SportsWrath

Snacks Traded!!!

Iceman_NYG

Those aren't big cap saving moves unfortunately. I trust Gettlemen on these trades, just wish we were trading guys like Curtis Riley for a fifth rounder, BW Webb for a fourth, etc.

You'd never find a single team willing to trade for either of those guys.

I know what your saying "trade back ups, not starters" but you can't just dangle players who are probably just going to end up back in free agency next year.

It's like saying why can't we trade Gallman for a third? Because he's just some back up RB who you could replace with most any FA RB.

So waiting till the off season when teams load up on free agents and players from the draft is?

The Giants could of just cut him outright in the off season and gotten no value.

The Lions needed help with their run game, the Giants got something in return, before the trade deadline when most trades happen in the NFL.

A late round pick, plus another pick usually moves you up in the draft, but people often forget that you can move up/down in the draft after years of JR.

Obviously if other NFL teams thought he was as valuable as people make him out to be here, teams would of been throwing better deals out there to get "THE BEST RUN STUFFER EVER!" the moment Getty let it fly he was looking to trade him.

My bet is the Lions were one of the few teams to even inquire about it, or even make an offer.

Shuffling rosters and making cap room for new acquisitions is much easier in the offseason rather than on the fly in the middle of the season. And why would they cut him with two years left on the contract? That makes even less sense as it would compound his pro-rata'd signing bonus.

Shuffling rosters and making cap room for new acquisitions is much easier in the offseason rather than on the fly in the middle of the season. And why would they cut him with two years left on the contract? That makes even less sense as it would compound his pro-rata'd signing bonus.

They got value for him, and they don't have to worry about his cap hit next year of 7 million dollars, instead of a dead cap of 3.2

Oh and also they freed up 5 million in space as well with the trade.

So 12 million saved in cap for next year, roughly 9 million after the dead cap hit, and a fifth round pick, not to mention not having to worry about his 9.8 million dollar cap hit in 2020.

For a guy who was helping the Giants maintain a 21st ranked rushing defense.

The trend is towards more activity at the trade deadline. More like the baseball formula of the have nots feeding the haves for future considerations.

They got value for him, and they don't have to worry about his cap hit next year of 7 million dollars, instead of a dead cap of 3.2

Oh and also they freed up 5 million in space as well with the trade.

So 12 million saved in cap for next year, roughly 9 million after the dead cap hit, and a fifth round pick, not to mention not having to worry about his 9.8 million dollar cap hit in 2020.

For a guy who was helping the Giants maintain a 21st ranked rushing defense.

Look... lets diminish the guy... hes a great DT on a bad team... I have no problem with the trade and I think it makes sense from a numbers standpoint... my only gripe is hes definitely worth more than a 5th... hands down.

When you're right, you are right. Right now I'm beginning to get excited at the idea of a defensive line stocked from the draft and ready to play without Harrison.

I honestly think this move alone is Gettys way of tanking the season. Our average defense is about to get a lot worse.

Yeah our 21st ranked run defense is now going to sink to 23rd were they average 5 more yards giving up a game.

Gonna really hurt this team when teams continuously score 30 on us instead of 27.

Yeah our 21st ranked run defense is now going to sink to 23rd were they average 5 more yards giving up a game.

Gonna really hurt this team when teams continuously score 30 on us instead of 27.

BiC, are you saying the Giants already suck ?!? :o

… Its past time to embrace the suck.