SportsWrath

Who?

rphguy

Northwest jersey is chill but the cops suck assholes.

I'm 40 mins from Yankee stadium, 40 mins from NYC, 30 mins from metlife, 30 mins from the pocanos, and about 85 Mins from the jersey shore. It's chill. Low crime, good nugs, High taxes. Bad cops.

I love my Giants but to repeat it'd have to be a miracle. I'd love to beat SF again to make it to the super bowl.... and I want the patriots again... wouldn't mind the Ravens only to avenge the phantom holding call on Keith Hamilton.

Im done beating tom terrific in the big one. I'd like to beat big ben imho.

in my dreams ......Pats again ....and a 3rd MVP for Eli .............( Cruz with a miraculous catch for a TD with 13 seconds to go in te 4th Q )

in reality Packers v Texans perhaps !

Fuck that.. we're going to repeat :flex:

I think any place outside of NYC is sad... kindda hard to think of a place being fun if you're a New Yorker.. everything is a downgrade.

NYC is great and I love going there and catching a ballgame at Yankee stadium or a broadway show or eating out, but I could never live there because of the things in my life that I truly enjoy. I have a river about 200 yards from my house. Sometimes I like to grab my fly rod and catch a couple of trout. Sometimes I take my ultra-lite spinning rod and catch a few walleyes or the occasional bass. On weekends, it's not unusual for me to grab a kayak and float down the river and watch the occasional bald eagle fly overhead or take in the myriad of seasonal flowers and huge variety of birds and animals that hang out on the river. When I feel like playing with my handguns, I simply step out back in my yard and shoot as long as I want. Sometimes I like to shoot trap with my friends and again, I just step out my back door. In the spring, I tap a few dozen Maple trees and boil down a couple gallons of maple syrup. In the fall, I pick apples in the hundreds of orchards close to my home. In the summer, there are the finger lakes to play on and hundreds of wineries to visit (of course, in my case, I give tours...but it's fun to meet all the crazy people that hire me). In the winter, I can choose to go snowmobiling or drive 3 miles to the ski slopes. I like to hunt on occassion and I have deer, turkeys, geese, ducks, grouse, and all kinds of game within a short walk out my back door. During the summer I like to cruise around on my motorcycle or golf....and there's 13 golf courses within a 30 minute ride from my house - three of them are championship courses.....two of them are within 5 minutes of my house. In the evening I can sit on my back porch and listen to the coyotes and the millions of peepers and watch the fireflies light up the night. On the hill behind my house I have an area where I have bonfires and light off fireworks and drink and hoot and holler with friends and family. If I feel the need for culture (doesn't happen a lot), I drive 15 miles to Cornell University or choose to go other directions to either Syracuse or Binghamton to catch live shows or just hang out in the party strips.

That's just a small sample of what it's like to live away from the city in upstate New York.....and it is anything but "sad". And of course, if I want to go to NYC, I simply drive there or take a bus for 25.00 round trip.

NYC is great and I love going there and catching a ballgame at Yankee stadium or a broadway show or eating out, but I could never live there because of the things in my life that I truly enjoy. I have a river about 200 yards from my house. Sometimes I like to grab my fly rod and catch a couple of trout. Sometimes I take my ultra-lite spinning rod and catch a few walleyes or the occasional bass. On weekends, it's not unusual for me to grab a kayak and float down the river and watch the occasional bald eagle fly overhead or take in the myriad of seasonal flowers and huge variety of birds and animals that hang out on the river. When I feel like playing with my handguns, I simply step out back in my yard and shoot as long as I want. Sometimes I like to shoot trap with my friends and again, I just step out my back door. In the spring, I tap a few dozen Maple trees and boil down a couple gallons of maple syrup. In the fall, I pick apples in the hundreds of orchards close to my home. In the summer, there are the finger lakes to play on and hundreds of wineries to visit (of course, in my case, I give tours...but it's fun to meet all the crazy people that hire me). In the winter, I can choose to go snowmobiling or drive 3 miles to the ski slopes. I like to hunt on occassion and I have deer, turkeys, geese, ducks, grouse, and all kinds of game within a short walk out my back door. During the summer I like to cruise around on my motorcycle or golf....and there's 13 golf courses within a 30 minute ride from my house - three of them are championship courses.....two of them are within 5 minutes of my house. In the evening I can sit on my back porch and listen to the coyotes and the millions of peepers and watch the fireflies light up the night. On the hill behind my house I have an area where I have bonfires and light off fireworks and drink and hoot and holler with friends and family. If I feel the need for culture (doesn't happen a lot), I drive 15 miles to Cornell University or choose to go other directions to either Syracuse or Binghamton to catch live shows or just hang out in the party strips.

That's just a small sample of what it's like to live away from the city in upstate New York. And of course, if I want to go to NYC, I simply drive there or take a bus for 25.00 round trip.

Thats why I love Cincinnati... I'm looking into buying a house on about 5 acres, only 20 minutes from downtown. Can't do that 20 minutes from NYC on any budget, let alone mine,

Now, if only Cincinnati were half the city NYC is...

In my nightmare scenario the Giants start 11-0. Then Hakeem Nicks cuts both hands while trying to juggle knives at a party. The Giants limp in to the playoffs and lose to the Cowboys.

You shut your hole. :cwy:

That's just a small sample of what it's like to live away from the city in upstate New York.....and it is anything but "sad". And of course, if I want to go to NYC, I simply drive there or take a bus for 25.00 round trip.

You know.. you're right. I have lived in many places... and now that I remember I hated coming back to NYC after enjoying the peace and quiet of Eastern CT. And as recently as a year ago I dreaded moving back to NYC from long island.. leaving the peace and quiet for noise and sirens etc... I love NYC but I'd love to live far enough where I can enjoy nature (I'm thinking Northern NJ... except for the fucking bridge toll of $12 :angry:) yet I'm close enough to visit at will.

Better to live close to work and travel far on the weekends than the other way 'round.

Yep, I've always moved closer to the job...very close. My commute now is 5 minutes lol.. take away street lights and it's 2 minutes. I even come home for lunch everyday. I just wish the area was a bit quiet... it's obnoxiously on the ghetto side of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Giants but to repeat it'd have to be a miracle. I'd love to beat SF again to make it to the super bowl.... and I want the patriots again... wouldn't mind the Ravens only to avenge the phantom holding call on Keith Hamilton.

was hoping for that last year.

not sure how well baltimore will do without suggs though.

was hoping for that last year.

not sure how well baltimore will do without suggs though.

They will be fine and I think he will be back midseason, they drafted Courtney Upshaw, who will fit right in. They easily win the North.

Giants vs. Pats again...Seems no matter how many times we beat them...we still get no respect. I want to beat them 56-10 this time.

Can the Giants beat any team 56-10? When was the last time the backup QB played?