SportsWrath

Official Giants Coaching Interviews Thread

Mr. P

Other players sustain them on impact plays with guys powering through their tackles. Beatty sustained his lifting weights, with a trainer. That is absurd.

Still not the first.

Here's one article about nfl players getting hurt lifting weights just this year:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/175271/vikings-still-trying-to-prevent-pectoral-injuries

Other players sustain them on impact plays with guys powering through their tackles. Beatty sustained his lifting weights, with a trainer. That is absurd.

Because all injuries originate with Palmieri :rimshot:

Because all injuries originate with Palmieri :rimshot:

They might not all originate with him, but you'd think a head coach wouldn't let his team lead the league in injuries for two decades before he made a change.

Oh right. Coughlin never made the change.

He went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 29 in overtime. That should disqualify him from ever getting a job again

I saw him do that several times! And it doesn't sound so bad except that he would run the same play on 3rd down and get stuffed, and then go back to it again... WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE... If you like bland coaches with no creativity, Mike Smith is the guy... But you know, he seems like a Mara type of hire.

I saw him do that several times! And it doesn't sound so bad except that he would run the same play on 3rd down and get stuffed, and then go back to it again... WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE... If you like bland coaches with no creativity, Mike Smith is the guy... But you know, he seems like a Mara type of hire.

Yeah exactly. Like when he got stuffed on 4th and 1 against us twice in the playoffs. I'm cool with giving him a little credit for turning Atlanta around but I do not want that guy at the wheel when we're in a big spot

I hope we interview Hue Jackson now that the Bengals are out of it.

"Hue Jackson is expected to join the Competition sometime next week, a person with knowledge of the situation told NJ. Advance Media."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/giants_coaching_candidates_hue_jackson_mike_smith.html#2

I hope so, he's one of my top choices along with Marrone.

They might not all originate with him, but you'd think a head coach wouldn't let his team lead the league in injuries for two decades before he made a change.

Oh right. Coughlin never made the change.

Things weren't better before Coughlin arrived and only slightly improved. The solution to the injury bug remains elusive.

I can't wait until they hire someone. The day after day of media and fan speculation is getting tiresome. Imagine if they really want McDaniels or McDermott and they have to wait until they are eliminated and their teams go to the Super Bowl. That would suck...

I can't wait until they hire someone. The day after day of media and fan speculation is getting tiresome. Imagine if they really want McDaniels or McDermott and they have to wait until they are eliminated and their teams go to the Super Bowl. That would suck...

So the speculation and hyper focus can switch to the draft/free agency sooner?