SportsWrath

Martellus Bennet, is he our future TE?

osi724dasack

Storm- Ya, but that catch and run and the one in the Falcons game, the defenders looked like they were in slow motion. That was some of the most awful tackling and pursuit I have ever seen in football, let alone the playoffs. Looking back the Falcons did not stand a chance against us and probably didn't deserve to be there.

Cruz actually makes people miss. He's definitely the better YAC receiver.

But I put Nicks' Dirty Bird right up there with Cruz's salsa.

Literally ran right by everyone untouched. Pathetic for the Falcons, lol.

COMPLETELY innocent post

Osi- Actually, your much worse then Nas.

Nas knows when he's wrong, and accepts defeat. You just argue for the sake of arguing and really don't know your place.

Were you pissed I didn't respond to the two dumbass posts you wrote before that pleading with me to see things your way? Is that what set you off? Because what you did just there is ACTUALLY being an arrogant cocksucker.

That's an admirable trait for anyone.

Wow...and here I thought I'd find some info on TEs and all there is here is a big ol' pile of twisted panties.

that was the first page, bro. Then, when people realize how bad of an idea it was, it became about anything other than Martellus Bennett as the answer to our tight end woes.

that was the first page, bro. Then, when people realize how bad of an idea it was, it became about anything other than Martellus Bennett as the answer to our tight end woes.

Yeah, maybe I thought some folks would grow the fuck up, not devote 3 additional pages, of a (apologies SW creators, mods, etc) sparsely frequented message board, to petty banter about how stupid one thought the other was and actually return the thread to the topic at hand. So yeah, I read through it all.

That said, I agree that Marcellus Bennett is not the answer. I like Fleener or Allen in the first round of the draft coupled with a FA that can hold the fort for the first 4-6 weeks of the season, to ensure that Ballard has a chance to fully recover. Then, we can go on in the season with Pascoe, Ballard, draft pick. I think Beckum was on his way out regardless and that whatever FA we sign to hold the fort, will be cut once Ballard returns to the lineup.

Dude stop replying to me

It's over, I don't care about anything you say, so stop caring what I say. If I'm such an idiot then why reply? Just grow up man, lol you really do have some issues. Just stop wasting your time. This is a football board not a physcopath board.

gmenroc, Ballard is a free agent... can't remember if he's unrestricted or restricted. But I'm thinking he might not get a contract until he's healthy. If he does, he's going on PUP anyway, and that means he misses the first 6 weeks of the season, minimum.

Pascoe, draft pick, and free agent, that is what is going to have to be done. Look for a veteran free agent that would come relatively cheap. Someone like Anthony Becht, Joel Dreesen, or Jacob Tamme to be a Giant. If Peyton likes Tamme, and the Colts don't offer him a contract, I could see him becoming a Giant. Becht spent 5 seasons with the Jets, so he may want to sign back here if he has any local ties at all, like a house here already or something.

gmenroc, Ballard is a free agent... can't remember if he's unrestricted or restricted. But I'm thinking he might not get a contract until he's healthy. If he does, he's going on PUP anyway, and that means he misses the first 6 weeks of the season, minimum.

Pascoe, draft pick, and free agent, that is what is going to have to be done. Look for a veteran free agent that would come relatively cheap. Someone like Anthony Becht, Joel Dreesen, or Jacob Tamme to be a Giant. If Peyton likes Tamme, and the Colts don't offer him a contract, I could see him becoming a Giant. Becht spent 5 seasons with the Jets, so he may want to sign back here if he has any local ties at all, like a house here already or something.

I was going off the assumption that Ballard was restricted. If so, he has done enough for them to put a 3rd round tender on him. So, if another team does sign him, we'd get their 3rd. If not, he'd be back with us for at least another season. Then, when healthy, he could get extended/re-signed.

I think too, that the first few weeks, we could potentially survive with a 2 TE rotation.

Dude stop replying to me

It's over, I don't care about anything you say, so stop caring what I say. If I'm such an idiot then why reply? Just grow up man, lol you really do have some issues. Just stop wasting your time. This is a football board not a physcopath board.

Grow up, says the weed-smoking, A&P shelf-stocker.

I was going off the assumption that Ballard was restricted. If so, he has done enough for them to put a 3rd round tender on him. So, if another

team does sign him, we'd get their 3rd. If not,

he'd be back with us for at least another season.

Then, when healthy, he could get extended/re-

signed.

I think too, that the first few weeks, we could

potentially survive with a 2 TE rotation.

Yea TE is certainly a huge need for us.

Ballard is pretty much done for 2012, well atleast that's how you gotta approach it. Same for Beckum.

There both starting on pup and I would draft one and sign one like you said. Maybe Kellen Winslow JR? Lol I doubt it, but I'd prefer we sign a legit blocking TE and draft an all around 2 way TE prospect.

Yeah, maybe I thought some folks would grow the fuck up, not devote 3 additional pages, of a (apologies SW creators, mods, etc) sparsely frequented message board, to petty banter about how stupid one thought the other was and actually return the thread to the topic at hand. So yeah, I read through it all.

That said, I agree that Marcellus Bennett is not the answer. I like Fleener or Allen in the first round of the draft coupled with a FA that can hold the fort for the first 4-6 weeks of the season, to ensure that Ballard has a chance to fully recover. Then, we can go on in the season with Pascoe, Ballard, draft pick. I think Beckum was on his way out regardless and that whatever FA we sign to hold the fort, will be cut once Ballard returns to the lineup.

It's the off-season gmen.. things can get boring around... Osi and Storm.. have it it :girlfight:

Oh my, I gotta go back and read that, sounds hilarious!

ya, it was the same ole same ole, then he busted out something about nas and i, and i said at least Nas is kind of shaped like a girl....and that he can keep his big, burly Antrel Rolle....then he talked about him and Rolle "beasting it" or something.

ya, it was the same ole same ole, then he busted out something about nas and i, and i said at least Nas is kind of shaped like a girl....and that he can keep his big, burly Antrel Rolle....then he talked about him and Rolle "beasting it" or something.

He didnt end that paragraph with...."and we'd be so mad high!!!"?

I was going off the assumption that Ballard was restricted. If so, he has done enough for them to put a 3rd round tender on him. So, if another team does sign him, we'd get their 3rd. If not, he'd be back with us for at least another season. Then, when healthy, he could get extended/re-signed.

I think too, that the first few weeks, we could potentially survive with a 2 TE rotation.

Yeah but it's not the first few weeks... it's SIX weeks, and that means the player cannot practice AT ALL for the first 6 weeks of the season... and that means that Ballard really won't realistically be available to play until about week 9, MAYBE week 8 at the earliest. We lost two tight ends in the Super Bowl. There is no way we can go into the season with just two TE's, especially since one of them is also the back up fullback.

They've done this before. They will make a "plug-the-hole" signing like they intended the Brandon Stokley signing to be last year, and they will move on. Somebody not very heralded, but a veteran with a good reputation. And they will go from there. And there's no reason to not pick someone up in the draft to be the starter at the position. Ballard had a pretty good year but he is slow and the Giants could easily upgrade the position.

Yeah but it's not the first few weeks... it's SIX weeks, and that means the player cannot practice AT ALL for the first 6 weeks of the season... and that means that Ballard really won't realistically be available to play until about week 9, MAYBE week 8 at the earliest. We lost two tight ends in the Super Bowl. There is no way we can go into the season with just two TE's, especially since one of them is also the back up fullback.

They've done this before. They will make a "plug-the-hole" signing like they intended the Brandon Stokley signing to be last year, and they will move on. Somebody not very heralded, but a veteran with a good reputation. And they will go from there. And there's no reason to not pick someone up in the draft to be the starter at the position. Ballard had a pretty good year but he is slow and the Giants could easily upgrade the position.

Pup list doesn't include preseason games or is it regular season only? I was suggesting the 2 TEs as a last case scenario due to it being quite a risky decision. I like the draft one/sign one approach myself.

Pup list doesn't include preseason games or is it regular season only? I was suggesting the 2 TEs as a last case scenario due to it being quite a risky decision. I like the draft one/sign one approach myself.

PUP means you can't do anything, no practices, nothing... from the time camp opens. Literally no football activity. That was the reason Amukamara couldn't be placed on PUP. He injured his foot in the first practice of camp, so was ineligible to be placed on PUP. The only thing Ballard will be able to do is rehab and study the playbook.

^ that's 100% correct.

In other news, Dwayne Allen will likely fall in the draft due to his slow 4.89 and 4.78 40 times. So we can likely have him if we want him.

Fleener did Not run due to his ankle injury but he put up 27 reps of 225 and i think he measured at 6-6.

Ladarius Green is a guy who's 6-6 240 and runs a 4.4 and could be the next scary tigh end. But he's raw and unproven. He gives his routes away to the defense to soon, lacks bulk and strength, and isn't a good blocker yet. He had all the talent and if we can get him in the 5th round We can get a steal. Kid can't start yet, but if we sign a cheap vet TE, and use Green as the 2 guy and use him in passing situations, with Pascoe as the rover. The giants can probly coach this kid up and get him to flash his potential real soon, especially with Eli. Reward outweighs risk if we pick him late. It is a little risky not gonna lie, but maybe he's the next Jimmy Graham.