SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs to Follow Gillbride.

Lughead

Really wish he could've lasted longer but once defenders realized they couldn't tackle him high the lower body injuries piled up. Thank you for the memories and helping us get these last 2 rings Jacobs. I'll always remember watching him walk around MetLife letting the fans touch the Lombardi after SB46.

People that didn't like him have short memories. Remember how you felt when Ron Dayne lined up in the backfield on third-and-one?

Jacobs wasn't much better. He even lost the short yardage role at one point because he failed so many times. Strangely, his last stint here, this year, was the best I saw him run. He seemed to finally get a slight wiggle and show a little vision without losing his straight ahead power. Before, he either ran hard into brick walls for little or no gain or try to change direction and bounce it outside, usually losing yardage.

Jacobs wasn't much better. He even lost the short yardage role at one point because he failed so many times. Strangely, his last stint here, this year, was the best I saw him run. He seemed to finally get a slight wiggle and show a little vision without losing his straight ahead power. Before, he either ran hard into brick walls for little or no gain or try to change direction and bounce it outside, usually losing yardage.

You're crazy... He was a beast.

as a blocker, picking up the blitz, I agree.

Yeah I mean he only averaged 5 yards a carry three of the four seasons he was a starter and has the most rushing touchdowns in NY Giant history.

Not to mention he finished his career with a better first down percentage then Adrian Peterson.

According to ProFootballFocus.com, "Jacobs has converted 70.8 percent (17 of 24) of his opportunities in that situation — 2 yards to go or fewer — and 61.5 percent (8 of 13) in the red zone."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/28/sports/football/brandon-jacobs-hopes-his-power-comes-into-play.html

But yeah couldn't get it done in short yardage situation.

Yeah I mean he only averaged 5 yards a carry three of the four seasons he was a starter and has the most rushing touchdowns in NY Giant history.

Not to mention he finished his career with a better first down percentage then Adrian Peterson.

According to ProFootballFocus.com, "[/size]Jacobs has converted 70.8 percent (17 of 24) of his opportunities in that situation — 2 yards to go or fewer — and 61.5 percent (8 of 13) in the red zone."[/size]

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/28/sports/football/brandon-jacobs-hopes-his-power-comes-into-play.html

But yeah couldn't get it done in short yardage situation.

Jacobs had a hard time later in his career with this as injuries piled up and he began running more tentatively. But in the Tiki Barber/Madison Hedgecock era, the guy was unstoppable. I don't know how many times Tiki or Jeremy Droppy would take the ball to the one and Jacobs would have to punch it in... and he always did. I remember runs from the two where a linebacker or safety would have a clear shot at him and whiff because they didn't want to get their bell rung. Dude was a flat-out beast until year 5 or so.

Jacobs had a hard time later in his career with this as injuries piled up and he began running more tentatively. But in the Tiki Barber/Madison Hedgecock era, the guy was unstoppable. I don't know how many times Tiki or Jeremy Droppy would take the ball to the one and Jacobs would have to punch it in... and he always did. I remember runs from the two where a linebacker or safety would have a clear shot at him and whiff because they didn't want to get their bell rung. Dude was a flat-out beast until year 5 or so.

Yeah he slowed down later in his career, but for a guy who ran that hard and didn't avoid contact but looked for it, I'm surprised he made it to year nine of his career. Without Jacobs we wouldn't have no "miracle victory" against the Pats in SB 42.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8264992e/Super-Bowl-XLII-highlights

4:36 in the video. Jacobs picks up a 4th and 1 after being contacted in the backfield.

His very first TD run he went in straight up, stopped after crossing the goal line and posed. The guy was a fucking beast until everybody in the league started hitting him in the legs. In 50 years, instead of having a bunch of punch drunk retired players, we're going to have players being inducted into the HOF in wheelchairs.