SportsWrath

What's the story with Nicks?

JMFP

Nicks has proven this season that he should not be an offseason priority. Any money that is not spent on the offensive line is a wasted priority, in my opinion.

Yep.. what's the point of having a potential superstar who can't get on the field and when he does it's like he's not there.

you sound mad

gg doesn't spout nonsense all year, i can live with disagreeing with one thing he doesn't constantly repeat every day

Aside from your obsession with Nicks I don't where else there's a problem ... Why does my stance on Nicks annoys you is beyond me... I believe Anquan Boldin is a free agent next year... Basically twice the production for half the price.

Aside from your obsession with Nicks I don't where else there's a problem ... Why does my stance on Nicks annoys you is beyond me... I believe Anquan Boldin is a free agent next year... Basically twice the production for half the price.

And he comes with a senior citizen discount.

i like players who have played well for my favorite team and deliver superbowls.

i like players who produced year in and year out and put up one of the greatest wr postseasons of all time while keeping their heads down and not demanding recognition for it.

i appreciate when my team delivers and the players who play a key role in said deliveries.

i'm not a spoiled brat who gets mad at players who get injured or fabricate bullshit allegations that i can't prove like lazy play or lack of separation while ignoring the fact that the entire fucking passing offense has sucked all season.

you know his real last name IS nicks right? it wasn't Nissenbaum and he didn't change it to maintain his cover as an Israeli Mossad agent

Smh and I'm the one who's mad? Lmao

Now here's how I see this... You I disagree on Nicks... You seem to think he's one if the greatest receivers to have ever played the game and I don't think greatness is achieved in one or 2 seasons. Any reasonable person would say ok... 2 fans 2 different points of view ... So why is it you're taking shots at me personally and bring the P&R section into this? Are so thin skinned you can't accept that I disagree with you?

And many other fans on here don't share your crush on Nicks but you don't bark at them like you do at me.. You come off like an internet bully and a crybaby.

Enjoy your man-crush for Nicks. I and many others don't think he's been all that.

the difference between you and most posters who aren't happy with nicks this season is that they aren't being completely irrational about it and acting like he's never done anything here (like you know, delivering a superbowl). they aren't running from thread to thread spouting out bullshit about him being lazy, not being able to gain separation, never doing anything while here, being "unfulfilled potential" and other unsubstantiated claims every day for over a year

i am not arguing with people who don't want to resign him. i happen to agree that it isn't a good idea. the giants had a choice between him and cruz and they chose cruz. i didn't agree with that decision but that decision has been made and the smart move now is to not tie up so much cap into two wr's when we have holes elsewhere. those resources are better served rebuilding the offensive line and shoring up the secondary.

this isn't about a mancrush or just about nicks. you have turned on a shitload of giants who had major roles in both superbowls: osi, jpp, and others. there are NO SUPERBOWLS without these guys. it's one thing to be unhappy with their current play, it's another thing to repeatedly say that they were never good and never did anything for us. it's tiring and it's a serious challenge to sit here and roll my eyes at your posts and move on day after day for a decade. i don't know how the P&R guys have the energy to engage you every day

You're making up shit about me. I never said he was never good. Find me where I said he was never good. And even if that lie is somehow proven true, guess fucking what? It's my fucking opinion and I'm fucking entitled to it now please find me where I said he was never good. Thanks.

Secondly no one said the Giant chose Cruz over Nicks. Last I checked both are still on the team and Cruz's contract was up... He was rewarded for his effort. Nicks had one more year and he's shitting the bed. That's another thing right there ... You assume to know what the FO plans are... You don't.

You think I don't want Nicks to succeed? Shit I think he's a major reason we're talking draft instead of playoffs.

Just because Nicks seemingly mailed it in this year, doesn't mean he was never NOT good for us. I mean shit man, the guy was unstoppable for us in the playoffs in 2011. Completely took over the Falcons, Packers and to a certain extent the Patriots.

Maybe it's all the lower extremity injuries that have taken it's toll on him, I don't know.

I think Nas and Herc need to do some yoga and hug it out.

Just because Nicks seemingly mailed it in this year, doesn't mean he was never NOT good for us. I mean shit man, the guy was unstoppable for us in the playoffs in 2011. Completely took over the Falcons, Packers and to a certain extent the Patriots.

Maybe it's all the lower extremity injuries that have taken it's toll on him, I don't know.

That's all I've been saying. Nicks was a fucking beast in 2011... Now what? Cruz earned his contract and this guy seems to have nailed it in.

As far as Herc, he just needs to accept we all have our own brains and opinions ...

I think the Giants should make a fair offer, and if he walks, pick up the 2015 compensatory pick and move on.

In no way should they overpay for a guy who misses critical games every season, especially since they need huge help on the offensive line and could use another upgrade at linebacker.

They need to 2 draft offensive lineman, plus sign a really good free agent lineman.....not sure what the market for Centers will be next year, but I'd grade that as more important than Nicks, especially if they can get a Pro-Bowl caliber guy to line up in front of Eli.

Cordle has been okay, but they need better than OK......down the road, the same goes for BeatMe.

I think the Giants should make a fair offer, and if he walks, pick up the 2015 compensatory pick and move on.

In no way should they overpay for a guy who misses critical games every season, especially since they need huge help on the offensive line and could use another upgrade at linebacker.

They need to 2 draft offensive lineman, plus sign a really good free agent lineman.....not sure what the market for Centers will be next year, but I'd grade that as more important than Nicks, especially if they can get a Pro-Bowl caliber guy to line up in front of Eli.

Cordle has been okay, but they need better than OK......down the road, the same goes for BeatMe.

Anquan Boldin is a free agent and that's who I want.

LOL. No.

Anyways, Sunday was the 1st critical game Nicks has missed in his career. Gimme a break guys.

Nicks for whatever reason hasn't shown up this season... We, fans, had very high hopes for him this season.... If he's half the player he was in his rookie year, we wouldn't be looking forward to the draft... Just look at his body language out there... No doubt in my mind he's mailed it in... Seems he was upset Cruz was paid... While all along everyone knew he was our #1... Then he decides his heart is not in it? At least that's my impression of him this season. His work ethic sucks and quite frankly it tanked our season...

lol yeah cruz looked like a great number 1 sunday

Nicks and Cruz compliment each other... Nicks wouldn't shine because he drew double teams... which made Cruz shine. Which is why I was furious Nicks didn't play Sunday... a one legged Nicks (who wants to play... remember Plax?) is better than a healthy Jernigan any day. Cruz drew double teams Sunday.. that's all the cowboys needed to worry about... who else was a threat? and don't even get me started about this waste of a TE we got from Oakland.

nicks shined in 2010 (2nd season and before cruz got here) and in 2011 despite double teams. why do you keep saying otherwise? the stats are right there.

meanwhile cruz's production fell off 33% in 2012 without a healthy nicks on the other side. he's still a very good wr but there's a pretty big sample size that suggests that he falls off from all-world to very good when he doesn't have an x-receiver drawing extra attention away from him. it won't be as bad as it was on sunday because our line and qb are both bad this year but he isn't the same player as he was in 2011 either when somebody isn't drawing extra attention away from him.

now randle, despite some mental lapses, is looking like he will be a very viable x-wr for us, so i don't think we have anything to worry about if we wisely (and most likely) don't pay nicks' price, but that would make randle the #1. cruz is more suited as a #2 slot guy and that's why he got 40 mil and not mike wallace money.

as far as why nicks' didn't play sunday, i think your beef is with coughlin:

Tue, Nov 26

Coach Tom Coughlin does not yet know if Hakeem Nicks (abdominal) will be able to play in Sunday's game against the Redskins.

Advice: Nicks expected to play last week after practicing on limited basis Thursday/Friday, but Coughlin chose to hold him out. "You asked me the question late in the week, and I answered: 'What would be the issue? Speed. He probably can't be full speed,'" Coughlin said Monday.

nicks played while badly hurt for most of last season despite entering a contract year. but now he'd pull himself out of a game during his contract year and sitting on 0 touchdowns? i don't think your characterization of him is fair

Coughlin? I don't think highly of him at all... I think he's a jerk... he's a control freak who doesn't treat his players with respect.. what happened Sunday was an extension of what started in the off-season when Nicks failed to show for the voluntary workouts... I was shaking my head seeing his antics during the game... but Nicks isn't helping either... he told the team he had some kind of a groin injury and was advised by his agent to get it checked out... I think both are to blame.. a coach who shows no respect and a player whose work ethic is dismal.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/11/hakeem_nicks_situation_is_nothing_more_than_an_abdominal_injury_truth_or_drivel.html

that could very well be true and i don't disagree with you on coughlin, but i don't think it makes any sense that a player in a contract year with 0 TDs and a history of playing hurt and understating his own injuries would not play if he were physically able to.

unrelated note: looks like our old friend carbo is up to his old tricks trolling NJ.com