SportsWrath

Colombo fired

Mr. P

3 hours ago, Joemorrisforprez said:

This offensive line looks nothing like the shit show that started this season.

Yeah it took time and it has gotten better steadily, just not as fast as anyone would have liked.  Next few games is when we find how much they've improved.  Seahawks are the biggest challenge for the offensive line since the Bucs.  Ravens & Browns also have good lines.

47 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Yeah it took time and it has gotten better steadily, just not as fast as anyone would have liked.  Next few games is when we find how much they've improved.  Seahawks are the biggest challenge for the offensive line since the Bucs.  Ravens & Browns also have good lines.

Agreed.

Giants did a nice job against Philly, and that front 4 is pretty solid.   I'm optimistic...cautiously.

Once Nick Gates got rid of the snap issues, the development was rapid. I was annoyed we didn't get a center in the draft, but Gates is making that a moot point now.  Helps that he's a bit of a prick out there also, nasty is good.

Fact is we have 7 offensive linesmen functioning at a high level now and on top of that, you could have a Healthier Solder come back a year rested that may well have a comeback year with this group. And there's no worrying about contract issues with them for at least 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 11:02 PM, boohyah said:

Once Nick Gates got rid of the snap issues, the development was rapid. I was annoyed we didn't get a center in the draft, but Gates is making that a moot point now.  Helps that he's a bit of a prick out there also, nasty is good.

Fact is we have 7 offensive linesmen functioning at a high level now and on top of that, you could have a Healthier Solder come back a year rested that may well have a comeback year with this group. And there's no worrying about contract issues with them for at least 2 years.

Gates has become my favorite home grown Giant, he basically plants the DT on his ass then gets to the second level almost every snap.

Dudes a fucking nasty blocker, a real one, not like the famous "plays mean" Flowers.