SportsWrath

Flores suing nfl, giants, Broncos and dolphins

Herc

17 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That's the other thing.

As anyone can tell you in the NFL you only get one or two chances to show you are competent as a GM or HC. 

If I was a first year GM I'm going to bring guys in who've I've worked with before or know align with my ideas of building a team. Last thing I'd want to do is risk my career on someone fired from a team, never having worked with them before, or coming right from the college ranks unless I had a really good understanding of who they were and even then they would probably be my last option.

I'm sure if Daboll was a minority he would of been hired regardless. 

That's the problem with the NFL teams don't want to hire the unproven guy who might set you back 5 years, they want to grab guys from winning programs or those re treds because they know them already.  

Just interview a minority before giving the job to someone and you’re good. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

This is not going well for Flores.

Or Belichick for that matter. Who knew he has a social acumen of a ten year old girl. 

The way he rejected the Jets job told me all I needed to know all those years ago.  It was an imperfect situation but if he was and is more adept he could have handled that much better.  He seems to be a guy who knows X's and O's better than most; but eats the pablum (including politically and socially) like most people out there.  ;)

They wouldn't commit to dropping the case if he was hired so this would end up being a legal nightmare for any team hiring him, not to mention a distraction for the team going forward. There has to be conflict of interest here in play. His lawyers know this. 

The Lovie Smith hire is a punch to the gut. 

16 minutes ago, boohyah said:

They wouldn't commit to dropping the case if he was hired so this would end up being a legal nightmare for any team hiring him, not to mention a distraction for the team going forward. There has to be conflict of interest here in play. His lawyers know this. 

The Lovie Smith hire is a punch to the gut. 

Didn't recognize Lovie because of the beard... 

Lovie needs another shot.   Flores needs to STFU, and his lawyers need to sit on him real bad.  I cannot believe that they (lawyers) vetted this letter.  It could be a move by the Texans and the NFL to cover for the "racism" Flores called out.  Why would they take such a chance?  Flores seems to have a big case of Open Mouthitis to me.

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Lovie needs another shot.   Flores needs to STFU, and his lawyers need to sit on him real bad.  I cannot believe that they (lawyers) vetted this letter.  It could be a move by the Texans and the NFL to cover for the "racism" Flores called out.  Why would they take such a chance?  Flores seems to have a big case of Open Mouthitis to me.

Well he has plenty of time to talk now because he is free all next season.