SportsWrath

Trevor Lawrence

UK-Giantsfan

Just now, UK-Giantsfan said:

It sounds like this guy is a generational talent .......... if we get the #1 pick in the Draft we have to take him don't we ?  

you cant pass on him and keep Jones ( after a 2-14 season or something like that ) can you ?

i know its early but .........

If Jones regresses significantly, I'd consider it. If Jones has a decent season, regardless of record (since the offensive line and defense in general both suck), keep him.

If it's a new GM then yes this team is going to be rebuilt (again) and he takes Lawrence. Then we are what happens in the next few seasons as he ejects all of DGs failed players.

If Getty is still here? Then no.

The only reason the Giants will have the #1 pick is if Jones regression.

A new coach and GM are going to want to have their own guy.

The only way DG is still here after Jan is if we somehow manage to scratch out 6+ wins which looks v unlikely.

If a new GM comes in and he has the opportunity to pick Lawrence then he will ( IMO )

How could a new GM pass on Lawrence and then watch him light up the NFL for the next 15 years and lead another team to multiple Championships

15 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

The only way DG is still here after Jan is if we somehow manage to scratch out 6+ wins which looks v unlikely.

If a new GM comes in and he has the opportunity to pick Lawrence then he will ( IMO )

How could a new GM pass on Lawrence and then watch him light up the NFL for the next 15 years and lead another team to multiple Championships

If by next offseason the Giants are 1-15 or 2-14, a big part of it will be Jones, and the rosters inability to take a step forward.

When the new GM is hired I hope it's an outside hire, no more guys who one played for this organization, I hate this 1980s mentality of the "old football club" that Mara seems to enforce on all his hires.

With an outside hire GM we could be looking at multiple things happening;

1) A whole new FO staff is brought in (and hopefully Chris Mara is out on his ass), the biggest problem with DG and even JR was their ability to find talent or longevity in draft picks, and also being able to find FAs who were worth a damn. This is ultimately on the scouting and player development departments which have been god awful the last 6 years. We need fresh blood and a fresh set of eyes out there, we need a new system that is more in tune with college athletes, none of this "Giants way" bullshit.

2) A new HC and coaching staff (not as likely but could happen) I still believe in Joe Judge and I like the coaching staff he assembled, however if the GM is an outside hire he's going to demand that he can bring in the guys he thinks can make the players he gets work. This might be Judge, this might not be Judge.

3) 100% likely to happen though is another complete tear down of the roster, luckily this roster is shit so it wont be that hard and there isnt a ton of over bloated contracts like DG had to deal with after JR. This process is going to take a few years as we jettison players and bring in players the new GM wants. If this is done next offseason, then maybe by 2025 the Giants have a roster with more talent on it ready to compete.

4) The Giants more than likely have the #1 pick, in which case two things happen, they like Jones and they ransom the pick to the highest bidder and get a bunch of draft capitol, they don't like Jones and they take Lawrence and hopefully he lives up the hype.

Going to be a fun offseason, which is sad I'm looking forward to it more than the rest of the regular season.

19 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

It sounds like this guy is a generational talent .......... if we get the #1 pick in the Draft we have to take him don't we ?  

you cant pass on him and keep Jones ( after a 2-14 season or something like that ) can you ?

i know its early but .........

Yes.   

You need to change the title to Penei Sewell Uk. That's along the lines of what we need.

And next years second round should have a shit load of decent offensive linemen.

Don't wait for Mexico to build a wall around the qb, build it yourself.