SportsWrath

Giants vs Rams Game Thread

Mr. P

14 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don't know brother... this game felt surreal... Things didn't seem to add up... The Rams had no resistance to anything they wanted to do... I've been on Judge's corner and I'm not sure if he'd lost the team or not... I didn't feel that way before this game... but now I have my doubts.  

I didn't see it that way at all. It was a tight game until the Giants two best remaining players, Toney and Thomas, went out of the game.

I don't think Judge has lost the team yet. Yet. I think a lot will depend on how he responds this week.

47 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

This team gave up the moment Toney left. 

I'm sorry you can't tell me this teams head was even in the game after coming out of the half. 

Damn, I don't think lack of effort was the issue. To my eyes, the Rams football team was that much better than the Giants football team. Nobody laid down, nobody cheated.

10 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Damn, I don't think lack of effort was the issue. To my eyes, the Rams football team was that much better than the Giants football team. Nobody laid down, nobody cheated.

I do agree the Rams are in a whole different league but to me, the team laid down in the second quarter after the first turnover and Ram score. 

We couldn't even move the ball against the bench players of the Rams. 

I don't know about you but that isn't a team competing that's just a team going through the motions. 

I think the Giants just got taken apart out there today, an unfortunate continuation of the previous week.  Now I didn't think the Cowboys were good until I saw them play last week and I knew the Rams are ready for a Super Bowl this year.  Clearly the Giants the way they are playing can't handle a playoff caliber team.  Giants have to beat the other teams to call this season progress.  Should have won against Washington and Atlanta.  Carolina is a must win.

The season isn't over yet.

Difference between McVay and Judge.

After the loss Judge: "Lots of football left to be played/were a good team/blah blah blah"

McVay after the win (almost dropping a 40 burger): visibly upset, says he's "disappointed" with how slow the team came out and the penalties. Says they need to keep working to be a better team and they can't leave points out on the field.

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

After that third pick, three Giants defenders made business decisions on that Kupp TD. They had clearly given up.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Eagles about to land the best DE/OT/CB in the draft.

Yep...in a year where we have 2 first rounders, we still find ourselves behind in our division

...unless we give them a couple wins, which may happen because we're fuckin terrible

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

After that third pick, three Giants defenders made business decisions on that Kupp TD. They had clearly given up.

so there was apathy when down several scores, or they threw the game, ala 2020 Philly? I'm having a hard time keeping track where the goal posts are. 

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

Best decision I have made is a long time

I'd planned on heading upstate to Harriman State Park; a place I want to visit every year this time of year... I haven't been able to make it the past 5 or 6 years... then I thought I didn't want to miss the game and the fact that the weather was blustery/windy (I don't mind the cold but the windy fall feel tends to trigger headaches).... I hope to make it next week though.