SportsWrath

NFL Network A Football Life, The Barber Brothers

JMFP

yeah, really brought back how much fun to watch he was those last few years. Why he had to go full douche I'll never understand....

I still dont understand what he did wrong exactly to piss of the fan base so much.

Maybe announcing his retirement in the middle of the season, but at the end of the day he still got us to the playoffs.

and some revisionist history in there about the Giants not signing Ronde... it was depicted like Ronde wasn't a top player when he was a free agent, but man, I knew back then how good he was... lots of people did.

Shame that didn't happen... Barber blames Sehorn, sounded bitter about it too.

Anybody catch Tiki on NFL AM shitting all over Brandon Jacobs? He also got a little prickly with Jim Fassel - to his face, credited Sean Payton with the team going to the Super Bowl in 2000.

I still dont understand what he did wrong exactly to piss of the fan base so much.

Maybe announcing his retirement in the middle of the season, but at the end of the day he still got us to the playoffs.

He's a back biter. Remember him crapping on Eli as soon as he went into the media? I get why... but it sure wasn't going to endear him to Giants fans, especially after the team turned around and won a championship, basically proving Tiki to be full of shit.

And it appears he's turned into a sad, bitter little man.

He's a back biter. Remember him crapping on Eli as soon as he went into the media? I get why... but it sure wasn't going to endear him to Giants fans, especially after the team turned around and won a championship, basically proving Tiki to be full of shit.

And it appears he's turned into a sad, bitter little man.

The thing is though, he never really said anything wrong at the time.

Eli isnt a leader, it's painfully obvious even to this day. He's a captain, he can be used as an example for teammates as a guy who just shows up and plays everyday, but Eli isnt a leader.

His remarks about Coughlin once again were right at the time, Coughlin by all reports was a gians asshole and overbearing coach who until that 2007 had to change his ways.

Eli isnt a leader, it's painfully obvious even to this day. He's a captain, he can be used as an example for teammates as a guy who just shows up and plays everyday, but Eli isnt a leader.

His remarks about Coughlin once again were right at the time, Coughlin by all reports was a gians asshole and overbearing coach who until that 2007 had to change his ways.

Just because it wasn't inaccurate doesn't mean it was the right thing to come out an say, especially to promote his own career as a media personality.

Just because it wasn't inaccurate doesn't mean it was the right thing to come out an say, especially to promote his own career as a media personality.

Agreed...just because you're in a position that makes it possible for you to spout off about this or that does not mean that you should do so. His comments were in no way constructive if I remember correctly. He just came off as a malcontent, holier than thou kind of guy...as if he was the only reason for any success the team had and the world should've revolved more around him than anyone else. Tiki also failed (and fails) to recognize Coughlin for fixing his fumbling problem and making him the back he became at the end of his career...and I think that rubs fans the wrong way too. As well spoken as he is, humility is something that one Tiki Barber seems to lack in a big, big way that which would go a long way towards reestablishing his fan base.

Perhaps it was correct.... but it was also classless.

Agreed...just because you're in a position that makes it possible for you to spout off about this or that does not mean that you should do so. His comments were in no way constructive if I remember correctly. He just came off as a malcontent, holier than thou kind of guy...as if he was the only reason for any success the team had and the world should've revolved more around him than anyone else. Tiki also failed (and fails) to recognize Coughlin for fixing his fumbling problem and making him the back he became at the end of his career...and I think that rubs fans the wrong way too. As well spoken as he is, humility is something that one Tiki Barber seems to lack in a big, big way that which would go a long way towards reestablishing his fan base.

Perhaps it was correct.... but it was also classless.

Both of these.

Also, the fact that he cheated on his wife while she was pregnant, then brought his intern girlfriend to the hospital for the birth of his twins demonstrates what kind of guy Tiki is.

Both of these.

Also, the fact that he cheated on his wife while she was pregnant, then brought his intern girlfriend to the hospital for the birth of his twins demonstrates what kind of guy Tiki is.

I had forgotten about that. Makes him an epic douche.

I haven't seen the show yet....but A tell tale sign about who Tiki was and is....would be....how big a list...other then Cormella ...of former teammates that have anything good to say about the guy?

Did anyone back him up or defend him on the program?

C. Wagon

Antonio Pierce had a bunch kind words for Tiki

he always struck me as a phony even before the retirement thing.

calling out strahan during his holdout was a major dick move

he made a monday night football game all about him trying to setup a post-football career in the middle of a season.

he was a great giant and i like him for that, he just never struck me as the type of person i'd want to be acquainted with

I shook Tiki's hand in Mid Manhattan one day, so he's the coolest guy ever.

Anyway, when it gets down to it, they all say stupid shit. Strahan was just as bad, Antonio Pierce who was interviewed said stupid shit. People hated Shockey because he looked like a stupid shit. Plaxico did stupid shit and then shot himself. Today guys like Rolle and JPP maintain these levels of Stupid shittyness in today's locker room. Next year we'll draft another dope who won't be able to keep his mouth shut.

At the end of the day, since LT, it's hard to name a Giant since who at his peak performed better. For years, he was the offense. I got no issue with the guy.

It was telling that no one except Antonio Pierce was there to talk about Tiki, and he pretty much bagged him.

I loved Tiki's explanation of how he got his focus on football by working on other things, like developing a media career. :ermm:

I too love Tiki the player but I wish I knew nothing about Tiki the delusional douche.

It was telling that no one except Antonio Pierce was there to talk about Tiki, and he pretty much bagged him.

I loved Tiki's explanation of how he got his focus on football by working on other things, like developing a media career. :ermm:

I too love Tiki the player but I wish I knew nothing about Tiki the delusional douche.

This.

I haven't seen the show yet....but A tell tale sign about who Tiki was and is....would be....how big a list...other then Cormella ...of former teammates that have anything good to say about the guy?

Did anyone back him up or defend him on the program?

C. Wagon

You have to watch it for yourself.....pretty much reinforces everything his critics have said concerning his personality.

For what it's worth, he stands behind his words, which are admirable. Very honest dude.....honestly a douche, but still, honest.

As others have said, though....tremendous running back, and I loved watching him play. Smart, excellent field vision, and had pitch-perfect understanding of the flow of a play.