SportsWrath

Couple Things.....

Iceman_NYG

Beason needs to be locked in medium term asap

Will Hill is a diamond we found in the coal mine. With the other safety coming back from injury next year....these 2 along with Rolle could be an awesome threesome

Everytime Eli throws to Randle for some reason it gets INTed

Beatty needs to be strapped to a chair and beaten across the face with a lead pipe

Rolle, if left to play safety and safety alone, is a huge benefit to this team. He should be here next year, though they may have him restructure/extend to lighten his cap hit. When Rolle is asked to fill in as a 3rd CB is when he struggles a bit.

Randel has played very well this season and is certainly a nice safety valve in the upcoming Nicks contract negotiations. I'm kinda thinking that if Nicks isn't locked down before the draft, he's gone. At least that's how I'd handle it. I'd go OL, WR in the first two rounds. If Nicks truly wants to stay, he'll get the contract knocked out by the draft. If he is wavering and wants to test free agency, then by all means...there's the door.

Overall Reuben Randle has played well this season and made a lot of nice catches. He's been a positive this year.

He looks like a better version of Manningham. He makes a very good 3rd WR but in no way can be he a #1 imho.

Rolle, if left to play safety and safety alone, is a huge benefit to this team. He should be here next year, though they may have him restructure/extend to lighten his cap hit. When Rolle is asked to fill in as a 3rd CB is when he struggles a bit.

Randel has played very well this season and is certainly a nice safety valve in the upcoming Nicks contract negotiations. I'm kinda thinking that if Nicks isn't locked down before the draft, he's gone. At least that's how I'd handle it. I'd go OL, WR in the first two rounds. If Nicks truly wants to stay, he'll get the contract knocked out by the draft. If he is wavering and wants to test free agency, then by all means...there's the door.

Rolle's cap hit is huge... and if we have Will Hill & Stevie Brown I can see where the Giants can part ways with him... unless he agrees to a pay cut. He got schooled by that rookie from Dallas on the final drive which ultimately killed our season.

He looks like a better version of Manningham. He makes a very good 3rd WR but in no way can be he a #1 imho.

Rolle's cap hit is huge... and if we have Will Hill & Stevie Brown I can see where the Giants can part ways with him... unless he agrees to a pay cut. He got schooled by that rookie from Dallas on the final drive which ultimately killed our season.

I think Randel would be the #2 with Cruz being the #1...if Cruz is getting doubled now, that tells me he's a #1 WR. I'd be fine going with Randel and Cruz next year, despite the upside to having Nicks. Having all 3 is a luxury that I'm not so sure we can afford.

Rolle's cap hit is huge and similar to the WR group, having the 3 we have is a luxury. The difference there is, that we only have 1 of 3 making top safety money whereas with the WRs, we'd have 2 of 3 (assuming Nicks is resigned). Given the cap hit, I think it'd be wise to look to restructuring/extending. I'd say the same for Eli.

Agree that Rolle's cap hit will factor into the equation.....but it's unfair to judge him as a corner, which he's been pressed into playing due to injuries. When he can just play safety, he's still a very good player.

Which rookie from Dallas you talking about? Bryant?

And Randle will at least be a solid # 2 receiver, if not with us, then somewhere else. The kid is going to get paid one day.

Agree that Rolle's cap hit will factor into the equation.....but it's unfair to judge him as a corner, which he's been pressed into playing due to injuries. When he can just play safety, he's still a very good player.

The way I see it, if you're making that much money you should be able to do both jobs.. I don't see the positions as entirely different... although CB is the harder part.. .so why are we paying him that much again? I want a team made up of blue-collar guys who come up big when the tough gets going.. not talk show hosts.

Which rookie from Dallas you talking about? Bryant?

And Randle will at least be a solid # 2 receiver, if not with us, then somewhere else. The kid is going to get paid one day.

I don't know his name.. but Rolle was schooled on probably the 3rd to last play of that game..

The way I see it, if you're making that much money you should be able to do both jobs.. I don't see the positions as entirely different... although CB is the harder part.. .so why are we paying him that much again? I want a team made up of blue-collar guys who come up big when the tough gets going.. not talk show hosts.

man Nas, you have high expectations. As a cover corner, he's approaching average... which for a good safety, is pretty damn good. There are only a handful of players in the league as versatile as Rolle.

Although I do agree that Rolle probably isn't quite worth his cap number. But he's worth a lot.

man Nas, you have high expectations. As a cover corner, he's approaching average... which for a good safety, is pretty damn good. There are only a handful of players in the league as versatile as Rolle.

Although I do agree that Rolle probably isn't quite worth his cap number. But he's worth a lot.

I do accounting all day... I argue for raises for those who work hard and god knows I can't stand those who earn way more than they're worth.. Rolle, imo, is a Nissan getting paid for BMW performance... same with Baas.

I do accounting all day... I argue for raises for those who work hard and god knows I can't stand those who earn way more than they're worth.. Rolle, imo, is a Nissan getting paid for BMW performance... same with Baas.

I'd say he's a BMW getting paid for Porsche performance.

I think you and others may have an inflated opinion of him... has he made the pro bowl recently and I didn't know?

Not so sure the pro bowl is a valid indicator of success anymore...

Bottom line, Rolle is valuable in his versatility in the same way that Diehl was on the offensive line for many years. They both have their natural positions at which they are most successful, but filled in at an above average level at other positions when called upon. For that alone, both were rewarded financially with longer term deals. While Diehl's ability has dropped off, Rolle still has another year, maybe 3, left in him in my opinion, but you can see that his flexibility to play CB is waning and his contract should decrease because of it. But having said that, he's not nearly as bad as some think he is.