SportsWrath

Official Giants Coaching Interviews Thread

Mr. P

Jordan Ranaan says the scuttlebutt is that Marrone is Mara's top choice as well, Pdub. You may get your wish. I'd be ok with that, you sold me on him. Hopefully it will work out, and I'm not sure there is anyone out there better with the possible exception of Cowher.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/giants_coaching_candidates_doug_marrone_tops_the_l.html#1

But I'm not sure there is a perfect candidate out there, either.

I kind of would like them to interview Saban.

Twitter saying McAdoo is next HC with Joe Philbin supposedly coming in as OC.

I am seeing the samething.... point is Mara said it's all on Reese and that a Reese knows it then they force Coughlin out and say they are going to do an intestive search for a new Head coach. Then you don't hear of any one that garners serious attenention from the Giants FO. Mara says it has to be the right guy.something just doesn't seem right if this is the route they take to hire for a position they should of never let go.

I am seeing the samething.... point is Mara said it's all on Reese and that a Reese knows it then they force Coughlin out and say they are going to do an intestive search for a new Head coach. Then you don't hear of any one that garners serious attenention from the Giants FO. Mara says it has to be the right guy.something just doesn't seem right if this is the route they take to hire for a position they should of never let go.

I don't know if this is just me but I think the Giants had genuine interest in Hue Jackson and he didn't even do the interview. I think the Giants didn't get their top choices, speculation on my part but guessing that Jackson and Sean Payton would've both been high on their list. Who knows. I think Mara would've done backflips if he could've gotten Payton back but honestly I'm glad it's not him.

Again, McAdoo has been mentored by the best. He has two former coaches at his right and his left (assuming that Philbin and Spags will be his coordinators). This really can work if Reese gets them the right players in the draft and free agency.

I don't know if this is just me but I think the Giants had genuine interest in Hue Jackson and he didn't even do the interview. I think the Giants didn't get their top choices, speculation on my part but guessing that Jackson and Sean Payton would've both been high on their list. Who knows. I think Mara would've done backflips if he could've gotten Payton back but honestly I'm glad it's not him.

Again, McAdoo has been mentored by the best. He has two former coaches at his right and his left (assuming that Philbin and Spags will be his coordinators). This really can work if Reese gets them the right players in the draft and free agency.

Agree for the most part. Can't say I'd have been too disappointed with Payton, assuming his DC was worth a damn...because you know SP isn't too concerned defensively.