SportsWrath

What's the story with Nicks?

JMFP

One of two things, I think.

Could be he's checked out in a contract year and is already looking to leave.

Could also be, it's injury related. Either the previous injury has taken a step from him and he can no longer get separation or he's reaggravated the previous injury and hasn't admitted to it.

Either way, he's destroying his contract offer from the Giants. I don't foresee him coming back next year at this point, unless he takes a much lower salary than I anticipate him being offered elsewhere.

How many times have we heard it said that it really takes two years to come back from an injury? You can play without pain the first year but it takes another year for the burst to return. But this actually could work out in the Giants best interest, at least for next year. No way Nicks gets his big multi-year contract after this season, so maybe it's in his best interest AND the Giants best interest for him to sign a one year deal. He gets an opportunity to re-establish his value and the Giants get him at an affordable price and have a year to assess whether they want to take a long term plunge. Remember, he's still only 25 years old! Younger than Cruz!

Yeah I don't see the criticism with Nicks.

It's not like he's T.O in the locker room screaming about how is isnt getting targeted, and he still goes and plays well. Like Gman said he's only 25 and has a lot of years of football ahead of him, maybe he's still hurting from that injury plagued season last year, shit he still could be suffering from having that one Tampa Bay defender landing full speed on his ankle/foot.

Nicks was never a WR to burn past players with his speed like Cruz, he's always been the WR who you can throw into press coverage and he will win the battle and out physical the DB for the ball. This year could be a combination of Eli playing like a rookie at times plus still having the defenses best CB play off of him. Either way, he still goes out and catches the ball and gives us a chance to win.

The big question comes in the offseason, does he think he's worth more then he is? Does he decide to take a smaller pay check to stay here and try to bounce back with the Giants, personally I hope he does because having Nicks/Cruz/Randle is just a blessing for Eli.

Either way I'd like to see him stay in Blue, but who knows maybe some team forks over millions upon millions for him *cough* Oakland

Or he's just fucking frustrated at playing 45 snaps and getting 2 targets? Unless you're watching the coaches film you can't judge his effort or separation.

Correct we're not watching coach's tape.. but the shots we saw.. even the ones he caught there was little to no separation.

Regardless the reasons he is drastically taking a hit on this contract year. True teams evaluating him will go through the tapes and watch all of his plays and break down his routes and how often he is open and not passed to... but gaudy numbers always equal a bigger contract.

Maybe it is that Eli has lost confidence in him? Eli is struggling this year and seems to been scaling back his chance taking the past couple of weeks and that means more action for Cruz across the middle and a shit ton of check downs to TE/FB/HB...

I will be shocked if he is a Giant next season, I also see him being a steal in the FA market for some team, hopefullly not in the NFC East.

Regardless the reasons he is drastically taking a hit on this contract year. True teams evaluating him will go through the tapes and watch all of his plays and break down his routes and how often he is open and not passed to... but gaudy numbers always equal a bigger contract.

Maybe it is that Eli has lost confidence in him? Eli is struggling this year and seems to been scaling back his chance taking the past couple of weeks and that means more action for Cruz across the middle and a shit ton of check downs to TE/FB/HB...

I will be shocked if he is a Giant next season, I also see him being a steal in the FA market for some team, hopefullly not in the NFC East.

I don't think Reese should be losing sleep over this... Nicks has the potential to be great.. just like JPP.. it all comes down to whether he wants to show up. Not being happy with his contract is not excuse not to play your ass off... and actually earn your big payday... That's what Cruz did... the guy played for street money as a UDFA.

they're not signing him next year, they've already made up their minds. it's why they are sending randle and cruz on the routes he used to run and it's why they are letting randle cut into his targets. it's the right way to go if you aren't going to bring him back next year

I don't see him back now, Randle is playing well enough to settle in as a number 2 for at least the next 2 years, but what is killing Nicks this year is that fact that after getting his big contract, Cruz is having a very good season and easing people's mind about giving him all the cash and could he be a number one receiver. Fact is, right now he is.

Giants need to make other decisions, Wilson's future is now a bigger issue, we need to look at making a decision at tight end.

I'm just glad I didn't decide to plonk down on a Nicks Jersey.

I don't see him back now, Randle is playing well enough to settle in as a number 2 for at least the next 2 years, but what is killing Nicks this year is that fact that after getting his big contract, Cruz is having a very good season and easing people's mind about giving him all the cash and could he be a number one receiver. Fact is, right now he is.

Giants need to make other decisions, Wilson's future is now a bigger issue, we need to look at making a decision at tight end.

I'm just glad I didn't decide to plonk down on a Nicks Jersey.

I'd like to believe Nicks is going thru some kind of a slump... my hope is he breaks out against the Cowboys and spark the offense into the post season... that can be wishful thinking on my part of course. Truth is the offense is very different when Nicks is producing like we know he's capable of.