SportsWrath

Martellus Bennet, is he our future TE?

osi724dasack

I saw a few mock drafts that had the Broncos taking this guy. If we dont get him, I want Glenn out of Georgia for the Oline.

He's projected as a 1st? Damn, was hoping he'd be there in the 2nd.

Havnt researched him alot but apparently hes a great blocker already with all the physical tools to be a really good receiver.

I'm starting to really like Dwayne Allen from Clemson.

i am too. he seems to have a nice pair of hands on him

mcshay's mock had the stanford TE going ahead of him in the 20's i think and us taking him at 32 but i saw a few TE rankings that had him as #1

He's projected as a 1st? Damn, was hoping he'd be there in the 2nd.

Havnt researched him alot but apparently hes a great blocker already with all the physical tools to be a really good receiver.

On a few draft boards he was. I was surprised as well. Not alot of TEs go in the 1st round.

mcshay's mock had the stanford TE going ahead of him in the 20's i think and us taking him at 32 but i saw a few TE rankings that had him as #1

Yup just saw this, I saw that mock. I'd be mildly displeased with a TE in round 1 but in Reese I trust.

On a few draft boards he was. I was surprised as well. Not alot of TEs go in the 1st round.

Yea im seeing this now, looks like hell go anywhere from 20-40 range. He will probably have a stellar combine as well so his stock

Is rising.

Yup just saw this, I saw that mock. I'd be mildly displeased with a TE in round 1 but in Reese I trust.

Yea im seeing this now, looks like hell go anywhere from 20-40 range. He will probably have a stellar combine as well so his stock

Is rising.

I wouldnt be too upset if we took him first, but I really dont want to use a high draft pick on a TE. I think we can get a decent to good one in either the later rounds, via free agency or find a diamond in the rough on our roster. Especially since Gilbride doesnt utilize the TE position much.

I'm guessing you speak from experience.

I wouldnt be too upset if we took him first, but I really dont want to use a high draft pick on a TE. I think we can get a decent to good one in either the later rounds, via free agency or find a diamond in the rough on our roster. Especially since Gilbride doesnt utilize the TE position much.

that's a good point, Hynoski gets more touches then the TE. We could have Gronk or Graham and they would only have 25 catches in our O. I said the same thing you did offensive line, I picked Cordy Glenn, just cause of his versatility if he is there. I wouldn't mind Mike Adams out of Ohio St, I think I am now leaning more towards Adams actually, he is flying up boards though, so at 32 we might not get him.

I thin the Giants go OL with BPA available in the 1st.

We did draft Brewer last year, who is raw but they have been working with him all year. Beatty I think can be a top 5 LT, Diehl should move to right tackle and I like Petrus, who should start at LG.

I like Beatty and his athleticism to keep those speed rushers in front of him. But I think he still needs to add more strength and I think he lacks a meanstreak that you need as an OL. He's starter quality IMO but idk about top 5.

Brewer has really good potential as well.

We did draft Brewer last year, who is raw but they have been working with him all year. Beatty I think can be a top 5 LT, Diehl should move to right tackle and I like Petrus, who should start at LG.

Am I the only one who thinks a Baas is a downgrade from a healthy O'Hara?

Am I the only one who thinks a Baas is a downgrade from a healthy O'Hara?

Nope....I also don't like Baas, and thought Boothe did a much better job in the middle, even with the snapping issues.

I really like McKenzie and he's been a rock at RT for years but I just don't think he has the speed anymore to contend with the DE's in the league right now...I'm not super high on Beatty, and for my money I'd like to see Diehl at LT and Beatty moved to RT, as I don't trust him on Eli's blindside. (Assuming obviously that Beatty could make such a switch, Diehl has shown that flexibilty but I don't know about Beatty)

My line next year, with the same personnel, would be Diehl, Petrus, Boothe, Snee, Beatty....but I can live with Boothe playing LG and Baas at center, as well as Diehl and Beatty being reversed.

God help them if they move Diehl back to guard, the dude was getting killed inside this year. Absolutely killed. He's so much better on the outside than inside it's a no-brainer.

-Z

Z

If Ohara is better then Baas, then why did nobody in the whole NFL sign him? Even after a few workouts with the dolphins? The dudes ankle was fried.

Osi no doubt...the operating word in Nas's statement was that Baas is a downgrade from a healthy O'Hara.

-Z

Nope....I also don't like Baas, and thought Boothe did a much better job in the middle, even with the snapping issues.

I really like McKenzie and he's been a rock at RT for years but I just don't think he has the speed anymore to contend with the DE's in the league right now...I'm not super high on Beatty, and for my money I'd like to see Diehl at LT and Beatty moved to RT, as I don't trust him on Eli's blindside. (Assuming obviously that Beatty could make such a switch, Diehl has shown that flexibilty but I don't know about Beatty)

My line next year, with the same personnel, would be Diehl, Petrus, Boothe, Snee, Beatty....but I can live with Boothe playing LG and Baas at center, as well as Diehl and Beatty being reversed.

God help them if they move Diehl back to guard, the dude was getting killed inside this year. Absolutely killed. He's so much better on the outside than inside it's a no-brainer.

-Z

I agree

-Z

Agreed with the exception is Beaty will have more experience and may be better than Diehl at LT.

And a HEALTHY Baas is a good player, too. He played with a concussion, and neck issues earlier in the season. When he got healthy for the playoff run, he was very, very effective.

Jim I know you did a lot of analysis. Have you re-watched the SB and seen what the Pats were doing with Wilfork? My biggest fear going into the game was the Wilfork/Baas matchup and Wilfork was silent all game and all I remember analysis-wise was the commentators pointed out that the right side of the line was the stronger side for the Giants and that the Pats were basically sending Wilfork at Snee to take away the right side.

I remember thinking that was a dumb strategy because Snee can handle Wilfork and whereas I think Baas would've been eaten alive. I honestly didn't pay attention tot hat matchup the rest of the game. Did the Patriots stick with that or was Wilfork silent even going against Baas?

-Z