SportsWrath

Snacks Traded!!!

Iceman_NYG

Theyll use the picks to get another first rounder or to be able to move up in other rounds. They are deep at DT and primarily run-stuffing DT isnt all that valuable or necessary in a league that primarily passes. Still, a 5th rounder is tragic.

His contract was reasonable and he was worth more than a 5th... but yeah, I think the team understands we're going to be bad this year... bad the next... might as well see what we've got at NT with the two guys who'll be here after that.

How are we deep at DT? Outside of Tomlinson and BJ Hill, a rookie, who do we have?

Theres usually only ever three dlineman on the field at once. They all rotate all over that line. Tomlinson and Hill are both more versatile and higher upside players. RJ McIntosh just came back I believe, as well.

Im hearing Sterling Shepard may be next, which would truly be stupid.

Yes this was the first thing i worried about after this mornings trade. If they get a first round pick then fine but anything lower and Im gonna hate it

If we trade Shepard for anything other than a 1st rounder, fuck off. He's been amazing.I'd hate to see some of my favorite giants these past few years gone.

Why don't we fucking get rid of Eli?

If we trade Shepard for anything other than a 1st rounder, fuck off. He's been amazing.I'd hate to see some of my favorite giants these past few years gone.

The powers that be literally didnt have the foresight to consider that Manning was on the decline. He cant be traded. We get dinged with a huge cap hit if hes released. Unless he restructures which he has never been inclined to do, we are burdened with his prohibitive contract until after next year.

OK WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES IS GOING ON??? THEY TRADE SNACKS FOR A 5th ROUNDER???? He wasnt even that much Cap room!!! I dont get whats going on!! Seriously!!

This is fucking depressing!

I was shocked to hear we only got a 5th for him.. it can't be we got a 4th for apple and only a 5th for Snacks... now I wonder how many years he had left on his contract and how much... could it be his new contract would have cost a bundle????

His contract was reasonable and he was worth more than a 5th... but yeah, I think the team understands we're going to be bad this year... bad the next... might as well see what we've got at NT with the two guys who'll be here after that.

I really do not see how he was only worth a 5th.... I can't imagine they left a better offer on the table

Yes this was the first thing i worried about after this mornings trade. If they get a first round pick then fine but anything lower and Im gonna hate it

Sterling is one of the young players they should keep... not sure he's a 1st round cliber but him, ODB, Barkely and Engram (and Hernandez) are the building blocks on the offensive side of the ball.

You ain't getting anything for him.. and the guy has been a Giant for a very long time... he should have respectable send off...

The idea that the Giants should continue to stay firm and bang their heads against the wall with the current crop of players from their last two disastrous seasons is far more atrocious than a 5th round pick for an aging, undersized DT who plays only 50% of defensive snaps.

More nostalgia from Giants fans. Its what got us stuck with a 38 year old quarterback who cant work the pocket or throw downfield.

Yeah snacks brings his age with him but can be cut by the lions whenever they want with no financial consequences. Apple is young and comes with minimal financial commitment.

Shepard is no worse than cooks or Cooper and is under a great contract for a year and a half. 1st rounder or gtfo

How is Snacks undersized?

Dude is 6-3 355lbs.

Yeah I got no problem with the trade, the Giants are in fire sale/rebuild mode (FINALLY!!!) which we have all been asking for.

But Snacks has been a consistent player for us and he's still a higly rated DT according to most measures, I don't agree with Storm at all on the whole "nostalgia thing" Snack is still a very good player.

Losing a guy like him hurts but you gotta flip the roster and get picks, get what you can for who you can.

Just shitty to see because he was still contributing, but with the emergence of BJ Hill and Tomlinson, he was made expendable unfortunately and he goes to a team that can use him day one.