Jump to content
SportsWrath

Draft Hypothetical


Sephiroth
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Giants are on the clock. The first three picks have all been QBs. What do you do? 

You take the best player in the draft?

QB Jordan Love.

In all seriousness you laugh at the Redskins and Lions not taking Chase Young and you watch as he puts up 18+ sack years for big blue.

You then take C/G Ruiz at the start of round two, and then trade up to the middle of round two for OT Isiah Wilson, both players will start week one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Giants are on the clock. The first three picks have all been QBs. What do you do? 

Entertain trade options.   Any chance we get 2 stud OLs or a stud OL and a stud LB in the first round I'm all for it.  Otherwise take Chase Young.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with taking Chase Young is Dave Gettlemen, being the dipshit that he is, has the team headed into the draft with three substantial holes on the offensive line (LT, C, RT), and we desperately need to come out of the draft with two solid day one starters.

Meanwhile, he traded away a premium pick (the early 3rd rounder), AND blew $17mm on Leonard Williams (making him the 2nd highest paid player on the team next to fucking Nate Solder), meaning we have not one but two premium assets invested in Williams. Thus, my view, we're now forced to go OL rounds 1 and 2....or else go into the season with gaping holes along the line and another lost season.

And if he's seriously counting on Solder, Pulley, Gates, or Fleming on any of those starting spots, he's a bigger moron.

If don't think I can take another season where every other week we see our LT spinning around in a circle in pass protection, giving the defender a clear path to the QB never touching the defender, Solder and Flowers style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

I'm interested seeing your Mock draft..

Mine is in BC's mock draft thread. Here it is, with us trading down to San Diego for the number 6 and 71st overall picks.

Here's mine, assuming the Chargers trade scenario:

1 (6): Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

2 (36): Lloyd Cushenberry, OC LSU

I believe OL in general is our top priority, and I'm not at all comfortable going into the season with Spencer Pulley at C. Cushenberry and Cesar Ruiz are the top C in this draft, but I presume Ruiz will be gone at this point, so the giants pick Cushenberry. I would also love to take a top pass rusher, but the position is thin in this draft and no player at this point warrants a high 2nd round pick (plus I'm hoping we bring back Golden).

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lloyd-cushenberry?id=32194355-5318-1630-6286-472cca057e78

3 (71): Terrell Burgess, S Utah

Interchangeable safety who provides depth and sub-package coverage roles, plus insurance in case Love doesn’t pan out and/or Peppers leaves next year.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrell-burgess?id=32194255-5210-2577-4960-9b8e33e83c2a

3 (95): Troy Dye, LB Oregon

LB depth with coverage ability.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/troy-dye?id=32194459-4530-5092-a5b4-c72f08356d17

4 (110): Josiah Scott, CB Michigan State

The giants need depth at CB and a slot cover corner, particularly as Sam Beal can't stay on the field plus hasn't shown much. Scott plays bigger than his size. Nevertheless, his traits are perfectly suited for slot corner with spot starting capabilities as well.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-scott?id=32195343-4f42-6818-5881-c2c3131f23ff

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Mine is in BC's mock draft thread. Here it is, with us trading down to San Diego for the number 6 and 71st overall picks.

Here's mine, assuming the Chargers trade scenario:

1 (6): Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

2 (36): Lloyd Cushenberry, OC LSU

I believe OL in general is our top priority, and I'm not at all comfortable going into the season with Spencer Pulley at C. Cushenberry and Cesar Ruiz are the top C in this draft, but I presume Ruiz will be gone at this point, so the giants pick Cushenberry. I would also love to take a top pass rusher, but the position is thin in this draft and no player at this point warrants a high 2nd round pick (plus I'm hoping we bring back Golden).

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lloyd-cushenberry?id=32194355-5318-1630-6286-472cca057e78

3 (71): Terrell Burgess, S Utah

Interchangeable safety who provides depth and sub-package coverage roles, plus insurance in case Love doesn’t pan out and/or Peppers leaves next year.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrell-burgess?id=32194255-5210-2577-4960-9b8e33e83c2a

3 (95): Troy Dye, LB Oregon

LB depth with coverage ability.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/troy-dye?id=32194459-4530-5092-a5b4-c72f08356d17

4 (110): Josiah Scott, CB Michigan State

The giants need depth at CB and a slot cover corner, particularly as Sam Beal can't stay on the field plus hasn't shown much. Scott plays bigger than his size. Nevertheless, his traits are perfectly suited for slot corner with spot starting capabilities as well.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-scott?id=32195343-4f42-6818-5881-c2c3131f23ff

 

Wow.. just getting a 3rd round draft to move 2 spots? I think we can get a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 4th also. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Isaiah Simmons, IL Clemson(6) Trade down with San Diego

2. Isaiah Wilson, RT Georgia (36)

2. Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge Penn St.  (37) Trade from San Diego

3. Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin  (99) 

4. K'Von Wallace, S Clemson (110)

4. Leki Fotu, DT Utah (112) Trade from San Diego

5. A. J. Dillion, RB Boston (150)

6. Tanner Muse S, Clemson (183) I don't think he will last this long. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just posted this on Nemesis Draft thread

 

4th pick : Isaiah Simmons – LB Clemson

I just don’t see us by passing him and I think Gettleman Signed Cam Fleming to give him some flexibility later on. Simmons has the ability to be a game changer and with Connelly and Martinez now back there this defense could make a major reversal of fortunes.

36TH pick : Josh Jones – OT Houston

I do think Jones will be late first early second and is good value here and becomes part one of my attempt to rebuild the line through this draft.

99th pick: Ben Bartch – OT St John

If we stay here and Bartch is here then he’s the pick. Problem here I think the Giants not trying to move further up in the round is dumb considering we have 10 picks here. Bartch is huge and could bookend the line opposite Jones and replace Solder next year.

110th pick : Tyler Biadasz – OL Wiconsin

Part 3 of the rebuild. Biadasz is a  center and could go straight into the lineup this year. Voted Nations best center last year in college.

150th pick : Devin Duvernay – WR, Texas

This is a deep WR class and all he’s good value here as a slot receiver.

183rd pick : Tanner Muse -S, Clemson

Muse is a linebacker size safety playing on one of the best teams in college. Being a tweener hasn’t worked well in the past, but something tells me this guy has the chance to work well on this team.

216th pick : Mitchell Wilcox – TE, South Florida.

Strengths catching the ball and probably projects as a reliable option on offense.

238th pick:  Michael Warren II – RB Cincinnati.

2 year starter, one gets the feeling that Wayne Gallman, who I like, is on a short leash and is in the last year of his contract may want to move on. Warren’s strength is power running and could make a good change of pace, late game runner.

247th pick : Gage Cervenka – OL Clemson.

What I like here is again, coming from this program and he gives us more depth across the line. Big strong guy and good value here.

255th pick:  Carter Coughlin – Edge Minnesota.

Nothing but depth here, I’m kind of hoping we don’t have this pick at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

1. Isaiah Simmons, IL Clemson(6) Trade down with San Diego

2. Isaiah Wilson, RT Georgia (36)

2. Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge Penn St.  (37) Trade from San Diego

3. Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin  (99) 

4. K'Von Wallace, S Clemson (110)

4. Leki Fotu, DT Utah (112) Trade from San Diego

5. A. J. Dillion, RB Boston (150)

6. Tanner Muse S, Clemson (183) I don't think he will last this long. 

 

I like Wallace and Dillon, but I think Dion Lewis meets the speedy small rb spot. I also have Muse going earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see how we could pass on Young.  There are so many holes on this team that I think if arguably the best player in the draft falls to our lap, we have to take him 

I'd love to see us take a couple olinemen in the first few rounds, but if this scenario happens, unless some team out there suddenly wants to trade up for Young that can reach 4 but not 2, I think we thank our lucky stars for the windfall and take him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

If Chase Young falls to us, I can't imagine the trade offer it would take to get me to trade out even one spot back. 

I think Washington will most like draft Jeff Akudah out of OSU. If that’s the case, no way Detroit trades down and drafts Chase Young. Leaving us good leverage to get more picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

I think Washington will most like draft Jeff Akudah out of OSU. If that’s the case, no way Detroit trades down and drafts Chase Young. Leaving us good leverage to get more picks. 

Okudah to Washington, now THAT is a contrarian opinion! You could be right, he's an outstanding player, and they need serious help on the back end of the D.

Vegas usually knows though.... and right now the money says Okudah probably isn't going until after pick five. 

Something to consider if trading back.... next year's draft has been hyped for a couple years now as being unusually loaded at the top.....  a 2021 first round pick, including a swap of 2020 1sts, should be the starting point of any discussion. 

Lets face it.... this team isn't anywhere close to win NOW, so this is a good time to build a virtuous cycle involving future draft picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vernon Gholston, an epic draft bust, has eerily similar numbers (stats and measurables) and a similar draft profile to that of Chase Young. So does 

Chase Young was completely neutralized by Wisconsin in the Big 10 championship (2nd time around playing him), and in the bowl game against Clemson, and was a non-factor.

I think he'll put up numbers close to Jadaveon Clowney (excluding last year)...6-9 sacks per year, but won't be anything special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Nas said:

Entertain trade options.   Any chance we get 2 stud OLs or a stud OL and a stud LB in the first round I'm all for it.  Otherwise take Chase Young.

 

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Okudah to Washington, now THAT is a contrarian opinion! You could be right, he's an outstanding player, and they need serious help on the back end of the D.

Vegas usually knows though.... and right now the money says Okudah probably isn't going until after pick five. 

Something to consider if trading back.... next year's draft has been hyped for a couple years now as being unusually loaded at the top.....  a 2021 first round pick, including a swap of 2020 1sts, should be the starting point of any discussion. 

Lets face it.... this team isn't anywhere close to win NOW, so this is a good time to build a virtuous cycle involving future draft picks. 

For the record, I'd be trading back, then for variety I'd trade back. Right off the top I'd be trading with the Chargers or Miami for their second, or a third and next year's first. I'd be looking afterwards at either swapping with the Raiders for both of their firsts (I'd probably want a 5th too) or the Colts for at least two of their 2nd round picks. 

This is a draft deep at OT and WR, two huge needs for us, and you don't need a top-10 pick to grab a Pro-Bowl caliber player at those spots this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, boohyah said:

I just posted this on Nemesis Draft thread

 

36TH pick : Josh Jones – OT Houston

I do think Jones will be late first early second and is good value here and becomes part one of my attempt to rebuild the line through this draft.

99th pick: Ben Bartch – OT St John

If we stay here and Bartch is here then he’s the pick. Problem here I think the Giants not trying to move further up in the round is dumb considering we have 10 picks here. Bartch is huge and could bookend the line opposite Jones and replace Solder next year.

110th pick : Tyler Biadasz – OL Wiconsin

Part 3 of the rebuild. Biadasz is a  center and could go straight into the lineup this year. Voted Nations best center last year in college.

183rd pick : Tanner Muse -S, Clemson

Muse is a linebacker size safety playing on one of the best teams in college. Being a tweener hasn’t worked well in the past, but something tells me this guy has the chance to work well on this team.

216th pick : Mitchell Wilcox – TE, South Florida.

Strengths catching the ball and probably projects as a reliable option on offense.

238th pick:  Michael Warren II – RB Cincinnati.

 

Love your Michael Warren II selection. Tough runner. If we don't select Dillion, I would love the Giants selecting in the 7th. Tanner Muse might not be there in the 5th round. The guy posted 4.4 speed at the combine. He has SS written all over him. His cover skill is decent... so grabbing him in the 4th or 5th would be great value.

 

Sorry, I could be wrong. But I don't see Josh Jones, and especially Ben Barch fitting in Jason Garrett type offense. Usually he like 325 plus linemen. and I doubt Tyler Biadasz will last past the 3rd round.  He's considered one of the best centers in this year draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Okudah to Washington, now THAT is a contrarian opinion! You could be right, he's an outstanding player, and they need serious help on the back end of the D.

Vegas usually knows though.... and right now the money says Okudah probably isn't going until after pick five. 

Something to consider if trading back.... next year's draft has been hyped for a couple years now as being unusually loaded at the top.....  a 2021 first round pick, including a swap of 2020 1sts, should be the starting point of any discussion. 

Lets face it.... this team isn't anywhere close to win NOW, so this is a good time to build a virtuous cycle involving future draft picks. 

I agree... we need to trade as far back as possible. This year draft is stacked 1st - 3rd rounds. I'm guessing redskins would draft Okudah because he is so much above everyone else. They already have a good young pass rusher in Montez Sweat.  I can see them surprising everyone and going after Okudah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

 

For the record, I'd be trading back, then for variety I'd trade back. Right off the top I'd be trading with the Chargers or Miami for their second, or a third and next year's first. I'd be looking afterwards at either swapping with the Raiders for both of their firsts (I'd probably want a 5th too) or the Colts for at least two of their 2nd round picks. 

This is a draft deep at OT and WR, two huge needs for us, and you don't need a top-10 pick to grab a Pro-Bowl caliber player at those spots this year. 

If we trade with Miami, i'm asking for one of their first...period. Miami, San Diego and Carolina are all looking for a QB. and it wouldn't surprise me if Oakland tries to jump ahead as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

If we trade with Miami, i'm asking for one of their first...period. Miami, San Diego and Carolina are all looking for a QB. and it wouldn't surprise me if Oakland tries to jump ahead as well. 

You know I totally forgot that Miami had two more firsts but yeah, I think I would too.  Maybe offer our conditional 3rd in the deal for one of their firsts, but obviously try not to have to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

You know I totally forgot that Miami had two more firsts but yeah, I think I would too.  Maybe offer our conditional 3rd in the deal for one of their firsts, but obviously try not to have to do that. 

Miami has 3... The Jets gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up 2 spots. Yeah, we are asking for at least a first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...