SportsWrath

Eagles thread

UK-Giantsfan

Feels like revenge for last season.  Lot of interesting things happened today.  The return of Golladay, Barkley, Slayton, Ross III.  Giants throwing to their big target receiver in the endzone.  It shows how little they have practiced it when Jones can't place the ball in the right spot.  Offense had good drives that took time off the clock and gave the defense a chance to breath.  They made stops, created turnovers, held onto our thin lead.

Dolphins are another team we should beat next week.

Wasn't able to watch the game took a new job and was moving,but rewatched it last night.

Although I felt this was like the Saints game where the Eagles mainly Hurts did everything they could to lose the game there was still positives.

McKinney is going to a pro bowl this kid has turned into one of the best free safety's in the NFL. He makes good reads and he can make any tackle in the book. By far the best player on the defense at the moment.

I assume its Kitchens but whoever decided to feed Golladay the ball more deserves two cookies. Actually game planning around the playmakers to move the ball who would of thought that was a good idea. 

Barkley had that big run, maybe gives him back some confidence that he can still be the player he was, hopefully we keep seeing that.

All in all a sloppy game but a wins a win, normally the Giants would lose this game as well. 

The offense still isn't fixed and the defense was gashed on the ground again but atleast we beat the Eagles lol

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Wasn't able to watch the game took a new job and was moving,but rewatched it last night.

Although I felt this was like the Saints game where the Eagles mainly Hurts did everything they could to lose the game there was still positives.

McKinney is going to a pro bowl this kid has turned into one of the best free safety's in the NFL. He makes good reads and he can make any tackle in the book. By far the best player on the defense at the moment.

I assume its Kitchens but whoever decided to feed Golladay the ball more deserves two cookies. Actually game planning around the playmakers to move the ball who would of thought that was a good idea. 

Barkley had that big run, maybe gives him back some confidence that he can still be the player he was, hopefully we keep seeing that.

All in all a sloppy game but a wins a win, normally the Giants would lose this game as well. 

The offense still isn't fixed and the defense was gashed on the ground again but atleast we beat the Eagles lol

I liked the tackle McKinney put on Hurts on the open field. It put Hurts in his place, shut him down on the spot. It wasn't a flashy play, not going to make NFL Primetime, but it was the whole game yesterday summed up in a single play. 

51 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Mara will keep Judge regardless. We could lose out and Mara will still keep him.

Its practically a structural certainty. I can't imagine the Giants front office paying Shurmer, Judge, and a new head coach as well in 2022. Judge gets one more year to figure it out.

And that was pretty much the stated plan when Judge was hired too. Our favorite used car salesman is on scholarship, like that shit or not. 

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Its practically a structural certainty. I can't imagine the Giants front office paying Shurmer, Judge, and a new head coach as well in 2022. Judge gets one more year to figure it out.

And that was pretty much the stated plan when Judge was hired too. Our favorite used car salesman is on scholarship, like that shit or not. 

Lol it’s more the giants front office’s style to fire Judge then hiring him again so we are paying him twice. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Mara will keep Judge regardless. We could lose out and Mara will still keep him.

I can see a scenario where a new GM would actually want to give Judge more a year or two more... it's not fair to judge Judge on 2 seasons given all the moving parts in a football team.

Can I also add, and this may have already been said, but my god, Jalen Hurts is bad. Like not even backup quality. What the hell was that? His passing stats coming into the game were decent (TDs/INTs 13/5 and over a 60% completion percentage, and averaging over 7 yard per attempt). What the hell happened?

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Can I also add, and this may have already been said, but my god, Jalen Hurts is bad. Like not even backup quality. What the hell was that? His passing stats coming into the game were decent (TDs/INTs 13/5 and over a 60% completion percentage, and averaging over 7 yard per attempt). What the hell happened?

it seemed to me that the Giants were baiting the poor bastard. Too much film on the dude now, and his success was apparently all scheme based. 

that was the worst QB performance I can recall ever seeing from a supposed starting quarterback. Unbelievably bad. 

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

it seemed to me that the Giants were baiting the poor bastard. Too much film on the dude now, and his success was apparently all scheme based. 

that was the worst QB performance I can recall ever seeing from a supposed starting quarterback. Unbelievably bad. 

Yep. It could be the Giants figured him out and exposed him. Nice job to Graham.

Normally the giants have a penchant for turning backup QB's into Joe Montana (e.g. CJ Beathard from 2017, a game I'll never get over, lol)...but this time they made it clear that Hurts may only be a backup at best.

After letting the game marinate overnight, I have a few thoughts on the Kitchens offense... 

No results to speak of yet, but I appreciate that in most cases the play calls had a chance for success, while with Garrett there were too many plays that were clearly doomed to fail seemingly by design. 

You know, if Golladay doesn't trip over his own feet, or Jones can make a back shoulder throw, or Solder can for the love of god cut off the back side pursuit, that scoreboard looks a lot different.