SportsWrath

Positives from last night's game.

Sephiroth

Two positives:

I didn't watch the game.

We could've won it had we not made our own mistakes: penalties - especially at bad times, turnovers, etc.

The real concern here for me is not so much the players, although Beckham is getting on my nerves. The real concern for me is the fact that things the coach is preaching, the players are not putting on the field. Protecting the football - we are losing the turnover battle in spectacular fashion. The coach too, was supposed to be an innovative offensive coach and he just hasn't been yet. Maybe his offense is taking time to install...but I think it was his offense last year...so that wouldn't make a ton of sense. Maybe Coughlin had a larger influence on the offense last year than it seemed and now that he's gone, McAdoo changed things to his own. Don't know those details...but it still kills me when I see teams like Green Bay or New England...you watch the offenses and it just seems they have plays we don't. They have formations that we don't. We will move guys pre-snap, but it's like defenses don't have a problem shifting to match up with whatever we do.

The draw to McAdoo was supposedly an ability to be creative offensively and it just hasn't happened. He has weapons and the players have ability...but the plays are stale. RB draw on 3rd and long, I know many have mentioned. Receivers running the same routes...fly, 5 yd in/out, 10 yard in/out, hooks, slants...you don't see the crossing patterns, the rubs, the plays that specifically are designed to get a guy open.

I'll give McAdoo this year...and if things don't improve...I really don't see Eli getting another championship before he hangs them up. And that's the most depressing part of it. We all know that when Eli goes, there will likely be some years of Giants football we don't even want to think about now. I say this despite my not being the biggest Eli supporter. Beckham, as some have indicated, without some success now, may walk when his rookie deal is up. Same for Shepard...especially if Eli retires at some point.

I guess what I'm rambling on here is that the window is currently open...but we're just not taking advantage of it. But that window...it's gonna be closed or damn near closed in 3-4 years. And if we don't make something of it sooner than later...it'll be another 3-4 years after that to rebuild. And 6-8 years without success...that's going to suck.

By the conservative nature Eli is playing with, it seems to me that the window is already closed. Throwing the ball into the dirt and playing scared all game tells me he already has hung it up. At least he did for Minnesota.

I watched the game

There is no new offense being installed, it is what we had the last two years minus the illusion of a power running game. You can stop blaming Tom Coughlin for the offense.

It's the same offense as Gilbride...just somehow even more predictable.

No it is definitely the McAdoo offense. Very few elements remain are from Gilbride.

Eli Manning wasn't hurt either. I think he was frustrated with communication issues. A couple of plays guys were not running the right route and he simply threw the ball on the ground.

Two positives:

I didn't watch the game.

We could've won it had we not made our own mistakes: penalties - especially at bad times, turnovers, etc.

The real concern here for me is not so much the players, although Beckham is getting on my nerves. The real concern for me is the fact that things the coach is preaching, the players are not putting on the field. Protecting the football - we are losing the turnover battle in spectacular fashion. The coach too, was supposed to be an innovative offensive coach and he just hasn't been yet. Maybe his offense is taking time to install...but I think it was his offense last year...so that wouldn't make a ton of sense. Maybe Coughlin had a larger influence on the offense last year than it seemed and now that he's gone, McAdoo changed things to his own. Don't know those details...but it still kills me when I see teams like Green Bay or New England...you watch the offenses and it just seems they have plays we don't. They have formations that we don't. We will move guys pre-snap, but it's like defenses don't have a problem shifting to match up with whatever we do.

The draw to McAdoo was supposedly an ability to be creative offensively and it just hasn't happened. He has weapons and the players have ability...but the plays are stale. RB draw on 3rd and long, I know many have mentioned. Receivers running the same routes...fly, 5 yd in/out, 10 yard in/out, hooks, slants...you don't see the crossing patterns, the rubs, the plays that specifically are designed to get a guy open.

I'll give McAdoo this year...and if things don't improve...I really don't see Eli getting another championship before he hangs them up. And that's the most depressing part of it. We all know that when Eli goes, there will likely be some years of Giants football we don't even want to think about now. I say this despite my not being the biggest Eli supporter. Beckham, as some have indicated, without some success now, may walk when his rookie deal is up. Same for Shepard...especially if Eli retires at some point.

I guess what I'm rambling on here is that the window is currently open...but we're just not taking advantage of it. But that window...it's gonna be closed or damn near closed in 3-4 years. And if we don't make something of it sooner than later...it'll be another 3-4 years after that to rebuild. And 6-8 years without success...that's going to suck.

See I dont understand the "draw" to MacAttack.

The guy was the quarterback coach in Green Bay, he had fuck all to do with game planning or calling plays with McCarthy running the show over there.

No HC experience, no coordinator experience.

JR hitched his wagon to a horse that doesnt shown an ounce of emotion and will probably cost them both their jobs.

The guy was the quarterback coach in Green Bay, he had fuck all to do with game planning or calling plays with McCarthy running the show over there.

JR hitched his wagon to a horse that doesnt shown an ounce of emotion and will probably cost them both their jobs.

This...

I wasn't saying I agreed with the assessment, but given the connection between a QB coach and an OC, I'd have to believe that McAdoo had pretty intimate knowledge of the GB offense. So I didn't and don't necessarily fault the move. But at the same rate, it has not yet translated here.

If we fired a head coach, hired a dud, and spent $200 million and STILL go 8-8...then there needs to be a new bump on the field for JR...the only question would be where we'd like that bump to be. If you were to bury JR under the field...what yard line would you be looking at?

Green Bay is all Rodgers, not its system. All their huge plays are him running around and improvising

Agreed which is why I thought installing the WCO was odd when they were obviously going to commit to Eli for his career. It takes a top WR too even Rodgers missed Jordy last year