SportsWrath

Colombo fired

Mr. P

55 minutes ago, Herc said:

If true...judge is a bitch ass honkie.

He got beat up and fired the guy?

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say theres much more to it....it wasnt an isolated incident and theres been problems all year than ok....but if not...thats some pusillanimous shit by judge

48 minutes ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

If true...judge is a bitch ass honkie.

Listen, as a honkie, when I'm hangin' with my honkies we'll all be like, "what up, honkie!" and "all my honkies in the HOUSE!" and it's cool and whatnot but like...

I don't know how to say this politely but you... can't really say "honkie." To say "honkie" you kind of have to... BE a honkie, know what I mean?

25 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Listen, as a honkie, when I'm hangin' with my honkies we'll all be like, "what up, honkie!" and "all my honkies in the HOUSE!" and it's cool and whatnot but like...

I don't know how to say this politely but you... can't really say "honkie." To say "honkie" you kind of have to... BE a honkie, know what I mean?

Hahahahaha love this!!!!

Bit of a surprising move.  I read earlier how Judge wanted to work on being a better head coach going forward and making some changes to his approach when compared to how he started the season.  I understand where he is coming from to bring in another assistant coach.  Clearly Columbo disagreed and I can understand how he feels about bringing in an assistant coach who is more than capable of simply being an assistant.  I don't think Columbo handed this well at all.  No effort on his part to work with the change.  Lets see what the next couple of weeks bring.

From what I've been reading Judge has been taking a more active approach with the Oline and coaching them up beside Colombo, which is why we've seen the improvement the last few weeks.

This could be a situation of "Hey I'm the head coach, I dont have time to be coaching the Oline every week, obviously Colombo isnt doing the job so I'm bringing in a guy who I think can get it done"

I mean three weeks ago when Judge sat Thomas down and started coaching the Oline it was a vast impovement each and every week.

Man the more I read about Colombo this year, the more I feel it was the right move letting him go.

Here's Thomam's college coach saying that the Giants were trying to change his technique from week 1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-thomas-former-coach-breaks-150842093.html

“I was mad,” Alexander told SNY. “I could not believe what I was seeing.”

What he saw from the rookie left tackle was unlike anything he had seen from Thomas during their pre-draft training, or on film from his stellar career at Georgia. The 21-year-old’s smooth technique was gone. He had fallen into some awful habits with his hands and his feet. He was doing the things that Alexander used to coach NFL linemen not to do.

“I’m going to be candid here, because I’m really upset for Andrew on this,” Alexander said. “What I saw (Thursday) night, I see completely different techniques than he used at Georgia. I don’t see his feet getting set. And I see his hands bouncing all over the place, like he’s punching a guy like a machine gun or something.

17 hours ago, Tempest said:

Bit of a surprising move.  I read earlier how Judge wanted to work on being a better head coach going forward and making some changes to his approach when compared to how he started the season.  I understand where he is coming from to bring in another assistant coach.  Clearly Columbo disagreed and I can understand how he feels about bringing in an assistant coach who is more than capable of simply being an assistant.  I don't think Columbo handed this well at all.  No effort on his part to work with the change.  Lets see what the next couple of weeks bring.

I think Colombo’s pride was hurt.  He came from being a good linemen then a oline coach who line was rated top 5 of the league to now needing help.  

Let’s see what jason Garrett will say next since his buddy got fired.  Hopefully it doesn’t hurt the chemistry in the room.  

DeGuilermo is someone who has worked with Judge earlier. The OL has shown significant improvement ever since DeGuilermo was brought on a consultant and once Judge himself decided to dedicate hands on time with the group. I think Colombo felt he was being undermined - could have handled it better and agreed with work with D, but that I guess was not gonna happen. Think it was a inevitable decision - Judge's team first philosophy seems to be contagious - lets hope the line continues its steady improvement. One of the biggest improvements has been the play of Gates - its been a revelation! This whole fistcuffs etc etc is all a bunch of bullshit.

Judge made it clear when he came in that he was going to be involved in all areas. Columbo was probably upset and lashed out but he signed up for this. It's Judge's job to make sure that all areas are working and as boss he's entitled at any time to get involved.

Honestly, it looks like it was a good move. 

The o-line improvement correlates with Judge's direct involvement, and even outside coaches are saying the O-line's technique was not very good. 

I have to admit... small sample size... but I like what I'm seeing with Judge more and more.  Tough but fair, not afraid to make changes to better the team, smart, prepared, knows his shit, says the right things in public.  

On another note.  I saw Columbo as someone who could work with the Giants offensive line for years to come.  DeGuilermo on the other hand has a habit of wearing out his welcome so we could be replacing him soon as well.  We talk about continuity for a young offensive line and I see changes that affect it in the short term.  Not sure if the switching out offensive linemen regularly is going to continue to work until opponents adapt or a new approach to how the NFL trains offensive linemen.  I think it can be great to develop backups right along side starters during a game because they will be called up at a moments notice.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:59 AM, Sephiroth said:

Honestly, it looks like it was a good move. 

The o-line improvement correlates with Judge's direct involvement, and even outside coaches are saying the O-line's technique was not very good. 

I have to admit... small sample size... but I like what I'm seeing with Judge more and more.  Tough but fair, not afraid to make changes to better the team, smart, prepared, knows his shit, says the right things in public.  

Agreed..... the Saban / Belichick influence is definitely there.  I'm so fucking tired of losing.   Can't have guys doing their own thing.   

Offensive line sucked dogshit to start the season.   It's a huge reason why they started so poorly.   We have a 1st round draft pick that was considered the most NFL-ready in the entire OT class.... and he looked like a hot fucking mess.  

If Columbo had a problem with Judge, he surely didn't handle it well.... so, later!

On 11/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, boohyah said:

Judge made it clear when he came in that he was going to be involved in all areas. Columbo was probably upset and lashed out but he signed up for this. It's Judge's job to make sure that all areas are working and as boss he's entitled at any time to get involved.

Yes.

Listen when the dime is on you... you had better spend the dime or look elsewhere.  When you are The Man... you have no friends and you have to make decisions.  50% of them will be the correct thing to do... 25% will be questioned... and 25% will be questioned hard.  However when the buck stops with you... you cannot say I take no responsibility with these NFL owner types.  It does not wash.  Now Judge better be careful with the Garett types as he now has to produce.  The risks of being a head coach or The Man.

59 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Nick Gates' response to Columbo's firing...

I'm not too ashamed to admit... I think it moved.

I've always loved a big center in a league where small, fast centers are the thing.  It's so good to see Gates putting it all together, finally.  Dude has been a straight-up beast these past four games.