SportsWrath

Dave Gettleman

RandolphScott

There's no point doing anything until end of season. Solder and Beal made decisions not to play. Gettlemen didn't get Baker into trouble, he didn't hurt Saquon/Sheppard or McKinney. This is not a team that right now that can afford to lose anyone. We need to see if these guys can improve some by years end. 

Fact is, with all the the injuries on the 49ers, it was their offensive line that schooled us today.

12 minutes ago, boohyah said:

There's no point doing anything until end of season. Solder and Beal made decisions not to play. Gettlemen didn't get Baker into trouble, he didn't hurt Saquon/Sheppard or McKinney. This is not a team that right now that can afford to lose anyone. We need to see if these guys can improve some by years end. 

Fact is, with all the the injuries on the 49ers, it was their offensive line that schooled us today.

This is all true, but we've been hearing about the O-line rebuild for three seasons now. Unless you think Nate Solder was the difference-maker it is not acceptable that this is what they look like. 

The foundation of any offense is the O-line and four out of five of them are bad. 

I clearly didn't say that. But think what you like. This team was thin anyway so losing starters hurts us worse. Not supporting gettleman on this ,see my comments on his late round drafts. But firing him after 3 games won't make a difference. He also needs to be judged on, well Judge.

I’m still angry this morning ( which is unusual ) . It was such an embarrassing performance and we also quit ( despite what Leonard Williams said )

This team has no Offense and showed no imagination or fight or desire.

That is what annoys me and I want to blame someone for this. Mara , Gettleman , Judge ..... take your pick.

We are the second worse team in the NFL again ( just above the fucking Jets )

29 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I clearly didn't say that. But think what you like. This team was thin anyway so losing starters hurts us worse. Not supporting gettleman on this ,see my comments on his late round drafts. But firing him after 3 games won't make a difference. He also needs to be judged on, well Judge.

That's my thing we lost most of the secondaries starters before the year even began.

Even Peppers has been off the field more than on it so far.

This team is a bunch of no talents because any talent we have is off the field on IR, going to prison or stayed out because of the rona.

It's an awful roster with no depth that Gettleman built and he'll get his due at seasons end.

43 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I’m still angry this morning ( which is unusual ) . It was such an embarrassing performance and we also quit ( despite what Leonard Williams said )

This team has no Offense and showed no imagination or fight or desire.

That is what annoys me and I want to blame someone for this. Mara , Gettleman , Judge ..... take your pick.

We are the second worse team in the NFL again ( just above the fucking Jets )

Not to split hairs, but we're 4th worst.  Gotta work a bit to drop down ro 2nd worst...but with the Rams next week...might be there soon enough

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I'm still good to keep Judge.  I like his energy and everything he says I seem to agree with.  I think he needs to develop too as a first time head coach, but we are devoid of talent and 1, you can't do much with that and 2, that falls on Gettleman

I feel like Judge was more of a Mara hire less of a Getty hire.

Mara wouldn't stop raving about his interview.

As I've probably said before in bits and pieces... DG has made a handful of head scratching moves...

- Trading arguably our best WR ever to the Browns leaving DJ without a solid weapon.

- Trading for the Jets' leftover for a hefty price and a hefty salary... 

- Drafting Saquon (don't take me wrong.. I LOVE Saquon both as a player and a person)... but we don't have the OL to make him successful....

The hope his this young team gets better from an experience point... but now I'm wondering what would we do if we get the 1st overall pick?   Not too early to ponder.... 

I think you have to look at the overall net result of what Dave Gettleman has done. He's made some good moves but he's also had a number of baffling, dumb moves as well, and I think the overall net result is we're just as shitty as we were as a team in 2017. Hence, he has to go. He's had three years and he hasn't moved the needle at all. 

6 hours ago, mastershake said:

I think you have to look at the overall net result of what Dave Gettleman has done. He's made some good moves but he's also had a number of baffling, dumb moves as well, and I think the overall net result is we're just as shitty as we were as a team in 2017. Hence, he has to go. He's had three years and he hasn't moved the needle at all. 

At least we're 3-1 in moral victories.

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

Dumb moves don't go hand in hand with championships.   

On 10/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, Nas said:

Dumb moves don't go hand in hand with championships.   

Nobody is perfect.  Accorsi/Reese are getting credit for two Giants championships and we all agree they made some dumb moves while they were General Managers.  Making dumb decisions is part of life, how you handle it what makes the difference.  Gettleman has dropped players he drafted and signed who have not held up their end of the deal instead of letting the contract play out hoping for a return at some point.

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

Nobody is perfect.  Accorsi/Reese are getting credit for two Giants championships and we all agree they made some dumb moves while they were General Managers.  Making dumb decisions is part of life, how you handle it what makes the difference.  Gettleman has dropped players he drafted and signed who have not held up their end of the deal instead of letting the contract play out hoping for a return at some point.

I get that... some of those dumb moves are just inexcusable... at least for now.   On the flip side I heard the Giants D is the 6th best in the NFL so maybe we're on to something.  

Just now, Nas said:

I get that... some of those dumb moves are just inexcusable... at least for now.   On the flip side I heard the Giants D is the 6th best in the NFL so maybe we're on to something.  

Yeah I think Patrick Graham is the guy we have been looking for.  If this continues for the season, I'm left believing he is the best Giants defensive coordinator since John Fox.  That is just based on this year, I don't know where his ceiling is because he is just getting maximum production from everyone on the field so far.  He tells the players to let him think and all they have to do is run the play and let the results fall on him.  Judge talks about how Graham's defense improved from their first meeting to the last one last year and how much the defense improved to the point that the Dolphins won the second game.  That is really something we have been missing, results early on and improvement and accountability for the guys on the field.  Spagnuolo was a fantastic DC for the NY Giants, but I think Graham is at another level.  Just getting started if we can keep him long enough to bring the talent we have on the field to fruition.