SportsWrath

It's WAY too early to talk play-offs...but...

Treehugger

We really need the W to keep pace with the division. We might not catch Dallas but with the rest of the NFC struggling we've got a real shot at a wild card. 6-3 looks strong but 5-4 means Washington & Minnesota leapfrog us.

This could come down to Week 17 at Washington.

I think writers were talking about playoff scenarios before the end of September.

I have said it since the beginning of the season.

This is a building process and it is one game at a time. It remains to be seen if the playoffs are in the future for this team as there is plenty of football left to be played this season but this team has stepped up and won the difficult games that needed to be won to make the playoffs a possibility.

I still think this is a 7 win team. We might win 8.

We'll see I guess, but I think playoffs are a year away.

If we win tonight we could easily win the next two as well (Chicago and Cleveland), putting us at 8-3. If we can beat the Lions, Eagles and Skins to finish out the season then the two games in the middle (Pittsburgh and Dallas) don't matter very much. 11-5.

We really need the W to keep pace with the division. We might not catch Dallas but with the rest of the NFC struggling we've got a real shot at a wild card. 6-3 looks strong but 5-4 means Washington & Minnesota leapfrog us.

This could come down to Week 17 at Washington.

Seeing the Vikings have stunk up the joint losing like 4 in a row... we had no business losing to anyone we've lost to so far... none. And to think we had a chance to shore up our OL in the offseason and didn't...

This weekend stung... all 3 NFC East teams won... shit... we better win tonight.

P.S. I don't even know who we're playing next week... so playoffs? playoffs? No thank you...

Yeah I just want to focus on Cinci. But I do think we win this game. At home, and I like our matchups. Defense is playing well, and Dalton going up against good defenses turns the ball over. We have been good against the run.

We lose if we don't slow their pass rush and Eli turns the ball over and we lose turnover margin. I am constantly impressed by Geno Atkins. I think he's up there among the best pass-rushin DTs in the game. Carlos Dunlap is also underrated. They have a very physical defense with Burfict and George Iloka. It will be interesting to see how our more finesse offense does against their physicality.

So we will see, but I think the Giants win this game by 10.

Then it's the Bears in NJ, then the Browns in Cleveland. Tough games after that but I think 10-6 should be the low-goal, and I think the Giants are very capable of going 7-1 the rest of the way and winning the division.

11-5, 12-4? Gentlemen, its time to pass whatever it is you are smoking.

AJ Green is going to go the hell off tonight, and Geno Atkins is going to man handle our miniature left guard. Helping Jones on Atkins will draw attention from Dunlap, who will get a few clean release free shots on Eli. Turnovers galore.

This time tomorrow we will be talking in terms of 5-11 or 6-10.

At 6-3, with a real chance of hitting 8-3 given Chicago and Cleveland are our next opponents...I'll take it. If we get to that point, I'd strongly consider treating the Steelers and Lions games as preseason games...instead, focusing 100% on the 3 remaining division games.

but my deliberately awful prediction on Atkins wasn't far off. I suspect he got dinged late in the game, his effort was gone in the 4th quarter. And its a good thing, because the Giants don't win that game if they don't eventually get Atkins blocked.

Didn't hurt that AJ Green got dinged too. As soon as he was limping around, you could tell the D didn't fear the Bengals at all anymore.

I'll tell you what, Brett Jones was a fucking force till he went out with in injury. Stonewalled Atkins on just about every play.

I think Atkins was mostly lined up on Jerry? I'm not sure, I was watching for Atkins to line up over Jones, but I didn't notice those two squaring off.

But I had more than a few last night, so I'm not sure how accurate my recollection is, LOL.

I think Atkins was mostly lined up on Jerry? I'm not sure, I was watching for Atkins to line up over Jones, but I didn't notice those two squaring off.

But I had more than a few last night, so I'm not sure how accurate my recollection is, LOL.

I'm honestly not positive, but I paid attention to him on every play. Is Atkins RT or LT? He was manhandling the RT.