SportsWrath

Draft Hypothetical

Sephiroth

You know...the more I read into the draft, the more I have a sense there will be 2 QBs and Young go in the top 3.  Sure, Wash and/or Det might trade back, but I don't know that that changes who is selected.

And you'd think that would but us in a favorable spot with the last of the top 3 QBs still there.  I can see taking calls from LA or Mia.

I would take extra picks and still bring in either Simmons or your OT of choice.

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

You know...the more I read into the draft, the more I have a sense there will be 2 QBs and Young go in the top 3.  Sure, Wash and/or Det might trade back, but I don't know that that changes who is selected.

And you'd think that would but us in a favorable spot with the last of the top 3 QBs still there.  I can see taking calls from LA or Mia.

I would take extra picks and still bring in either Simmons or your OT of choice.

I think Detroit is more likely to trade out of their spot than the Redskins.  They need some serious draft capital and some impact players this year if that front office wants to stay in place, and do not seem to be interested in a QB. 

The skins are taking Chase Young.  Young, Sweat, and Kerrigan is a fucking fierce defensive line... that group will probably win you three games each season all by themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I think Detroit is more likely to trade out of their spot than the Redskins.  They need some serious draft capital and some impact players this year if that front office wants to stay in place, and do not seem to be interested in a QB. 

The skins are taking Chase Young.  Young, Sweat, and Kerrigan is a fucking fierce defensive line... that group will probably win you three games each season all by themselves. 

I have to believe that they wouldn't give up on Haskins yet either...but new coaching could do that and get away with it.  If you give a year or two to Haskins and he fails, you as the coach can pass the blame on previous regime and start over then...extending your own employment.

I'd bet on them taking Young and Detroit trading out.  If Wash trades out, then Det takes Young at 3.  As such, I don't see both trading out.

Question is, if Wash takes Young and Det stays at 3, who do they take?

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I have to believe that they wouldn't give up on Haskins yet either...but new coaching could do that and get away with it.  If you give a year or two to Haskins and he fails, you as the coach can pass the blame on previous regime and start over then...extending your own employment.

I'd bet on them taking Young and Detroit trading out.  If Wash trades out, then Det takes Young at 3.  As such, I don't see both trading out.

Question is, if Wash takes Young and Det stays at 3, who do they take?

Derek Brown. They love them some overrated D-linemen in Detroit.