SportsWrath

Remaining Schedule...your prediction

gmenroc

So, I know we're all down and we're all pretty negative on the remainder of the season...myself included. And, there are some here that are trying to instill some positivity to counter it all. However, in looking at our remaining schedule, considering how those teams have performed vs. how we've performed, it's difficult to remain hopeful.

So, we're 0-3 with the following to deal with:

9/29 @ Kansas City (3-0) -- we lose. It's an away game against a coach who's extremely familiar with our team. KC has a defense that's ranked 2nd in the league in points allowed, tied for 1st in league in turnover ratio at +9, they lead the league in sacks with 15, while the Giants are tied for 2nd in giving up sacks at 11...I could go on.

10/6 Philadelphia (1-2) -- we win. Every game I've ever attended in person, the Giants have won. I'll be there. Philadelphia is not that dominant and I think their uptempo scheme will bite them eventually. If you read on, you'll see that I have us splitting with Philadelphia. Neither team is any good.

10/10 @ Chicago (3-0) -- we lose. Bears are keeping teams under 90 yards/game. Look for that to improve after playing us. While their passing defense gives up yards, just shy of 300/game, they're tied for 2nd in the league with 5 interceptions in 3 games. Again, given our lack of offensive line and Eli's propensity to heave it up and pray...the Bears will have ample opportunity. On the flip side, our defense can't stop the run and Forte is a beast. Time of possession will be heavily in Chicago's favor. Oh, and if the talent level isn't enough, it's a Thursday night game...we get Chicago on a short week, IN CHICAGO.

10/21 Minnesota (0-3) -- we lose. A mobile QB AND a dominant RB. I'd put the over/under on possessions our offense has at 8.5. Minnesota could EASILY dominate time of possession and keep the ball out of Eli's hands. Beyond that, Minnesota leads the NFC with 6 interceptions. We can't run the ball and Minnesota is good at picking it off. Doesn't bode well for us.

10/27 @ Philadelphia (1-2) -- we lose. I have us beating Philly at home and losing away. Again, Philly has the playmakers to kill us, but their scheme is simply not suited for the NFL. Their defense is less than stellar which makes the two games close.

So, this takes us to the bye week at 1-7.

11/10 Oakland (1-2 after they get pounded by Denver tonight) -- we win. About the only thing they have going for them at this point is a running QB and Darren McFadden. Both could cause us issues, but for one week, I think we get enough points out of our passing game to pull a win. It's still far closer a game than it ever should be, but Oakland has a rush defense that's currently top 10, but that gets exploited after we open up the passing game.

11/17 Green Bay (1-2) -- we lose. Green Bay's defense is nothing to speak of, but there's not a fireball's chance in Lambeau Field in winter we outscore Green Bay.

11/24 Dallas (2-1) -- we lose. We should've lost the first game, badly. We handed them the game repeatedly. Even over the next two games, Dallas has shown improvement. If we continue to make mistakes, which we've shown we're going to do, this game is not nearly as close.

That's 2-9 if you're keeping track.

12/1 & 12/29 @ Washington & Washington (0-3) -- we split. They have enough balance on offense to keep our shitty defense guessing all game. Between RG3 and Morris, we can't stop them from a 200 yard rushing day and the play action pass kills our secondary. Our offense is completely 1 dimensional but they've got the NFC's worst defense, which gets us one of two.

12/8 @ San Diego (1-2) -- we lose. They have the 2nd best scoring offense behind Denver...and Denver lit us up. SD is 9th rushing in AFC and 6th passing, showing a balance that will destroy us. It'll be close and a mistake here or there could swing it in our favor. SD is -3 on turnovers where the Giants are -9.

That's 3-11 at this point...maybe 4-10 if we beat SD.

12/15 Seattle (3-0) -- we lose. Please forgive me, but Seattle is among the best teams in the league on offense and defense. 16th in passing ypg and 8th in rushing ypg. They also lead the league with +6 turnover ratio.

12/22 Detroit (2-1) -- we lose. They can and will pass all day on us. I'm sure Stafford will break some record by this point in the season...on our secondary. They are +3 on turnovers as well, 12 better than us. Oh, and we can't run the ball to keep it out of their hands to eat clock, so yeah, we lose.

That's 3-13 or 4-12 to wrap up the season. If I were looking at this after week 1, I'd say it's a bit premature and it's a long season. Even after week 2, if games were close, you could argue against a poor season. But 3 games in, with no real change in our running game, our defensive failures, and our lack of pass protection...establishes a recurring problem that's yet to be fixed. Can they turn it around, I don't know. I don't believe so, but I've been wrong before.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but to make me feel any better, someone's going to have to figure out, based on what we've seen thus far, how any of these games go our way.

I did the same exercise this morning ( whilst feeling very negative ).....and came to 4-12

As the day has progressed I feel more like 6-10 based on 2 things

1) Eli threw for 400+ yards against Dallas .....with 3 receivers over 100 yards ( we must therefore have some Offense surely ! )

2) For nearly 3 Quarters against Denver ( a very good team indeed ) .....we matched them 16-17 .....at that point.

The season is lost .......barring a miracle 8-8 winning of the NFC Least ......but we aint going 0-16

vs Chefs - we win. Yeah, you heard it here first. Everything in the world is going against us so we're winning this one.

Eagles - win again. The Eagles are finishing around 7-9 this year. College coaches suck.

Bears - we get fucking killed in a totally non competitive game.

Vikes - we win. They suck worse than we do, if you can believe that.

Eagles - win. The slide is on in Philly, and we're at the halfway point. We're 4-4, season saved, right?

Raiders - win. It's the Raiders. We're 5-4! Playoffs, baby!

Packers - lose. Revenge time for the Pack since we killed them in the playoffs two years ago.

Cowboys - win. We might suck, but so do they, and we're not turning the ball over 6 times again.

Redskins - lose. We help them get back on track with their season in the pathetic NFC East. Hey, does 6-6 sound familair?

Chargers - lose. The Chargers are actually going to be decent this season.

Seahawks - lose. Oh yeah, turns out we do suck, doesn't it?

Lions - SURPRISE! We win.

Redskins - win.

8-8 doesn't win the division though, so we watch the playoffs from home AND lose the chance at a top-10 pick. Plus, we're saddled with Killdrive and Gruel for another year.

vs Chefs - we win. Yeah, you heard it here first. Everything in the world is going against us so we're winning this one.

Eagles - win again. The Eagles are finishing around 7-9 this year. College coaches suck.

Bears - we get fucking killed in a totally non competitive game.

Vikes - we win. They suck worse than we do, if you can believe that.

Eagles - win. The slide is on in Philly, and we're at the halfway point. We're 4-4, season saved, right?

Raiders - win. It's the Raiders. We're 5-4! Playoffs, baby!

Packers - lose. Revenge time for the Pack since we killed them in the playoffs two years ago.

Cowboys - win. We might suck, but so do they, and we're not turning the ball over 6 times again.

Redskins - lose. We help them get back on track with their season in the pathetic NFC East. Hey, does 6-6 sound familair?

Chargers - lose. The Chargers are actually going to be decent this season.

Seahawks - lose. Oh yeah, turns out we do suck, doesn't it?

Lions - SURPRISE! We win.

Redskins - win.

8-8 doesn't win the division though, so we watch the playoffs from home AND lose the chance at a top-10 pick. Plus, we're saddled with Killdrive and Gruel for another year.

This has been our season three out of the last four years. A below average team that has an average record, which gives us a middle of the pack draft pick and it groups us with a bunch of other average teams, who take someone we would want two picks ahead of us.

It depends on what Giant team we see. If it's the game 1 team that had a good chance to win in Dallas despite 6 turnovers or even the game 2 team that was 17-16 with the Broncos in the 3rd qtr, then yes, I suppose we have a shot at 6 to 8 wins. If it's the team we saw Sunday, we might be on the clock. That team could not match up physically.

Thing is, going back to late last season, that's happening more frequently and we are clearly trending downward. Here's what I wonder - have opposing defensive coordinators "figured us out"? Is there a blueprint out there of how to attack the Giant offense? I said last year that opposing DBs were jumping routes and again this year, on the rare occasions Eli has time, our receivers never seem to get any separation - and they're too good for that! And often times, I see our receivers just running straight up the field, I guess trying to find a seam...but there's usually someone running with them. And when we try to run the ball, half the D meets the ball carrier in the backfield! It's like they're in the huddle with us!

Or is it as simple as our OL got old and shitty overnight and Beatty sucks? I guess my point is, it's easy to get beat physically when the other guy has the advantage of knowing what you're going to do.

Either way, if the staff can't figure out a way to minimize our weakness - the OL - every team in the league will attack us just like Carolina did. And then we're talking 3-13, 4-12.

The Skins were 0-3 at this point last year and won the division.

They could win 9 of the next 13 and be in the hunt.

If they get their shit together....cut down (not even eliminate) the turnovers...if the o-Line gets just a little nasty...and if we get any sort of a running game. There isn't a team on that list the Giants can't beat.

We have also seen that there isn't a team on that list that can't beat them too.

It ain't over yet....we can see the end from here...but it still ain't over yet.

C. Wagon

It depends on what Giant team we see. If it's the game 1 team that had a good chance to win in Dallas despite 6 turnovers or even the game 2 team that was 17-16 with the Broncos in the 3rd qtr, then yes, I suppose we have a shot at 6 to 8 wins. If it's the team we saw Sunday, we might be on the clock. That team could not match up physically.

Thing is, going back to late last season, that's happening more frequently and we are clearly trending downward. Here's what I wonder - have opposing defensive coordinators "figured us out"? Is there a blueprint out there of how to attack the Giant offense? I said last year that opposing DBs were jumping routes and again this year, on the rare occasions Eli has time, our receivers never seem to get any separation - and they're too good for that! And often times, I see our receivers just running straight up the field, I guess trying to find a seam...but there's usually someone running with them. And when we try to run the ball, half the D meets the ball carrier in the backfield! It's like they're in the huddle with us!

Or is it as simple as our OL got old and shitty overnight and Beatty sucks? I guess my point is, it's easy to get beat physically when the other guy has the advantage of knowing what you're going to do.

Either way, if the staff can't figure out a way to minimize our weakness - the OL - every team in the league will attack us just like Carolina did. And then we're talking 3-13, 4-12.

I think part of the problem is that its a pass protecting finesse line... a lot of attempted misdirection and trap blocking...very difficult to do once the opponent has your tendencies figured out. Wasn't there an old coaching position called the Quality Control Coach...basically his job was to go over offensive and defensive plays to guard against a team becoming to predictable in its play calling. Well we need two...one for Saint Gilbride the other for Empty Tank...

Just saw this on another thread. Seems to confirm my suspicions.....but the Panthers and Blackburn aren't the first to look like they're in the huddle with us! Quality Control Coach or self scouting, whatever you call it, we apparently suck at it!

Chase Blackburn Leaked New York Giants Info to Carolina Panthers Teammates,coaches
September 24th, 2013 at 10:30 AM
By Dan Benton
The New York Giants were concerned that Chase Blackburn's in-depth knowledge of their system would cause problems for them in week three against the Carolina Panthers, and swore they would make the necessary adjustments. They didn't. And because they failed to act, they took a 38-0 beating right on the chin and fell to 0-3 on the season.

I had an idea of what they run and what they like to do in situations, Blackburn told the Charlotte Observer. We had a great game plan going in. Ive been sharing all the information all week. Guys, all of us, linebackers were out there knowing what to do; (defensive backs) knew what kind of routes they were going to get off the route combinations."

Blackburn, who had taken a grand total of zero defensive snaps in the Panthers' first two games, played a pivotal role in Sunday's contest. Not only did he see time on the field, but led the charge emotionally for his team as they also faced, but ultimately avoided, an 0-3 hole.

It makes for a big difference when you can play the game at that speed. We were able to play fast because we were aware of what they were going to do," he added.

Panthers head coach Ron Rivera was not shy about crediting Blackburn, either. He openly admitted that Blackburn's knowledge of the Giants' system helped them on both defense and special teams.

This was one of those things when you have a guy who knows the other team and you sit there and you listen to him when he is watching tape, before the play even happens, he calls the play out, Rivera said. You go, He has a grasp of it. We saw it in practice. He was focused, he was excited and he brought a lot of energy.

Luckily for the Giants, the Kansas City Chiefs employ none of their former players. However, on the downside of things, they do employ head coach Andy Reid, who knows Big Blue about as well as anyone.

The Skins were 0-3 at this point last year and won the division.

They could win 9 of the next 13 and be in the hunt.

If they get their shit together....cut down (not even eliminate) the turnovers...if the o-Line gets just a little nasty...and if we get any sort of a running game. There isn't a team on that list the Giants can't beat.

We have also seen that there isn't a team on that list that can't beat them too.

It ain't over yet....we can see the end from here...but it still ain't over yet.

C. Wagon

They were 1-2, they beat the Saints.

I can't take another 8-8 season and no playoffs. This team needs a blue chip youth movement. The entire interior of the line needs to be rebuilt, they will need a dominant DL, and a combo TE, unless both Donnell AND Robinson pan out. They should be looking to acquire an extra pick in the 2nd at this point.

Just saw this on another thread. Seems to confirm my suspicions.....but the Panthers and Blackburn aren't the first to look like they're in the huddle with us! Quality Control Coach or self scouting, whatever you call it, we apparently suck at it!

Chase Blackburn Leaked New York Giants Info to Carolina Panthers Teammates,coaches

September 24th, 2013 at 10:30 AM

By Dan Benton

The New York Giants were concerned that Chase Blackburn's in-depth knowledge of their system would cause problems for them in week three against the Carolina Panthers, and swore they would make the necessary adjustments. They didn't. And because they failed to act, they took a 38-0 beating right on the chin and fell to 0-3 on the season.

I had an idea of what they run and what they like to do in situations, Blackburn told the Charlotte Observer. We had a great game plan going in. Ive been sharing all the information all week. Guys, all of us, linebackers were out there knowing what to do; (defensive backs) knew what kind of routes they were going to get off the route combinations."

Blackburn, who had taken a grand total of zero defensive snaps in the Panthers' first two games, played a pivotal role in Sunday's contest. Not only did he see time on the field, but led the charge emotionally for his team as they also faced, but ultimately avoided, an 0-3 hole.

It makes for a big difference when you can play the game at that speed. We were able to play fast because we were aware of what they were going to do," he added.

Panthers head coach Ron Rivera was not shy about crediting Blackburn, either. He openly admitted that Blackburn's knowledge of the Giants' system helped them on both defense and special teams.

This was one of those things when you have a guy who knows the other team and you sit there and you listen to him when he is watching tape, before the play even happens, he calls the play out, Rivera said. You go, He has a grasp of it. We saw it in practice. He was focused, he was excited and he brought a lot of energy.

Luckily for the Giants, the Kansas City Chiefs employ none of their former players. However, on the downside of things, they do employ head coach Andy Reid, who knows Big Blue about as well as anyone.

Ayup...but still our guys need to come to play...many of our guys are still NFL capable...but there seems also to be a lack of fire/concern going on out there.

@ KC - Win - Desperation will win it. The Giants offense gets up early and forces Smithg to chuck the ball 40 times, KC can't win that way.

Philly - Loss - Vick and McCoy and Co will total 600 yards against our D. We don't have the athletes or the knowledge to stop that kind of O.

@ CHI - Loss - Big loss

Minn - Loss - AP has a field day

@ Philly - Loss - See previous

Oak - Win - at home after the bye against Oakland, if we can't win this game.....

GB - Loss - No D against a stout O

Dallas - Win - Tony Romo shoes up in last November.

@ Wash - Loss - No defense for an athletic qb who should be healed.

@ SD - Loss - Just traveling to the west and back to back away games

SEA - Loss

@ DET - Loss

Wash - Win

That puts us at 4-12 on the season.

I'm also on VG's side here... I don't know about the rest of the schedule but we get our first W this Sunday.

I don't see it. KC's pass rush is better than Carolina's. I think we'll be more competitive because KC won't play every play like they know exactly what we're doing, like Carolina/Blackburn did but in the end, the team that controls the line of scrimmage wins. Neither side of the ball is winning that battle so far. Why should it suddenly change now?

I don't see it. KC's pass rush is better than Carolina's. I think we'll be more competitive because KC won't play every play like they know exactly what we're doing, like Carolina/Blackburn did but in the end, the team that controls the line of scrimmage wins. Neither side of the ball is winning that battle so far. Why should it suddenly change now?

Especially with Baas and Snee playing hurt now...

EDIT...check that...they haven't practiced at all this week. Diehl has practiced lightly. So, KC has the lead in sacks, leaguewide...and we're going up against them with one of the worst performing lines there is.

Sure, we could pull it out if we start playing like we all thought they could, but I'm just not seeing it.