SportsWrath

Giants safety Will Hill suspended again

Mr. P

New York Giants safety Will Hill has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the team announced Saturday.

It's the second suspension in as many seasons for Hill, who served a four-game ban last year for violating the policy on performance-enhancing drugs. The Giants said that suspension was triggered by Hill's use of Adderall.

Hill, 23, will be eligible to participate in training camp, which begins for the Giants on Friday, and the preseason. He can return to the active roster Sept. 30.

Undrafted out of Florida in 2011, Hill played arena football for a year before signing a three-year contract with the Giants in May 2012. He played in 12 games last season and was credited with two passes defended and a forced fumble.

http://www.usatoday....-games/2571771/

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 1m

Giants announce S Will Hill has been suspended four games.

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 50s

Violation is of the substance abuse policy, not performance-enhancing. In other words, not Adderall.

"The Giants said that suspension was triggered by Hill's use of Adderall."

also from my original post:

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 50s

Violation is of the substance abuse policy, not performance-enhancing. In other words, not Adderall.

"The Giants said that suspension was triggered by Hill's use of Adderall."

That was his previous suspension... this one doesn't seem to be that serious and I don't think this ends his Giants career either.

Yeah, it's only strike 2. But seriously, you're given a list, you're given direction...how hard is it to follow simple procedures. The NFL has to know that these guys are not rocket scientists, so I'm sure they dumb it down for them to the point where the commoner could follow the rules without issue. It doesn't make much sense to me to see repeat offenders.

Just came across this on Roto World. As we suspected....

Suspended Giants S Will Hill admitted that his four-game substance-abuse ban was the result of "multiple" failed marijuana tests.

Hill opened up and said that he even spent a month in a rehab clinic. He's been an off-field mess ever since his days at Florida. Hill is competing for the No. 4 safety job in New York, but he's skating on very thin ice.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6496/will-hill