SportsWrath

Martellus Bennet, is he our future TE?

osi724dasack

Dude, if we get Bennet as our starter, and then Ballard comes back, we'll have a nice little TE tandem with Pascoe as the the 3rd.

Most definitely, hopefully Ballard can come

Back healthy at some point next year, I think Beckum maybe cut.

I can still see us drafting a TE, signing a cheap vet or just going in with Bennet, Pascoe, plus that practice squad guy. Then adding Ballard in when he comes off pup week 6.

I wouldn't be terribly excited, but that's not to say I'd be upset.

Lot's of potential.

Yea same, I think coach Pope can get that potential out of him though.

He had a talk on the field with Bennet after the two games against Dallas this year. So they already have some sort of an established relationship.

Yea same, I think coach Pope can get that potential out of him though.

He had a talk on the field with Bennet after the two games against Dallas this year. So they already have some sort of an established relationship.

LOL...I wouldnt call that an established relationship. But you are right about Pope being a good coach who can get more out of him than dallas did.

PDub, I agree at this point its more potential than anything. But since we rely on our WRs more than TE's like dallas does, its almost a given that a physical speciman like Bennett would fit into our system.

Plus Eli made a relatively unknown Jake Ballard into an Sportswrath-avatar worthy player.

Ultimately I think Eli will be able to work with whoever we end up with.

Oh yeah, the Ballatar, how could I forget?

Not as good as your Bossatar though.

Dude, if we get Bennet as our starter, and then Ballard comes back, we'll have a nice little TE tandem with Pascoe as the the 3rd.

I don't think Ballard is our long term answer nor do I see us carrying 4 TEs. If we sign this guy and Pascoe is the only one available in the beginning of the season, I don't see either Beckum or Ballard even making the roster as I don't see us not drafting a TE.

I'll still stand by what I said.

The guy has alot of talent but is dumber then a sack of bricks.

Hopefully the mental errors dont stack up and he can live up to the potential that he had in

Dallas.

Truth.

But I think Eli, coach pope and TC will coach him up to his potential, plus being surrounded by a lockerroom full of winners maybe a breath of fresh air for the dude .

He never really got a fulltime chance since Witten was ahead of him.

But at just 25 years old, it's like buying A 1st round pick.

Good call Osi. I didnt really pay much attention to Bennett, but after reading up on him, I think he would fit the Giants far better than he fit with the cowcraps. I want this guy.

And I read on either ESPN or NFL.com, that we may sign 2 FA TEs. Anyone else see or hear this?

I heard rumblings of John Carlsson from the hawks, which I think would be a good pick up.

I loved Seph's "I rally for Bally" phase. However, his "I ball for Pierre-Paul" was facebook worthy, and I completely ripped off him a few times.

Anyways, it gives light to the fact when he catches a TD against a team we can all go "Bennett says you can let off some steam"

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Vikings reached agreement with former Seahawks tight end John Carslon on a five-year, $25 million deal.

Just saw on espn that he cut his meeting short with KC to head to Minnesota where he was expected to sign. Didn't think we were in the market for any big name TE...just someone to hold the fort until Ballard comes back and a draft pick develops.