SportsWrath

Flores suing nfl, giants, Broncos and dolphins

Herc

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

Dudes bitter. Kind of like watching a qb on draft day supposed to go to 5 drop and getting pissed about it. He knows he has earned a top shot, but Keeps getting passed over. 

but he’s showing a lack of emotional maturity and can’t imagine the team that would invite that to lead a team in the future. 

This.   I get he may feel a certain way... justified or not, a man has to know when to keep his mouth shut.    I think all of us have been shut out of opportunities for one reason or another...  Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and move on. 

Honestly I hope it’s all true and Mara gets Donald Sterling’d and has to sell the team. I can’t believe his fucking nephew is in that role.  Is the special teams coach who has survived 4 giants coaches a step son or something?

This also stink of the Bienemy situation last year as well.

All that praise in the offseason about getting a HC gig because he was the OC with the Chiefs.

Got a bunch of interviews but wasnt hired so it was the media cycle of "THE NFL IS RACIST YO!"

Then it came out that Bieneny has just god awful interviews and doesn't even call any plays under Reid lol

Also if Flores has a smoking gun evidence that the owners,etc conspired against him because of his race, then by all means punish the fuck out of every single one of them.

But maybe no teams wanted a HC that only has SIX wins against teams above .500 his entire coaching career.

That completely butchered the development of his rookie QB playing hot potato at QB every series/game.

Or a guy by all accounts who got into arguments with his players and coordinators in the locker room.

I dunno sure there was hype but I never understood it.

Also I don't know why this is pissing me off so much.

But what the fuck did the NFL think would happen with the Rooney rule?

When a GM gets hired they want to work with guys they've worked with before and who they think will help them build that winning team, regardless of race. Rarely do I think that some guy off the street changes their mind unless their main guy goes elsewhere and they have to pick from the rest. 

However the teams have to put on the song and dance of bringing in minority candidates wasting everyone's time to fulfill some rule.  

I don't know I just feel like this was set up to fail from the beginning.

30 minutes ago, Herc said:

Honestly I hope it’s all true and Mara gets Donald Sterling’d and has to sell the team. I can’t believe his fucking nephew is in that role.  Is the special teams coach who has survived 4 giants coaches a step son or something?

Amazing what idiocy that family-owned operations deal in.  Tisch must be ready to go into orbit.  Just stupid garbage.  Had a feeling that something like this might happen to the Giants by hiring Daboll.  It seems that they were fixated on him even before interviewing Flores.  Time for the Rooney Rule to bite it... also owners have to start opening it up to wider set of possibilities.  What do they have to lose really?  Too many of these rich boys think they can skirt the rules because for too long they have been able to skirt the rules.  

If 70% of your player base is Black... then at least 25% of your coaches should be Black as well.  If they can play they can coach as well.  Case closed.  Have real professional interviews with HR staff there and vetting every step of the way.

I think Flores is a bit of a head case.  He should have gotten more of what he considers evidence IMHO.  They will pay him hush money to disappear.  He just ended his career in the NFL no matter what.   Hopefully he has his life all mapped out for himself.  These rich boys are brutal and very unforgiving.  He seems like the type that needs total control which is something he would never get here in family land.  So everyone is better off without each other.

Why would he subject himself to sit in an interview with the Giants if he knows ahead of time what he does?. Why not reach out to Leslie Frazier and tell him not to bother doing a second interview one day later?. I don't get that part. He had his info for the lawsuit before he went in.

The rooney rule is a fucking joke, always has been. Truth is Pittsburgh is the only one where it's turned out well for with Tomlin. Other guys are not getting the shots they deserve. And if they fail, so fucking what, when you consider that guys like Doug Marrone/Rich Kotite/Pat Shurmur can get 2 coaching jobs in the league. Same with GM's. 

NFL and Broncos have responded. Nothing I see from the Dolphins and Giants.

44 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Why would he subject himself to sit in an interview with the Giants if he knows ahead of time what he does?. Why not reach out to Leslie Frazier and tell him not to bother doing a second interview one day later?. I don't get that part. He had his info for the lawsuit before he went in.

The rooney rule is a fucking joke, always has been. Truth is Pittsburgh is the only one where it's turned out well for with Tomlin. Other guys are not getting the shots they deserve. And if they fail, so fucking what, when you consider that guys like Doug Marrone/Rich Kotite/Pat Shurmur can get 2 coaching jobs in the league. Same with GM's. 

NFL and Broncos have responded. Nothing I see from the Dolphins and Giants.

So right Boohyah.  So many losers as coaches why not these guys.  Top to bottom other than a few coaches the NFL is littered with guys who coach because they can't do much else.

33 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

So right Boohyah.  So many losers as coaches why not these guys.  Top to bottom other than a few coaches the NFL is littered with guys who coach because they can't do much else.

The NBA isn't the shining example here either , but fact is that there are at least 10 coaches there now. There's 1 in the NFL.  Leftwich hopefully gets the Jags because he fucking deserves it. 

Much ado about nothing.  When Brian Flores came up as a possible candidate for the NY Giants HC position one of the points made about his problems with building relationships, and then he does this.  Doesn't appear that he has learned from his mistakes by accusing others of not handing him the job but just offering it to him.

I understand the purpose of the Rooney rule and I still think it is a good rule and it has led to more minority hiring in the NFL.  Before the Rooney rule, coaches were hired  minutes after the last guy was fired.  Owners simply never gave opportunities to other people because they had already decided that they wanted that one person.  Now they have to interview people and I believe it has also opened their eyes to what they have been missing for decades.

We can speculate who were the other top 2 candidates on the Giants list for years or why the Giants had so many defense minded head coaches on their list when the offense has been abysmal the last two seasons because of coaching.

14 hours ago, boohyah said:

This is awkward for Graham now because if it's true the Vikings are rolling out the red carpet for Harbaugh, and Daboll has already mentioned that Graham has the DC job if he wants it. Does he come back?.

With this Flores lawsuit this will probably make it harder for him.