SportsWrath

Don't mean to be a broken record

Allstarjim

But where's David Wilson... you know.... the guy our front office and scouting department had ahead of Doug Martin. Four carries. With no Andre Brown. FOUR. He's LIGHTNING in a bottle in an offense that desperately needs just a SPARK. And he continues to be bottled up.

For me, if Wilson got a dozen or more touches in that game, he breaks one and we win. This horseshit about pass protection... is exactly that. Let the kid prove himself.

But where's David Wilson... you know.... the guy our front office and scouting department had ahead of Doug Martin. Four carries. With no Andre Brown. FOUR. He's LIGHTNING in a bottle in an offense that desperately needs just a SPARK. And he continues to be bottled up.

For me, if Wilson got a dozen or more touches in that game, he breaks one and we win. This horseshit about pass protection... is exactly that. Let the kid prove himself.

Idk man.. I do share your concern that Wilson should've seen the field more.. however AB was doing well under a sub-par OL performance and I honestly wouldn't want to throw Wilson out there against a formidable run defense. I do however expect to see a lot more of him this week... not just for his sake but for AB's sake... old man needs to rest his body a bit.

AB.... let's talk about him. I love the guy. He gives max effort on every play, he grinds it out for that extra yard or three. And I love seeing those 7 yard, I want it more than you, type of runs. But in the second half he wasn't finding much room, and the 'Skins were shutting him down. He only had 26 yards on 9 carries in the second half, Nas. When you're not able to grind out first downs, you have to hit big plays, and Bradshaw isn't really the big play guy anymore. Wilson is. We couldn't sustain drives in the second half, largely because the Redskins stopped the run completely, and got us into obvious passing downs. If you can get Wilson in space, either on a pitch on the edge, a screen, or however you do it, he is a big play waiting to happen. Most of us know what this kid is capable of, and it's just real frustrating to still be waiting for him to get a chance because of perceived weaknesses he's not even getting an opportunity to prove aren't really there. I think it's past due for this kid to get meaningful touches, I really do. Sorry if I like TD's rather than settling for FG's, or worse, punts.

but for one wide open run in pre-season Wilson has been a abysmal failure

Sanchezian type failure

Really, Jack? Here's the difference between Sanchez and Wilson... Sanchez has been given the opportunity to fail. He's also had several years to do so.

Wilson is in his rookie season and hasn't been allowed to perform on the field. You have to get snaps in games to show what you can do. He's not getting them. But he will, it's just a matter of time. How much time, I don't know. But sooner or later, the guy will prove to be a star. Don't be a dumbass.

I don't know why he didn't get more touches either, unless maybe the coaching staff sees something we all don't.

On the other hand, I thought with so many holes on our O-line, LB corps, and in the secondary, and with so many busts at rb, a first-round RB was pretty much a wasted pick.

I am assuming that he is having real issues in practice with it otherwise why would TC not be feeding him some carries.. Especially on first or second down, take the pass blocking responsibility away from him with early runs. I know Eli likes to make changes at the line, and may see something he wants to exploit when he comes under center... maybe that is where the hesitation is?

I wonder if it has anything to do with TC not liking him. He is a show boat... I saw that when I was at training camp and he was practicing poses... I also think i remember him doing something after a TD for a penalty.. maybe in the pre-seaosn.

Really, Jack? Here's the difference between Sanchez and Wilson... Sanchez has been given the opportunity to fail. He's also had several years to do so.

Wilson is in his rookie season and hasn't been allowed to perform on the field. You have to get snaps in games to show what you can do. He's not getting them. But he will, it's just a matter of time. How much time, I don't know. But sooner or later, the guy will prove to be a star. Don't be a dumbass.

You dont have to tell me this.......I plead with Couglin for years and years to play- Blackburn, this year to play Perrilloux, Andre Brown.

It drives me nuts when message board experts citicize players who do not get any Reps.......having said that Wilson has had some carries.......he looks absolutely clueless out there......are you saying to keep playing him until he develops football instincts?? Tiki once took an entire summer to watch Walter Peyton tapes to figure out hiw to follow his blockers......the results spoke for themselves. This kid needs to hit the film room

I've given up trying to understand Kevin Gilbride.

I'll give credit to Bradshaw, who I bash on a regular basis.....he had a good game.

However, the Redskins have one of the shittiest pass defenses in the league. Bennett was open pretty much all game. Eli should have had 400 yards passing.....instead, Killdrive goes against the grain once again. I can't think of a coordinator who avoids an opponent's weakness like Gilbride.

Anyway, to your point......yeah, Wilson has been completely underutilized....and when he has a chance to shine, a dipshit penalty like Jim Cordle's wipes out a huge return.

Clearly, Wilson is dangerous in space, and has tremendous speed.....so naturally, Gilbride decided to limit his carries, and run him up the middle.

Oy fucking vey.

Little known fact about this season and the Giants running the football. We haven't been as effective bouncing it to the outside unlike last season. Giants have found success this year running the ball on the inside.

I've given up trying to understand Kevin Gilbride.

I'll give credit to Bradshaw, who I bash on a regular basis.....he had a good game.

However, the Redskins have one of the shittiest pass defenses in the league. Bennett was open pretty much all game. Eli should have had 400 yards passing.....instead, Killdrive goes against the grain once again. I can't think of a coordinator who avoids an opponent's weakness like Gilbride.

Anyway, to your point......yeah, Wilson has been completely underutilized....and when he has a chance to shine, a dipshit penalty like Jim Cordle's wipes out a huge return.

Clearly, Wilson is dangerous in space, and has tremendous speed.....so naturally, Gilbride decided to limit his carries, and run him up the middle.

Oy fucking vey.

It seems the Giants save one of their worst offensive gameplans of the year for the Redskins.

You dont have to tell me this.......I plead with Couglin for years and years to play- Blackburn, this year to play Perrilloux, Andre Brown.

It drives me nuts when message board experts citicize players who do not get any Reps.......having said that Wilson has had some carries.......he looks absolutely clueless out there......are you saying to keep playing him until he develops football instincts?? Tiki once took an entire summer to watch Walter Peyton tapes to figure out hiw to follow his blockers......the results spoke for themselves. This kid needs to hit the film room

Which doesn't belong and why?

Little known fact about this season and the Giants running the football. We haven't been as effective bouncing it to the outside unlike last season. Giants have found success this year running the ball on the inside.

Wilson is the type of running back who can gain the edge.

Speaking of absolutely clueless... which ones of his 28 carries do you not like? We've played twelve games. The first 5 games the kid had 7 carries. Ask any RB if they can get going on a carry here or a carry there. You can't get into the rhythm of the game like that, or get a feel for the game speed by coming into the game and getting one or two touches. He's a rookie, too. Early on, he had some issues... his ONE fumble on this season, a dropped pass here and there. But now is the time.... it's past time. Get him the ball, because he hasn't really had an opportunity to succeed or fail. On that 5th game, Wilson gets a 40 yard TD run, one of his two carries against the Browns. So the next week he is rewarded with 7 carries... his high total on the season. Against one of the best defenses in the NFL, the 49ers, he runs for 35 yards, a 5.0 avg, including a 20 yarder. Then after that... 4 straight games... only 3 carries total. That's silly. GB game he got 6 carries, didn't find much room. But he was also running the ball there in the 4th quarter of a blowout... obvious run situation, kill clock time. GB just loading the box.

And then 4 carries in this last game. If you think 28 carries in 12 games is a fair shake... I don't know what to tell you. Even with the GB game, and considering all carries on the year, he's a 4.0 ypc back with a 40 yard TD. That's not bad for a guy who has really just been getting a carry or two here and there, and nearly a quarter of his carries came in one game in the 4th quarter of a blowout.

I don't see a kid who doesn't know what he's doing out there. I see a dangerous talent needing a real shot to prove himself. One that is desperate to prove himself... at times earlier in the season, there was a good excuse. Andre Brown was the backup and was running very well. Now, Brown is not part of the picture. Wilson is the backup, but we see a guy on the field that was just signed this past week, who has been cut by multiple teams?

It bothers me more coming off a 1 point loss. Because I see a player that can turn that 1 point loss into a win if given the chance. I see a player that can make drives end in TD's and not FG's.

And Joe, I have to say, Bradshaw didn't have a great game. He had a great first half. He had a poor second half. He and the Giants got very little on the ground in the second half. Which was a major reason we couldn't sustain a drive after halftime.

Speaking of absolutely clueless... which ones of his 28 carries do you not like? We've played twelve games. The first 5 games the kid had 7 carries. Ask any RB if they can get going on a carry here or a carry there. You can't get into the rhythm of the game like that, or get a feel for the game speed by coming into the game and getting one or two touches. He's a rookie, too. Early on, he had some issues... his ONE fumble on this season, a dropped pass here and there. But now is the time.... it's past time. Get him the ball, because he hasn't really had an opportunity to succeed or fail. On that 5th game, Wilson gets a 40 yard TD run, one of his two carries against the Browns. So the next week he is rewarded with 7 carries... his high total on the season. Against one of the best defenses in the NFL, the 49ers, he runs for 35 yards, a 5.0 avg, including a 20 yarder. Then after that... 4 straight games... only 3 carries total. That's silly. GB game he got 6 carries, didn't find much room. But he was also running the ball there in the 4th quarter of a blowout... obvious run situation, kill clock time. GB just loading the box.

And then 4 carries in this last game. If you think 28 carries in 12 games is a fair shake... I don't know what to tell you. Even with the GB game, and considering all carries on the year, he's a 4.0 ypc back with a 40 yard TD. That's not bad for a guy who has really just been getting a carry or two here and there, and nearly a quarter of his carries came in one game in the 4th quarter of a blowout.

I don't see a kid who doesn't know what he's doing out there. I see a dangerous talent needing a real shot to prove himself. One that is desperate to prove himself... at times earlier in the season, there was a good excuse. Andre Brown was the backup and was running very well. Now, Brown is not part of the picture. Wilson is the backup, but we see a guy on the field that was just signed this past week, who has been cut by multiple teams?

It bothers me more coming off a 1 point loss. Because I see a player that can turn that 1 point loss into a win if given the chance. I see a player that can make drives end in TD's and not FG's.

And Joe, I have to say, Bradshaw didn't have a great game. He had a great first half. He had a poor second half. He and the Giants got very little on the ground in the second half. Which was a major reason we couldn't sustain a drive after halftime.

Hear...hear... :clap:

Allstar....I understand your comments RE: Bradshaw in the 2nd half. I think on the whole he had a good game, though. I'm not going to blame him for Gilbride's dopey gameplan in the 2nd half.....it should have been clear to Gilbride that the Skins were virtually defenseless against the pass.....so he decided to go with the run instead.

Also, I've been very critical of Bradshaw for a while....but if I'm not mistaken, I think he had 100+ yards on the day.

Regarding Wilson, I agree with you 100%. All week we hear "it's his time".....and then we get a one teaspoon serving on game day.

I'm through trying to guess what Gilbride's thinking from one moment to the next.

AB.... let's talk about him. I love the guy. He gives max effort on every play, he grinds it out for that extra yard or three. And I love seeing those 7 yard, I want it more than you, type of runs. But in the second half he wasn't finding much room, and the 'Skins were shutting him down. He only had 26 yards on 9 carries in the second half, Nas. When you're not able to grind out first downs, you have to hit big plays, and Bradshaw isn't really the big play guy anymore. Wilson is. We couldn't sustain drives in the second half, largely because the Redskins stopped the run completely, and got us into obvious passing downs. If you can get Wilson in space, either on a pitch on the edge, a screen, or however you do it, he is a big play waiting to happen. Most of us know what this kid is capable of, and it's just real frustrating to still be waiting for him to get a chance because of perceived weaknesses he's not even getting an opportunity to prove aren't really there. I think it's past due for this kid to get meaningful touches, I really do. Sorry if I like TD's rather than settling for FG's, or worse, punts.

I agree with that....Bradshaw can get some positive yardage out of nothing, but defenses know he can't take it to the house anymore.

Wilson adds another dimension......really would like to see what he could do on a screen......judging from his kickoff returns, he's very dangerous in space.

My two cents on Wilson...

I'm pretty hyped up on the guy, and to a point I still am. But I see something a little different in his running over the last several weeks... he's pressing. He completely lacks the patience that you see on his college film or even his preseason carries.

He's frustrated... and the only cure.... is reps.

My two cents on Wilson...

I'm pretty hyped up on the guy, and to a point I still am. But I see something a little different in his running over the last several weeks... he's pressing. He completely lacks the patience that you see on his college film or even his preseason carries.

He's frustrated... and the only cure.... is reps.

I think Killdrive needs to experiment a little bit.....get him on the field with Bradshaw, for example.