SportsWrath

The Trend...

Nas

Remember how in 2007 we lost to the pats in the regular season but got them in the playoffs... then last year we lost to the packers during the regular season but got them in the playoffs... this year seems we can go either way with the 49ers (we won in the regular season so it's not looking good for the playoffs giving this trend) but I can also look at Atlanta... and if we lose to them in December, then hopefully the trend of rebounding in the playoffs takes hold.

Remember how in 2007 we lost to the pats in the regular season but got them in the playoffs... then last year we lost to the packers during the regular season but got them in the playoffs... this year seems we can go either way with the 49ers (we won in the regular season so it's not looking good for the playoffs giving this trend) but I can also look at Atlanta... and if we lose to them in December, then hopefully the trend of rebounding in the playoffs takes hold.

Interesting point. But we have to remember that "history repeats itself" in human behavior.....not in the NFL.

Atlanta looks tough this year but the Giants are putting more points on the board than they are (so far anyway). While the Giants are averaging giving up 20 pts per game, Atlanta is giving up 18.6 pts per game. Again, meaningless trivia. Suffice it to say that both the Giants and the Falcons have a solid team this year. Atlanta is due for a drubbing though!

Interesting point. But we have to remember that "history repeats itself" in human behavior.....not in the NFL.

Atlanta looks tough this year but the Giants are putting more points on the board than they are (so far anyway). While the Giants are averaging giving up 20 pts per game, Atlanta is giving up 18.6 pts per game. Again, meaningless trivia. Suffice it to say that both the Giants and the Falcons have a solid team this year. Atlanta is due for a drubbing though!

I really wanted to make it to Atl this December but that's in doubt now given my busy schedule and budget.

Atlanta barely beat Oakland and Carolina at home. They sort of made a statement last week in Philadelphia

If we have to go there for the NFC championship l thought about going

hmmm.. you maybe on to something BB25. I will definitely consider going. By then I should have received my 2010 and 2011 (maybe even my 2012 tax refunds) lol... yea it took me forever to file this time around as my taxes has gotten too complicated for me to do them on my own between my Wages, income property (really a loss property lol) and my "consulting firm" from my living room...

Atlanta barely beat Oakland and Carolina at home. They sort of made a statement last week in Philadelphia

You mean the imploding panicking Eagles? I think the Falcons are overrated just like last year. Could be interesting if they one and out again in the playoffs.

"The Trend" is that we suck in the second half of the season, every year.

Let's worry about that trend first.

Yeah, it's spooky this team is not only exactly like past teams, but with the same record. But we also stubled out of the gates in the super bowl years.

My only worry is the red zone inefficiency. It's nice we score alot, but we have got to start finishing long drives with TD's instead of FG's. Awesome cruz is due for a 60 yard td every other week, but 7 minute drives ending with a 34 yard fg is going to catch up with us.

SF was my preseason SB pick, they are the most well rounded team. We're the second most well rounded team in the nfc, our running game is better than we have shown last year and early this year. The fact we handed it to SF rather than winning by a FG or just scraping by bodes well I think,. But GB, SF both have us on their hit list so we will always get their A game in the playoffs.

You mean the imploding panicking Eagles? I think the Falcons are overrated just like last year. Could be interesting if they one and out again in the playoffs.

Ryan and the Falcons have to be under a lot of pressure this season. They really need to win a playoff game this year, probably more than any team in the conference. Getting homefield throughout the playoffs is almost a necessity for them and even if they do seeing a team like the Giants or Packers in that first game wouldn't exactly give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Yeah, it's spooky this team is not only exactly like past teams, but with the same record. But we also stubled out of the gates in the super bowl years.

My only worry is the red zone inefficiency. It's nice we score alot, but we have got to start finishing long drives with TD's instead of FG's. Awesome cruz is due for a 60 yard td every other week, but 7 minute drives ending with a 34 yard fg is going to catch up with us.

SF was my preseason SB pick, they are the most well rounded team. We're the second most well rounded team in the nfc, our running game is better than we have shown last year and early this year. The fact we handed it to SF rather than winning by a FG or just scraping by bodes well I think,. But GB, SF both have us on their hit list so we will always get their A game in the playoffs.

Yes, but.....SF will go nowhere with Alex Smith as quarterback. They have a better chance with Kaepernick.

Yes, but.....SF will go nowhere with Alex Smith as quarterback. They have a better chance with Kaepernick.

Is it just me, or is Kaepernick weird looking across the board?

Dude's got a weird face, plus it's like his legs go up to his nipples.

I think you jinxed the team with this thread Naz.

Actually, you pretty much nailed it. Now we have three weeks or so of really crappy play, only for the guys to get it together later in the season.

Truth be told, we've played so crappy the last couple of weeks it was amazing we were even at 6-2.

What?

we beat that current team, that same exact team, 24-2, just last year. The Falcons are the least of our concerns. Talk about an overachieving team.

The last time we lost to that team was Eli's rookie year, 2004.

I would take the following trend Nas

a) Go 6-2 in the first half

b) Scrape through to 9-7 and win the East

c) Beat GB at home in the Wild Card Game ( as O starts to get on a roll )

d) Go to SF and beat the 49ers at Candlestick again in the Divisional Playoffs ( as our D gets hot )

e) Humiliate Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game at their place ( something like Giants 24 Atlanta 2 would be nice ! )

f ) Oh.......and NE in the Superbowl ...you know the rest !

OK ?

UK

Who was one Jessie Armistead called back INT by Hochufuck from not winning that Supe...Every team in the NFL knew that Trent was good for a gimme TD every third game... lol.

Well, to be fair, as Keith Hamilton was being tackled to the ground by the Guard, his hand DID hit the running back's pad. That's holding, right? :eyeroll:

Well, to be fair, as Keith Hamilton was being tackled to the ground by the Guard, his hand DID hit the running back's pad. That's holding, right? :eyeroll:

Jesus Man...I'm still waiting to see the replay of that one...its locked up tighter than the missing parts of the Zapruder Film....back and to the left... :jerkoff: