SportsWrath

Bennett going to the Bears

Steitzenhaus

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9044532/2013-nfl-free-agency-martellus-bennett-chicago-bears-source-says

I scoffed at the idea of the Giants drafting a tight end but perhaps we will go that route after all. Jared Cook is also an interesting possibility. I'm a little bummed I liked Bennett's physical talent and it looked good early but late in the year he faded along with the rest of the offense. Ah well.

that's too bad. with how rushed bradford constantly is i'd imagine cook's gonna get a lot more catches. plus he's not playing with an idiot like locker who consistently ignored his two best targets in favor of the kendall wright's of the world

Bub-eye, Bennett.

You can slack on routes from Cutler now. I mean... what could possibly go wrong there?

Well with Martz out at Chicago....at least a TE has a chance now....they totally wasted Greg Olsen....but that sure does put a lot of head cases in one huddle....Cutler.....Bradon Marshall....not the Black Unicorn....on a team whose defense...hates its offense....

What could go wrong indeed Seph.

C. Wagon

Would love for the Giants to go get Brandon Myers, he was in Oakland and could come cheap. 79 receptions last year. C. Wagon, probably knows of him, he went to Iowa.

Yeah...he's stud....reliable as the day is long....solid blocker.....will surprise with quickness (not speed)....runs great routes...great hands......and .can really take a shot.

Is a former all - state basketball player....he didn't get a lot of playing time until Senior year...played behind Scott Chandler (who bounced around the NFL ...including the G- Men practice squad before having a break out year with the Bills last year)

He is what we call "Farm Strong". ....naturally big....strong....doesnt' get hurt.

He would be a good pick up and could do H Back if needed.

C. Wagon

Yeah...he's stud....reliable as the day is long....solid blocker.....will surprise with quickness (not speed)....runs great routes...great hands......and .can really take a shot.

Is a former all - state basketball player....he didn't get a lot of playing time until Senior year...played behind Scott Chandler (who bounced around the NFL ...including the G- Men practice squad before having a break out year with the Bills last year)

He is what we call "Farm Strong". ....naturally big....strong....doesnt' get hurt.

He would be a good pick up and could do H Back if needed.

C. Wagon

Yea great fit

If we have learned any lesson since Shockey left the Giants is that this team can pick and get a lot out of the TE position. Bennet was a talent for sure... but I think the biggest thing lost with him going to Chicago is the best nickname in the NFL.

I bet his nickname in Chi-town will be the Black Bratwurst

If we have learned any lesson since Shockey left the Giants is that this team can pick and get a lot out of the TE position. Bennet was a talent for sure... but I think the biggest thing lost with him going to Chicago is the best nickname in the NFL.

I bet his nickname in Chi-town will be the Black Bratwurst

Agreed.....The TE Gman Position t coach Pope (?).....works with what he gets and makes it better.

C. Wagon