SportsWrath

Dwight Freeny?

BronxRik

The Indianapolis Colts are done with Dwight Freeney, but it doesn't appear the defensive end will lack for suitors when he hits the open market.

Freeney said Wednesday that former Colts teammate Peyton Manning already has been recruiting him to join the Denver Broncos.

"He sent me a text and he just said, 'Hey man, don't worry, come play with me in Denver,' " Freeney told "PFT Live." "I don't know how serious it was but, you know, it's good to hear some of your former teammates still follow you, they care and they want to see you succeed."

Freeney expressed doubt that Denver has a spot for him with defensive end Elvis Dumervil and linebacker Von Miller entrenched.

"I think they've got a couple good pass rushers over there," Freeney said. "I don't know if they have room for me."

Roddy White used his Twitter feed to tell the world he'd love to see Freeney in an Atlanta Falcons uniform.

Meanwhile, if the New York Giants are interested in Freeney, they might be an early favorite. Freeney told NFL.com's Adam Schein on Wednesday that he grew up a Giants fans and "playing for them would be a dream."

Freeney's dip in production this season (five sacks, 12 tackles in 14 games) should serve as a red flag that Freeney, 33, might not be the pass-rushing terror he was in the previous decade. But put in the right situation, playing for the right team, Freeney still can have value.

One team will be happy to take its chances.

Link

No one said he'd be a starter... a washed up Freeney is better than a healthy Osi any given Sunday.

whoa... easy there Nas.... I don't know why you hate the guy so much but Osi is way better than Freeney in the current time.

Then again, everytime a FA left the Giants they seem to suck ballz and couldn't live up to their contract.. example: Aaron Ross, David Boss, Derrick Ward, Jacobs....

The only guy that left and maintain SuperStar status is Cofield....... damn skins!!!

I was going to post this article but this move just makes no sense to me. The last DE the Giants spent money on on the FA market was Kenny Holmes back in like 2000.....

We'd be getting a guy who is MORE washed up than Justin Tuck.

whoa... easy there Nas.... I don't know why you hate the guy so much but Osi is way better than Freeney in the current time.

Then again, everytime a FA left the Giants they seem to suck ballz and couldn't live up to their contract.. example: Aaron Ross, David Boss, Derrick Ward, Jacobs....

The only guy that left and maintain SuperStar status is Cofield....... damn skins!!!

This is simply not true. Dwight Freeney is more like Justin Tuck in that he plays more than just rush the passer. Osi is one-dimensional. Freeney always has been a more complete player. Freeney, even at this current time, is an upgrade over Osi Umenyiora every day of the week.

Still, I'd rather look to the draft and keep rebuilding that line rather than getting older on it.

I miss Barry:

1286160269096_zpse84b79da.gif

This is simply not true. Dwight Freeney is more like Justin Tuck in that he plays more than just rush the passer. Osi is one-dimensional. Freeney always has been a more complete player. Freeney, even at this current time, is an upgrade over Osi Umenyiora every day of the week.

Still, I'd rather look to the draft and keep rebuilding that line rather than getting older on it.

I disagree, Freeney is one of the most one-dimensional pass rushers I've ever seen. Never been that impressed with that guy. He's got two moves, not counting a mediocre bull rush, and all he's asked to do is rush the passer.

He and Osi are basically the same guy... I'd take whichever is cheaper. Or neither. I agree with that much of what you said. Either guy is just a stop gap at this point.

I disagree, Freeney is one of the most one-dimensional pass rushers I've ever seen. Never been that impressed with that guy. He's got two moves, not counting a mediocre bull rush, and all he's asked to do is rush the passer.

He and Osi are basically the same guy... I'd take whichever is cheaper. Or neither. I agree with that much of what you said. Either guy is just a stop gap at this point.

I agree with CrazedDogs, that's been my view also.

Exactly... however getting him for depth at least to replace Tolle is still appealing to me...