SportsWrath

Nicked

Bigblue25

look like will have to watch another season of Eli throwing 20+ picks . Stone hand Cruz Smh

i've been saying he's a goner since cruz got his contract. they were never going to pay both of them

and Randle running wrong routes.

unfortunately there aren't any other #1 wr options out there this offseason unless you want to count decker. most teams give their #1 wr contract extensions

This... Jesus...46 years of watching Giants football and we never had a receiver like Nicks hands down...rush him back from an injury...fuck him up some more...give the slot guy priority ...and here you have it. Hope he gets all the money he can somewhere else. These guys have a limited shelf life and the Giants cynically and wrongfully had this guy obviously play on injuries that needed rest more than anything else.

i've been saying he's a goner since cruz got his contract. they were never going to pay both of them

I know you have, and I also know you're a fan of his. I just had to take the opportunity to use 'Herculian community' in a post.

Personally, I think it's awfully early in the offseason for this to be out there already. There is a possibility the Giants make him some kind of offer, and as you've pointed out, there's not much out there in free agency. Plus, who knows what McAdoo wants to do. There's too many variables to write off Nicks just yet.

I'll count Nicks as gone when he signs elsewhere, he is definitely worth a 1 year contract and it really is the best option for him and the team. If Nicks does sign elsewhere, I think it would be a mistake to go headhunting for another WR to take his place. We still have Cruz, Randle for 2 more seasons and Jernigan for 1. 2014 is a good year for Randle and Jernigan to step into the limelight.

Going back to Hakeem Nicks, an injury plagued 2012 season and a 2013 contract season really distracted Nicks. Nicks will bounce back and have a solid if not great 2014 season.

I'll count Nicks as gone when he signs elsewhere, he is definitely worth a 1 year contract and it really is the best option for him and the team.

The problem is... this WAS Nicks' "show me" season, and we got just under 900 yards and zero TDs out of him.

It's actually not horrible considering how crappy the line was, and I think that'll be his agent's line when he's shopping him around, but I don't think he's back this year.

The problem is... this WAS Nicks' "show me" season, and we got just under 900 yards and zero TDs out of him.

It's actually not horrible considering how crappy the line was, and I think that'll be his agent's line when he's shopping him around, but I don't think he's back this year.

Yeah this season definitely took him out of the $10 million per season contract. Nicks being back is entirely up to him because I doubt they'll offer more than a one year contract.

Yeah this season definitely took him out of the $10 million per season contract. Nicks being back is entirely up to him because I doubt they'll offer more than a one year contract.

After reading this stuff over the weekend, they might not make an offer at all....and if they do, It'll be a low ball job.

After reading this stuff over the weekend, they might not make an offer at all....and if they do, It'll be a low ball job.

Offer like 4 million and laden it with incentives that could earn him up to 8-10 million. In other words, "here's a reasonable offer based on your old self - and here's what you can still make if you return to your old self".

Offer like 4 million and laden it with incentives that could earn him up to 8-10 million. In other words, "here's a reasonable offer based on your old self - and here's what you can still make if you return to your old self".

The problem with that kind of deal is you need to leave enough cap room for him to max it out. It might save some cash but it won't help with signing other players.

The problem with that kind of deal is you need to leave enough cap room for him to max it out. It might save some cash but it won't help with signing other players.

Good point.

Quite frankly, I'm a little worried about our WR's once we jettison Nicks. Cruz is a given and will be double teamed until we prove there's a bigger threat elsewhere. Randle has shown flashes, but not sure he's the big threat that Nicks once was. Jernigan looks like he's going to be a decent slot receiver, but he's never going to take the pressure off of Cruz, not to mention Cruz is already our slot receiver.

And of course, if we draft a WR...it's a crap shoot as to when he'll be NFL ready. hence, my thought that we need Nicks for at least one more season if we can work out something that doesn't break the bank.

Consider how much shit we read about Osi Umenyiora over three years before the Giants gave him that pay raise. It certainly wasn't in the best interest of the organization to pay him more for the last season of his contract without an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if all the talk is getting out to keep the interest down. Didn't hear much of anything during the season.

Consider how much shit we read about Osi Umenyiora over three years before the Giants gave him that pay raise. It certainly wasn't in the best interest of the organization to pay him more for the last season of his contract without an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if all the talk is getting out to keep the interest down. Didn't hear much of anything during the season.

I mentioned earlier this is mainly to keep interest down... But it's not a lie either... Otherwise Nicks would have denied those claims.

I mentioned earlier this is mainly to keep interest down... But it's not a lie either... Otherwise Nicks would have denied those claims.

I highly doubt that.

Plax never went around denying any claims despite all the "talk" about how he was a cancer in the locker room, despite multiple claims even by Eli he was one of the hardest working players in the locker room.

When the Giant's are winning everything is fine, when there is a losing season someone needs to be the scape goat. Nicks is in the sights because he's on the way out.

denying those claims would require nicks to give interviews and seek out media attention which is not his MO

I'm sure he can spare 15 minutes from his busy schedule to do so... besides it's not like the Giants are in the business of making up stuff about players.

it's not about not having the time, it's about whether or not he wants to have this kind of spotlight on him where he's arguing with unnamed sources. he balked at positive spotlight when he was dominating and let cruz get all the attention, so it doesn't surprise me that he's saying nothing here either

it's not about not having the time, it's about whether or not he wants to have this kind of spotlight on him where he's arguing with unnamed sources. he balked at positive spotlight when he was dominating and let cruz get all the attention, so it doesn't surprise me that he's saying nothing here either

Cruz earned all the attention he received. One spectacular play after another.

I'm sure he can spare 15 minutes from his busy schedule to do so... besides it's not like the Giants are in the business of making up stuff about players.

If the league and teams didnt make players talk to the media, then I'm willing to bet 3/4 of the players out there wouldnt even want to be questioned by the media let alone look at them, mainly just the divas and attention seekers.

I know you have, and I also know you're a fan of his. I just had to take the opportunity to use 'Herculian community' in a post.

Personally, I think it's awfully early in the offseason for this to be out there already. There is a possibility the Giants make him some kind of offer, and as you've pointed out, there's not much out there in free agency. Plus, who knows what McAdoo wants to do. There's too many variables to write off Nicks just yet.

With those hands, all he needs is some confidence and he's the next Boldin.