SportsWrath

Will the Skins win the division?

Sephiroth

RGIII will be concussed out of the game within 5 years. I don't wish it on him, I just think given the modern health concerns that running QBs are a thing of the past.

This...he was racked up a couple of times out there...hey RB's average out to 3-5 years max in today's NFL...no more Tony Dorsetts or Franco Harris sideline to sideline runners anymore...its the reason why the 3/4 Defense was created...fast but big outside linebackers to catch and/or funnel the outside runner types back into the inside where the inside backers could rock their world....then with this that's the reason why the West Coast Offense was created to combat the 3/4 Defense...in effect use the TE, RB's as pass catchers not blockers and runners...to deal with the 3/4 zones...its like trench warfare...momentary gain...countermeasure ...new innovation...countermeasure... :P

No, but the tide has turned. We'll have to deal with RGIII for years to come. Post Eli at some point, like when RGIII is fully matured. The Eagles will suck for a while as they rebuild. Dallas will remain mediocre as long as Garrett and Romo are there. The frustrating thing is, we'll remain in contention for a while, but not by much, and only because everyone else either stinks or rebuilds. Sad really, because there is no reason this team can't go 11-5 - 12-4 consistently and just dominate this division. In the end regular season records mean nothing aside from getting into the playoffs, it's just easier to get in by racking up wins as opposed to 'catching fire' at the right time. It'd be nice to be contemplating locking up a playoff spot by week 11 for a change.

They got RGIII and we got Eli. Running QBs tend to spike up in the early years but those hits take a toll over the years. I suspect Eli will be here a long time. And you're failing to take into account that somewhere down the like our D will improve after we cut a few deadbeats and sign fresh blood.

We have the 8 year, 2 SB MVP Eli, they've got a yet-to-fully-mature rookie baller, and not just because of his running skills. Dude can play, and apparently he can lead because that whole team has bought into the RGIII dream. Plus, he's sharing Subway face time with Strahan, so he can't be all bad.

I'm not simply basing this on RGIII or how the Skins look this particular weekend. We also have to play Green Bay (loss), New Orleans (loss), and the Eagles again (loss). I personally think we'll beat the Falcons and Batlimore, but those could easily end up as losses as well.

The Skins have a cakewalk schedule ahead; they have one tough game coming up and five easy ones.

I'm not simply basing this on RGIII or how the Skins look this particular weekend. We also have to play Green Bay (loss), New Orleans (loss), and the Eagles again (loss). I personally think we'll beat the Falcons and Batlimore, but those could easily end up as losses as well.

The Skins have a cakewalk schedule ahead; they have one tough game coming up and five easy ones.

But the Giants tend to win tough games and lose the winnable ones... 3 of our 4 losses are against the Boys, Eagles, and the fucking Bungals... all with abysmal records.

We need only beat the Redskins and Eagles to finish 9-7 overall, 4-2 in the division, and likely punch our playoff ticket. Now, we could win against Atlanta or Baltimore or both...but winning out seems to be overly optimistic for me.

I like our chances against Baltimore and Atlanta. Keep in mind that Atlanta's offense was good last year too and we held them to nothing in the playoff game.

Storm, u a limited perspective of the play u r referencing. On the pass that was behind the receiver that was caught, that was the only place he could've put it where the receiver had a chance. He had to loft it some and had to throw it behind, because Bruce Carter was filling that lane quick and if he threw it lower and in stride that's an INT. He can chuck it 70 yards with a flick of the wrist. He has no physical limitations, least of all his arm strength. That's just comical for anyone to say that has seen any more than a dozen of his passes this season.

The Giants will definitely lose to the Packers.

But today, you're seeing RGIII get soooo incredibly lucky on his passes today. Two of his touchdowns should have been picked, both should have never been thrown, I mean forced into where they were. I've also noticed he has probably the least zip on his passes of any quarterback in the NFC.

"The Giants will definitely lose to the Packers."

Someday somewhere, if the Mayans were wrong the Giants will definitely lose to the Packers..........you ARE right

Right now we own them and hold the mortgages on their primary residences. LOL

I do not see the Giants losing again this season......maybe to the Eagles on the 17th week if Coughlin rests the starters. It would be madness to play the Eagles straight up in a meaningless game......I don't care how many times Andy Reid has beaten us......let him have the final win on his way to AZ

"The Giants will definitely lose to the Packers."

Someday somewhere, if the Mayans were wrong the Giants will definitely lose to the Packers..........you ARE right

Right now we own them and hold the mortgages on their primary residences. LOL

I do not see the Giants losing again this season......maybe to the Eagles on the 17th week if Coughlin rests the starters. It would be madness to play the Eagles straight up in a meaningless game......I don't care how many times Andy Reid has beaten us......let him have the final win on his way to AZ

I won't say I wasn't surprised by the Giants showing up....I was betting on going 6-7 and struggling to win the last 3 games, and the division at 9-7....you got me.

Well, to answer my own question... sure looks like it.

Yeah, I think we are going to be struggling to lock up a wild card come week 17.

That's what happens when you don't show up to play in big games or in November. We could have the division locked up right now, simply by beating teams we should beat.

Thats not how we roll and you should know that by now.

Yeah, I think we are going to be struggling to lock up a wild card come week 17.

That's what happens when you don't show up to play in big games or in November. We could have the division locked up right now, simply by beating teams we should beat.

Thats not how we roll and you should know that by now.

I watch this team lay down and come completely unprepared too much to big ball games to feel confident about this season. Last year we flashed explosiveness and heart throughout the season. This team seems content with 2 rings and that's about it. It's a good thing we beat the Patriots because that team knows how to win and we should take a page out of their book when it comes to consistency...this team relies on getting hot and is too inconsistent to ever repeat.

I watch this team lay down and come completely unprepared too much to big ball games to feel confident about this season. Last year we flashed explosiveness and heart throughout the season. This team seems content with 2 rings and that's about it. It's a good thing we beat the Patriots because that team knows how to win and we should take a page out of their book when it comes to consistency...this team relies on getting hot and is too inconsistent to ever repeat.

Thats because we just dont have brainy coaches. We have good coaches but they the game has evolved so has coaching. Our coaching just hasnt evolved on the same line. The playcalling in the second half was the worst Ive ever seen. It was literallly message board stuff - run run pass punt stuff. I thought they were setting up the run run stuff for a PA but nope....never happened. Bradshaw ran hard yes - but the redskins smelt him quickly and often. We didnt mix it up the way we did against the packers. We suck after every big win in the season. Time to get some asses red and get back on track. Id honestly say - the Skins won a game they had no business winning. RG3 - whome everybody is dicksucking right now - fumbles the ball on a run and it goes for a TD. We were doomed then. Our big KRs and 3rd down completions get penalized. It was a shit week for us. I like the ball control on the O....dont like the D and Offensive playcalling

Guys we simply got outplayed this time around and I think its ridiculous at this point to be questioning the coaching of this team. Giants got outplayed out there and it is really just that simple. Giants are still in control and they'll be in the playoffs, just won't be pretty but it will happen.

Yeah I'm with you . This was one of if not the biggest game for the Redskins in years. It was their night. Granted, we helped their cause with sloppy play and inefficiency but they did enough to win the game. I wish the Giants could make things a little easier on themselves once in a while but thats kind of like having a first world problem for a fan. Next week IS a must win though. Saints defense stinks, they're all but eliminated from playoff contention, and we're home. They're very vulnerable. If we can't beat them this time we never will.

Yeah I'm with you . This was one of if not the biggest game for the Redskins in years. It was their night. Granted, we helped their cause with sloppy play and inefficiency but they did enough to win the game. I wish the Giants could make things a little easier on themselves once in a while but thats kind of like having a first world problem for a fan. Next week IS a must win though. Saints defense stinks, they're all but eliminated from playoff contention, and we're home. They're very vulnerable. If we can't beat them this time we never will.

How long do we wail about inefficiency?? We have been pathetically inefficient in the redzone since kingdom come and we are not able to fix it. The offensive playcalling is brilliant for one qtr and shit-piss-fuck-cun asswipe the next. The redskins playcalling on offense was brilliant!!! We just dont do it. We play like madden rookies. Just selecting a play and going with it. We need to mix it up. I loved the end-around screen to Bradshaw last week - but I realised that was it. Its done. We just shove our heads up our asses in cruicial times when it comes to playcalling and end up relying on fantastic execution or sheer brilliance. It doesnt come as often as smarter playcalling.

The Skins have the Ravens, Shits, Eagles, Cowboys.

The Cowboys have Redskins, Saints, Bengals, and Pittsburgh. They're done.

We have the Saints, Falcolns, Ravens, and Eagles.

We'll both probably be 8-8 and it may come down to tiebreakers.