SportsWrath

Official Giants Coaching Interviews Thread

Mr. P

I have a feeling we're going to be pretty bad for the next two years until this gets turned around. Those Jerry Reese drafts from 2008-2012 are really hurting us now.

Eh.. this is the NFL.. and to think we were a decision or a play away from winning 4 more games... I think part of the change has to be the strength and conditioning program... torn fucking pecs shouldn't be injuries sustained by pro athletes...

Just wait. Got about 2-3 years of those coming. Just in time for Eli to hang em up so then we are breaking in some Rookie QB,

My thoughts too, there's a lot of bad timing going on here that could make things real ugly.

Eh.. this is the NFL.. and to think we were a decision or a play away from winning 4 more games... I think part of the change has to be the strength and conditioning program... torn fucking pecs shouldn't be injuries sustained by pro athletes...

except it is, and it isn't exclusive to the giants.

Correct but Coughlin has input in the personnel and he's presided over a few seasons in a row that are less than stellar... McAdoo on the other hand is on his 2nd year working with what he has.

The key there is that he HAS INPUT. That's essentially having an educated opinion. He doesn't make any draft selections or any free agent signings. That's the GM's job and the GM has the final say on everyone. Mind you... this is just clarification. Not an endorsement of Coughlin.

So the list has grown:

Ben McAdoo - interviewed

Steve Spagnuolo - will interview

Adam Gase, Bears OC - scheduled interview

Hue Jackson, Bengals OC - want to interview, not scheduled

Doug Marrone, Jaguars OLine/Asst. HC - in process of setting up interview

Sean McDermott, Panthers DC - in process of setting up interview

I was waiting for the horse beating thing! But what you get in response is, "we're entitled to our opinion". What I always add to myself is, "no matter how baseless and ridiculous"

But it's true - people are entitled to their opinion. Some people are of the opinion that our government perpetrated 9/11 on ourselves, to rally support for war. Some are of the opinion that the moon landing was a hoax, staged on a back Hollywood lot. And some people are of the opinion that the NY Giants strength and conditioning program is responsible for player injuries. All are entitled to such opinions....and the rest of us are entitled to chuckle, shake our head and move on.

I was waiting for the horse beating thing! But what you get in response is, "we're entitled to our opinion". What I always add to myself is, "no matter how baseless and ridiculous"

But it's true - people are entitled to their opinion. Some people are of the opinion that our government perpetrated 9/11 on ourselves, to rally support for war. Some are of the opinion that the moon landing was a hoax, staged on a back Hollywood lot. And some people are of the opinion that the NY Giants strength and conditioning program is responsible for player injuries. All are entitled to such opinions....and the rest of us are entitled to chuckle, shake our head and move on.

Yeah I'm not telling people they can't have the opinion.

Yes but it's not as if jay cutler is an automatic recipe for success

But aren't the Bears something like 21st in offense this year? I mean shit, McAdoo is 8th... might as well keep the guy you have.

Again, I don't know much about the guy, but I'm not really sure where all the accolades come from. He won with Payton Manning and posted the 21st offense with Jay Cutler. What's so special about that?

Well I think it's worth pointing out that jeffrey was banged up all year and he never had kevin white on the field. Forte missed 3 games too.

But yeah he doesn't have that much of a resume yet so he's definitely a bit of a gamble from a fan-knowledge standpoint

If we're going to put an offense-minded coach into the head coach spot, despite my reservations about McAdoo, I think he has to be the guy. But with that said, I think I'd try for defense-minded head coach and try to retain McAdoo for Eli's purposes.

So if Gase ends up in Philly, I'm not going to be all butt hurt over it.

Damn, Lovie Smith fired in Tampa. One more team competing for coach.

That's as puzzling a firing as I've seen. You're firing a coach after just 2 seasons, and after a season with a rookie QB, who showed a lot of growth as the season went on, with the team trending upwards. They went 6-10 with a rookie QB. I have no idea what the Bucs leadership is doing. Mr. Glazer may be getting a little senile. Unless this is GM Jason Licht's call. Personally I don't believe that Lovie is a fantastic coach. But to fire a guy now... after just two seasons in the beginning of an obvious rebuild... just doesn't communicate stability or patience at all. They've now gone through three coaches in the last seven seasons. This is not a good look and they aren't going to attract a premium candidate that way.

Moreover, you do this now, on Wednesday night... placing yourself behind all the other teams who are already interviewing candidates. Why not do this Sunday night or Monday? The Bucs are a mess right now.

And my point is they shouldn't.... it shows lack of professionalism. Meaning the person just lifts weights without proper stretching after the workout and in general... So if you're saying there are athletes on other teams who don't do what they're supposed to do, we're in agreement.

Other players sustain them on impact plays with guys powering through their tackles. Beatty sustained his lifting weights, with a trainer. That is absurd.

That's as puzzling a firing as I've seen. You're firing a coach after just 2 seasons, and after a season with a rookie QB, who showed a lot of growth as the season went on, with the team trending upwards. They went 6-10 with a rookie QB. I have no idea what the Bucs leadership is doing. Mr. Glazer may be getting a little senile. Unless this is GM Jason Licht's call. Personally I don't believe that Lovie is a fantastic coach. But to fire a guy now... after just two seasons in the beginning of an obvious rebuild... just doesn't communicate stability or patience at all. They've now gone through three coaches in the last seven seasons. This is not a good look and they aren't going to attract a premium candidate that way.

Moreover, you do this now, on Wednesday night... placing yourself behind all the other teams who are already interviewing candidates. Why not do this Sunday night or Monday? The Bucs are a mess right now.

One could argue the Bucs have been a mess for a while now. Teams like the Browns and Buccaneers aren't competition for the Giants head coaching search anyway. Just about any good available coach will be waiting for the Giants search to end. The desperate coaches will get those other jobs.