SportsWrath

Martellus Bennet, is he our future TE?

osi724dasack

Apparently they are smoking what you are, Osi.

It doesn't break the bank, however, so I'm OK with it....

So do we still draft a TE early? Maybe not first round but top 3?

So we can Bennett for 1 yr, $2.5 million, and Carlson gets an average of $5 mil/yr from the Vikes? I think we win this scenario, but we still don't have the long term answer. I still say TE has to be a high priority (round 1 or 2) in the draft so we can get the long term solution here.

I don't think Ballard is our long term answer nor do I see us carrying 4 TEs. If we sign this guy and Pascoe is the only one available in the beginning of the season, I don't see either Beckum or Ballard even making the roster as I don't see us not drafting a TE.

Yeah, we'll cut ballard or beckum. I never thought we'd carry 4.

I'll still stand by what I said.

The guy has alot of talent but is dumber then a sack of bricks.

Hopefully the mental errors dont stack up and he can live up to the potential that he had in Dallas.

Like Mario Manningham? He did ok.

Me and Reese think alike.

I swear, whatever I want him to do, he usually does it.

Phillips

Nicks

prince

I wanted all those guys.

I'll Admit I wanted spoon over JPP. But I trusted Reese on the pick.

We smoke the same stuff

Ballard and Beckum... Ballard has been resigned so I wouldn't say that. Both players will be on PUP to begin the year so it won't matter, as they won't count on the 53 man roster to open the season. So yes, they can still be on the team, while Bennett is there, Pascoe is there, and hopefully Colby Fleener, too. If by week 7 or so all TE's are healthy, they could get cut at that time, or who knows? They could be stepping in for someone who would be on IR at that point. Not something to worry about right now.

@Giants: Martellus Bennett will wear #89

TE Martellus Bennett will wear No. 89, the team announced. Kevin Boss' old jersey has been kind of a hot-potato number lately. Ben Patrick had it for a few days before retiring and TE Ryan Purvis, signed last month, was scheduled to wear it until Bennett just swiped it from him.
:05-mafia: :LMAO:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/03/giants_sign_former_washington.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg