SportsWrath

Rolondo Mclain to be released. Should we kick the tires?

osi724dasack

I'd be down. I thought he was going to be the pick the year he was drafted. I think he'd fit better in a 3-4 defense, but I wouldn't mind having him as a two-down thumper in the middle or strong side. Can't hurt, but I wouldn't give him more than $1m.

I really wanted the Giants to draft this dude and was pissed when raiders went overboard early on him. Maybe he's played in a shit system and needed a little guidance. The talent is there, unsure about the mental part.

This... but you'd have to wonder how much a toll your psyche takes playing for the raiders.

I must have been asleep, I thought Mclain was regarded as a pretty solid linebacker for most of his career? I find it hard to believe he's worse than Dan Connor, anyway....

McLain had been very solid indeed.

Very solid out there.

He's been an absolute nutcase pointing guns at people's heads, but on the field he's been solid, not spectacular but certainly better then anybody on our team.

Him coming to the Giants could possibly mature him being around outstanding professionals like Tuck, Kiwi, Rolle, Eli, Hakeem, etc...

He's a young man as well.

Plus he's not that slow either, his speed is his weakness but he's not slow, and he's fast for a guy that's 6-3 6-4 250+. He ran a 4.68 40 if that means anything.

I must have been asleep, I thought Mclain was regarded as a pretty solid linebacker for most of his career? I find it hard to believe he's worse than Dan Connor, anyway....

I don't know why I seem to be the only one here who really thinks Conner is gonna do well for us... Something must be wrong...

with everyone else :rimshot:

McLain had been very solid indeed.

Very solid out there.

He's been an absolute nutcase pointing guns at people's heads, but on the field he's been solid, not spectacular but certainly better then anybody on our team.

Him coming to the Giants could possibly mature him being around outstanding professionals like Tuck, Kiwi, Rolle, Eli, Hakeem, etc...

He's a young man as well.

Plus he's not that slow either, his speed is his weakness but he's not slow, and he's fast for a guy that's 6-3 6-4 250+. He ran a 4.68 40 if that means anything.

Yeah, he's a young, former first round talent. I say why not kick the tires? He's still young and immature, like you say, and I'd add that Coughlin and the Maras would be the perfect coach/owners to get him through that. He ran about the same speed as Te'O at his workout....which is at least sub-4.7....so fairly average speed for a linebacker, basically. Really, I'd rather have a quick linebacker with burst and closing speed....so 40 times don't always translate to performance on the field

And I think his biggest upside is his age, as well. Still got several years left and should be hitting his peak.

Imagine we sign MClain and the light goes on and he plays like a 1st rounder, and Rivers stayed healthy and played like a top 10 guy, all the sudden LB could be a strength along with my main man JWill

Rivers played like shit...