Howell and Corral end up having better careers than either of those two. I don't know much about Ridder but he seems to have some mid round potential.

Ridder is a better prospect than Howell in my opinion.  

RB Brian Robinson is my real dark horse steal. I don't know why many draft boards have this guy going in the 4th or 5th. He had a decent combine; nothing spectacular, but should meet the speed/agility requirements for most teams. I'm not saying he's going to be Derrick Henry or anything, but I think he's a solid RB#1 for most teams. I wonder if the mock draft people are wrong, and Robinson goes in round 3 or higher. 

RB Dameon Pierce is another, but I think he's more so appropriately valued as a 4th-5th rounder because in college, he ran in a committee backfield and was never the lead ballcarrier.

25 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Ridder is a better prospect than Howell in my opinion.  

I think I'm higher on Howell than most because I haven't seen any of his 2021 season. In 2020 I thought he looked like a guy with serious pro potential.

I've seen more of Ridder (go Bearcats!), and could go either way. Love his competitive personality and athleticism. His technique is... questionable. Hea will need to be broken down before he's built back up. Might be damn good.

I think with with either Howell or Ridder you're getting 85% -90% of what Willis brings to the table physically, and they play like actual quarterbacks rather than a RB on a trick play pass.

41 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah I'm just not seeing it in Willis either. Nor Pickett as well.

I think Howell and Corral end up having better careers than either of those two. I don't know much about Ridder but he seems to have some mid round potential.

Corral scares me off for similar reasons to Willis. Both played football with training wheels on in college.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Corral scares me off for similar reasons to Willis. Both played football with training wheels on in college.

True. Lots of screens, quick reads, and it's like the same 3 routes over and over again.

In general, it's tough to evaluate College QBs these days. They tend to run these whacky college schemes, and not as much pro level schemes as they used to. It works for the college game though. The idea/rational at the college level, I think, is to minimize the thinking that the QB has to do and simplify things. That makes projecting to the NFL harder though.

4 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

I’m starting to get that funny feeling we’re taking a qb. 

15 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I’m starting to get that funny feeling we’re taking a qb. 

A make a wish kid is announcing the Giants #5 pick tonight.

Imagine the big dick move by Schoen.

Doesn't pick up Jones fifth year, drafts a QB at #5, makes a dieing kid announce the pick so he won't be boo'd to death..

......then again it's Giants fans so they probably will.

16 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

A make a wish kid is announcing the Giants #5 pick tonight.

Imagine the big dick move by Schoen.

Doesn't pick up Jones fifth year, drafts a QB at #5, makes a dieing kid announce the pick so he won't be boo'd to death..

......then again it's Giants fans so they probably will.

God bless the kid, but I always get sick to my stomach when seeing these poor kids....a QB pick may make me hurl.