SportsWrath

How Dave Gettleman Failed

mastershake

Hindsight is only 20/20.    Anyone can look back and pick and choose and criticize this and criticize that.    The Giants thought they didn't need a rebuild initially... that's when they held on to the notion that Eli had something left in the tank... I can go on and rant but we've all been here....

• The things that stood out to me was not focusing on the OL in a more aggressive way.    The fact that Eric Flowers left us and did well at guard for Washington leaves me scratching my head at the "professionals" we have.. from the GM down to the OL Coach.    What I found always puzzling is how come the entire world always knew who were going to draft?   Isn't this why other teams just jumped ahead of us to pick our guy?
  • Then going out and wasting a 2nd round pick on a RB (a talented one for sure) but without the infrastructure in front him, he was bound to fail.
  • All these bloated contracts for 2nd-level talents or other teams' cast offs.   Solder, Williams... 

Look, if you're going to suck, suck... but at least shore up your cap.    

Dave Gettlemen is supposed to know more than us... he doesn't.   He needs to be shown the door asap... and the entire coaching staff (maybe a few hold outs but that's up to the new HC). 

23 hours ago, Nas said:

Hindsight is only 20/20.    Anyone can look back and pick and choose and criticize this and criticize that.    The Giants thought they didn't need a rebuild initially... that's when they held on to the notion that Eli had something left in the tank... I can go on and rant but we've all been here....

• The things that stood out to me was not focusing on the OL in a more aggressive way.    The fact that Eric Flowers left us and did well at guard for Washington leaves me scratching my head at the "professionals" we have.. from the GM down to the OL Coach.    What I found always puzzling is how come the entire world always knew who were going to draft?   Isn't this why other teams just jumped ahead of us to pick our guy?
  • Then going out and wasting a 2nd round pick on a RB (a talented one for sure) but without the infrastructure in front him, he was bound to fail.
  • All these bloated contracts for 2nd-level talents or other teams' cast offs.   Solder, Williams... 

Look, if you're going to suck, suck... but at least shore up your cap.    

Dave Gettlemen is supposed to know more than us... he doesn't.   He needs to be shown the door asap... and the entire coaching staff (maybe a few hold outs but that's up to the new HC). 

I won't even bother watching it because I'm sure we have covered everything these last four years and then some.  We have all seen plenty in these two years with Judge and two years with Shurmur and Gettleman in four years.  

Bad drafts blew the cap up because we had to go to through free agency to fill holes and we are talking about more than four years of bad drafts.  Nearly every player brought in to play for Shurmur during free agency is gone.  We had to bring in players to play for Judge.  These are moves that put you in a terrible cap position.   I'm sure everyone is feeling the pressure to turn the team around now and not when it is fiscally prudent in regards to the cap.

Teams get the jump on us in the draft because the needs are obvious.  Gettleman has more information available to him than we do, yet he makes mistakes like the rest of us.  We talk about how missing at QB sets a team back years, missing at Head Coach is clearly worse.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:17 AM, NeMesiS said:

Watched 10 minutes before I had to turn it off. Complete failure! 

Holy shit that's longer than ten minutes? I can sum it up in 10 seconds:

1. Drafted like shit

2. Signed horrible free agents

3. Hired bad coaches

It's actually pretty easy to figure out.

He made some good drafts, but he spent too many picks trying to be smarter than all the other GM's and so he could come back to his press conferences and talk down to the media. Last year, he had to have a sold draft, but once again, he tried to outsmart everyone and pull a gem out of his ass in Toney. Next round, he stays the course and gets a guy who helps. There was too much of that.

I don't even care about failures in free agency, we're not the only team where these things fail. 4 years was enough to get this right through the draft.

A gem like Toney like Odell can help you on a winning team.  I am with Booyah on this.... welcome back bro... Draft an O line first and foremost.  Stop trying to find gems and/or diamonds in the rough.  Oh... time to send Judge back to special teams.  Anyway I am with Seth... my Sundays in 2022 seem to be open while Judge stays here:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

A gem like Toney like Odell can help you on a winning team.  I am with Booyah on this.... welcome back bro... Draft an O line first and foremost.  Stop trying to find gems and/or diamonds in the rough.  Oh... time to send Judge back to special teams.  Anyway I am with Seth... my Sundays in 2022 seem to be open while Judge stays here:rolleyes:

Hope all is well is T. 

Toney helps get you over the line, but you need to be solid first and we weren't and possibly worse now. As for Judge, hindsight is wonderful but he sold us all, especially the owners. By getting up on his sandbox and declaring change had come, he looks incredibly weak now. Guy needs to take a step back and maybe his best play is to go into the college ranks. 

4 hours ago, boohyah said:

Hope all is well is T. 

Toney helps get you over the line, but you need to be solid first and we weren't and possibly worse now. As for Judge, hindsight is wonderful but he sold us all, especially the owners. By getting up on his sandbox and declaring change had come, he looks incredibly weak now. Guy needs to take a step back and maybe his best play is to go into the college ranks. 

For sure.  College is calling Judge.  He needs way more seasoning.  Perkins was a better NFL coach, and he ran away to college, leaving Parcells here.  Not bad.  After his fire 3-12-1 season he took the Giants to the second level of the Playoffs in 1981.  Progress.  Things are good in the retired life bro.  

On 12/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, CrazedDogs said:

'we're not interested in quick fixes' sounded pretty good 29 games ago.

"We're not interested in quick fixes" sounds like bullshit when your team signed a half dozen expensive free agent contracts in the offseason.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Honestly if we'd found a way to keep Zeitler (did we really need Rudolph, Jon Harrison, John Ross?), had drafted Rashawn Slater. Those two moves alone would produce an immensely better OL than we currently have, even with the Gates injury. 

Yea and I'm still scratching my head as to how your bust 1st round OL is suddenly shining in Washington.   

On 12/20/2021 at 7:45 PM, Sephiroth said:

Holy shit that's longer than ten minutes? I can sum it up in 10 seconds:

1. Drafted like shit

2. Signed horrible free agents

3. Hired bad coaches

It's actually pretty easy to figure out.

How can a team misfired on every level? This dude is complete garbage.