SportsWrath

Rolondo Mclain to be released. Should we kick the tires?

osi724dasack

Ok Nas, I'll chime in. Forgive any grammar or spelling errors, typing on my phone. I think any team that considers McClain will need to be convinced he is grown up and ready to conduct himself in a professional manner, on and off the field. I agree with Herc that he is not out of chances. But I would only offer close to the minimum on a one year prove it deal, with modest incentives. I would tread carefully here, but I would really like for Reese and Coughlin to interview him, and I'd be happy if he was brought on to compete at MLB, we need talented players at linebacker, and I do believe he has talent. I'm also not confident in Connor, just because of the injury history. You have to wonder even if he is recovered from past injuries, how much will they limit his ability down the line. I'm not saying he was a bad signing, because we need bodies there. But, to think Connor could be the long term or even a successful short term solution in my opinion is very optimistic. Anyone who starts at MLB though has to be a physical force because we need to be much better against the run this year. McClain is as good a gamble as we could possiby hope for as fans. What you worry about with a player with his problems though, particularly at a position on the defense that is a leadership position, traditionally, what kind of influence he might have on other players. I think if u have too many players on your team with character issues u can't win in the NFL. That is why I am always deferential to players with high character, even if they're physically not as gifted as another player with character problems. Now, i do believe evryone deserves a second chance. And I believe that the Giants could absorb a playet like McClain at present. But i would only sign him under the caveat that he conducts himself in a manner becoming to the organization, and I would make it clear that he would be cut if he were to get in trouble again. All that said, this team desperately needs a talented hard hitting linebacker (or two). I would just keep him on a short leash.

Sounds like the local cops hate McClain.

Dude should just leave his hometown for good.

You're absolutely right, Osi, it's either that or Rolando has a propensity for being a jerk and the cops simply aren't willing to let it slide there like they are in other places, it is good ole 'Bama, after all. Someone is giving the guy bad advice or he simply refuses to listen.

You're absolutely right, Osi, it's either that or Rolando has a propensity for being a jerk and the cops simply aren't willing to let it slide there like they are in other places, it is good ole 'Bama, after all. Someone is giving the guy bad advice or he simply refuses to listen.

Considering that he put a gun to someone's head and they called it a misdemeanor, I'd say it's the latter.

Considering that he put a gun to someone's head and they called it a misdemeanor, I'd say it's the latter.

I agree. He seems like a dick, now I'm glad we passed...I'm sure it wasn't much of a decision though. Imagine that guy in NY. Just can't stay out of trouble.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL

I guess the JPP pick was a good one after all.

and that if we were going to go after a 1st round bust in hopes of rebuilding himself, we went with Curry instead of this guy.