SportsWrath

Giants safety Will Hill suspended again

Mr. P

The way the NFL 'punishes' players he would have been better off if it was 'roids. He'd get the same suspension but at least he'd get a positive benefit from it.

Weed has the opposite effect too.... I don't see the point... it's not like it's addictive. Just quit.. make your millions and then smoke yourself to death once you're out of the NFL.... #RickyWilliams.

Weed has the opposite effect too.... I don't see the point... it's not like it's addictive. Just quit.. make your millions and then smoke yourself to death once you're out of the NFL.... #RickyWilliams.

Weed can be addictive. Quitting weed was pretty hard.

Weed can be addictive. Quitting weed was pretty hard.

I'm not sure I agree with that, Pdoub.. there's a mental addiction but nothing physical... the withdrawal you go thru is a lot easier to deal with than caffeine addiction. At least that's my personal experience.

I'm not sure I agree with that, Pdoub.. there's a mental addiction but nothing physical... the withdrawal you go thru is a lot easier to deal with than caffeine addiction. At least that's my personal experience.

The withdrawal being easier to deal with than caffeine doesn't negate the existence of the withdrawal.

The withdrawal being easier to deal with than caffeine doesn't negate the existence of the withdrawal.

My point is... it's almost a non-issue. Meaning it's not addictive in the true sense of the word.

My point is... it's almost a non-issue. Meaning it's not addictive in the true sense of the word.

and my point its, it can be addictive in the true sense of the word. Your personal experience may not support that, but mine, and others does.

and not just me and others, studies also:

http://www.ibtimes.c...al-study-796751

that one from last year compares the withdrawal as similar to tobacco, which I'm sure everyone will agree has withdrawal symptoms.

Could it be the length of smoking that factors in? I recently started.. and even though I didn't officially "quit" I haven't smoked since early April. Aside from the jitters of the first day or 2... I didn't feel a thing. I do get an extra hour of sleep when I smoke but that's about the only benefit I can think of.

Could it be the length of smoking that factors in? I recently started.. and even though I didn't officially "quit" I haven't smoked since early April. Aside from the jitters of the first day or 2... I didn't feel a thing. I do get an extra hour of sleep when I smoke but that's about the only benefit I can think of.

I'd imagine length of use will factor in with any addiction.

anytime i quit weed the first 48 hours were awful and then i was cool after that

Yep, I felt jittery and just out of wack for 2 days and then I was good... now stopping caffeine was a bitch... Of course I started drinking again out of office habit.

I always thought the difference between "habit" and "addiction" was when it started fucking with other aspects of your life, like your NFL career.

I've heard people refer to themselves as "functioning" addicts. I think that's the difference between an addict and a junkie, for example.

I think people have different terms for it....I'm not a substance abuse expert, so I'll defer to those who handle this on a professional basis (e.g., TBCvP)

Yep, I felt jittery and just out of wack for 2 days and then I was good... now stopping caffeine was a bitch... Of course I started drinking again out of office habit.

yeah the headaches from quitting caffeine are intense

yeah the headaches from quitting caffeine are intense

Holy fuck I almost cried the 3 day of Ramadan because the night before I only took a sip of coffee.. the next day I was ready to get violent because the pain was out of this world. The bad thing about it is if I drink coffee whenever then I can't sleep at night... and then I'll have headaches because of that... it's been a tough balancing act that's for sure.