SportsWrath

Flores suing nfl, giants, Broncos and dolphins

Herc

• Herc changed the title to Flores suing nfl, giants, Broncos and dolphins
1 minute ago, Pdouble said:

I mean, it’s always said the Rooney rule is a joke.  

With that in mind, is it really a stretch to believe the Rooney rule was treated like a joke?

I just read a little more about Flores' claims, and part of the basis for the suit is he feels some of his interviews throughout his career were only in service to the Rooney rule. Well.... maybe.... but it looks pretty weird in a lawsuit, because he got those interviews and in some cases got the job....  so he has no grounds to sue. 

I'm curious if there's some actual evidence. Short of that, his suspicions alone aren't going to win him a law suit or an opportunity to extend his career.

Dudes bitter. Kind of like watching a qb on draft day supposed to go to 5 drop and getting pissed about it. He knows he has earned a top shot, but Keeps getting passed over. 

but he’s showing a lack of emotional maturity and can’t imagine the team that would invite that to lead a team in the future. 

3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I just read a little more about Flores' claims, and part of the basis for the suit is he feels some of his interviews throughout his career were only in service to the Rooney rule. Well.... maybe.... but it looks pretty weird in a lawsuit, because he got those interviews and in some cases got the job....  so he has no grounds to sue. 

I'm curious if there's some actual evidence. Short of that, his suspicions alone aren't going to win him a law suit or an opportunity to extend his career.

The lawsuit claims he has texts from Belichick saying Daboll was hired before the Rooney rule was met. 

If this goes to trial and Belichick testifies to it. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

The lawsuit claims he has texts from Belichick saying Daboll was hired before the Rooney rule was met. 

I assume that if there was not a contract in place you cannot legally say he was hired.     

Oh course Daboll was hired before Flores. 

It was clear from the start that Schoen wanted Daboll.

The Rooney rules makes guys like Flores and Graham fucking jokes.

They should be getting serious offers. 

Instead they are used as check boxes.

Get rid of the Rooney rule and just add rewards for hiring coaches of colour of whatever. 

12 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I think Belichick has said he was mistaken, although I'm getting that report second hand. 

There may be discovery, so if true it will come out. All the best reporters said it came down to Flores and Daboll though, I'll be surprised if true. 

The allegations against the Dolphins are something else.

24 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I don't think it goes to any kind of trial, I think the league decides. 

The league can just decide what happens to a lawsuit?

Unless you meant “I think the league decides to settle”