SportsWrath

Martellus Bennet, is he our future TE?

osi724dasack

And a HEALTHY Baas is a good player, too. He played with a concussion, and neck issues earlier in the season. When he got healthy for the playoff run, he was very, very effective.

A healthy O'Hara was far more effective than a healthy Baas... Some of it is just the physical stature.. shorter guys tend to have more leverage when it comes to that line play... they can get lower and are harder to move than taller guys.

I think that's debatable, Nas. I also think we've seen so little of a healthy Baas that making that call is premature.

I will say that O'Hara is about to turn 35. Baas is 4+ years his junior.

I definitely can empathize with migraine headaches... it's just even when he was healthy our Running Game sucked balls.

I definitely can empathize with migraine headaches... it's just even when he was healthy our Running Game sucked balls.

That's true, remember though that this occurred with Diehl playing left guard, which was terrible. I still don't think a lot of people know just how bad Diehl was in that position. It's like he was getting blown up every play. And early in the year, Hynoski was playing like a rookie, and Ballard was cutting his teeth as a blocker as well. It only takes 1 guy to miss a block or get beat by his assignment for a run play to fail.

I'm just saying, Baas, when he wasn't dealing with the head and neck stuff, is a lot better than what most people give him credit for. I remember reading all kinds of criticism of Baas and people saying he sucked early in the year... when I re-watched the game and was watching what was happening on the line, it was Diehl that was getting dominated and Baas was playing pretty well... I think a lot of the negative opinions on Baas developed because he was the new guy, and all people were seeing is insufficient blocking for running backs and pass protection, too. And nobody wanted to call Diehl the problem because he's been one of the consummate teammates and a great Giant for a long time. But the tape didn't lie... Baas wasn't playing like an All-Pro, but he was holding up pretty good... it was his line mate to his left that was making the whole squad look bad.

I'm just saying, Baas, when he wasn't dealing with the head and neck stuff, is a lot better than what most people give him credit for. I remember reading all kinds of criticism of Baas and people saying he sucked early in the year... when I re-watched the game and was watching what was happening on the line, it was Diehl that was getting dominated and Baas was playing pretty well... I think a lot of the negative opinions on Baas developed because he was the new guy, and all people were seeing is insufficient blocking for running backs and pass protection, too. And nobody wanted to call Diehl the problem because he's been one of the consummate teammates and a great Giant for a long time. But the tape didn't lie... Baas wasn't playing like an All-Pro, but he was holding up pretty good... it was his line mate to his left that was making the whole squad look bad.

Jim... it was when Baas left the game and Boothe played C that we started running the ball half way decent... however I trust your judgement on this and I hope Baas is as solid as you make him out about to be... I'm a Giant fan afterall and will root for the guy...

Having said that I hope to see Mitch Petru start next season... and Trust Beatty will be even better than he showed... I can see Diehl playing at RT although I'm nto sure how good he will be and I don't see Mckenzie returning...

Jim... it was when Baas left the game and Boothe played C that we started running the ball half way decent... however I trust your judgement on this and I hope Baas is as solid as you make him out about to be... I'm a Giant fan afterall and will root for the guy...

Having said that I hope to see Mitch Petru start next season... and Trust Beatty will be even better than he showed... I can see Diehl playing at RT although I'm nto sure how good he will be and I don't see Mckenzie returning...

Yes, I think we will be in good shape, man. I do think Boothe will be our LG next year and Petrus will be the backup that will move into a starting role if Boothe, Snee, or Baas gets hurt. I also think Diehl will go to RT. We'll see what happens. I'm more worried about getting a good TE and RB than the offensive line, though.

Jim I know you did a lot of analysis. Have you re-watched the SB and seen what the Pats were doing with Wilfork? My biggest fear going into the game was the Wilfork/Baas matchup and Wilfork was silent all game and all I remember analysis-wise was the commentators pointed out that the right side of the line was the stronger side for the Giants and that the Pats were basically sending Wilfork at Snee to take away the right side.

I remember thinking that was a dumb strategy because Snee can handle Wilfork and whereas I think Baas would've been eaten alive. I honestly didn't pay attention tot hat matchup the rest of the game. Did the Patriots stick with that or was Wilfork silent even going against Baas?

-Z

Hey Z, sorry, I never answered your question. I have re-watched the Super Bowl and was watching with a critical eye a bit, but it was mostly watching for enjoyment, again. Now I know what you are referring to, with Snee on Wilfork, but I believe that was only occasionally. I know Boothe was on him a lot at LG and I thought Boothe blocked him quite well, even 1 on 1. I think most people think Wilfork and Baas is the natural matchup, being that Vince is a NT in a 3-4. But most of the time, Wilfork is matched up against a Guard, and more often against the opponent's left guard, at that. If I re-watch again any time soon I will look more carefully at the interior line play and how Wilfork was lined up on each snap. I did see twice that Spikes came on a blitz up the middle and he ran into Baas with a lot of speed and acceleration behind him, and Baas stood him up and absorbed the blow quite nicely. I was pretty impressed how he stoned him like that.

Yes, I think we will be in good shape, man. I do think Boothe will be our LG next year and Petrus will be the backup that will move into a starting role if Boothe, Snee, or Baas gets hurt. I also think Diehl will go to RT. We'll see what happens. I'm more worried about getting a good TE and RB than the offensive line, though.

I am really sold on Fleener, after watching more highlights. Round two hoping for Doug Martin out of Boise St. I think we might look at getting CB depth and Oline depth after that.

Hey Z, sorry, I never answered your question. I have re-watched the Super Bowl and was watching with a critical eye a bit, but it was mostly watching for enjoyment, again. Now I know what you are referring to, with Snee on Wilfork, but I believe that was only occasionally. I know Boothe was on him a lot at LG and I thought Boothe blocked him quite well, even 1 on 1. I think most people think Wilfork and Baas is the natural matchup, being that Vince is a NT in a 3-4. But most of the time, Wilfork is matched up against a Guard, and more often against the opponent's left guard, at that. If I re-watch again any time soon I will look more carefully at the interior line play and how Wilfork was lined up on each snap. I did see twice that Spikes came on a blitz up the middle and he ran into Baas with a lot of speed and acceleration behind him, and Baas stood him up and absorbed the blow quite nicely. I was pretty impressed how he stoned him like that.

There was one blitz by a Patsie lineman when he was coming in full force and got rocked back. Or was that the 69'er game? Can't remember but it was Boothe or Baas who did it.

ya know what, bro? Kids gloves are off. I wasn't going to bother because you looked stupid enough and no one agreed with you but fuck it.

This is one of the fucking stupidest ideas I have ever heard on here.

1. He's probably WORSE than fucking Travis Beckum

2. He is NOT a Giants type player. You even said it, he's lazy and uncoachable. Not Giant material.

3, and most importantly, none of the descriptors you used about his game are even remotely true!

4. He can't even understand the Cowboys cookie-cutter offense, how would he EVER understand ours?

Haha this guy!!

You have some serious anger issues.

And I didn't think it was that stupid of an idea, especially since it's just innocent offseason talk, never said "let's sign this guy" lol your crazy.

Your ideas are always the best aren't they? Haha go smoke some weed and get laid kid! Lifes to short to start insulting others on a message board for pretty much no reason. Idk why I even bother looking at what you post, it's all arrogance and stupidity. Wow it's almost 4 am lol time for bed.

Btw do me a huge favor and put me on ignore.

Of course you didn't think it was that stupid of an idea. You're a fucking tard.

And let's think about again who started with the insults and the talking down to people bullshit that you always do? I can copy and paste the post for you, since you probably don't understand what I'm talking about.

Storm- Ya, but that catch and run and the one in the Falcons game, the defenders looked like they were in slow motion. That was some of the most awful tackling and pursuit I have ever seen in football, let alone the playoffs. Looking back the Falcons did not stand a chance against us and probably didn't deserve to be there.

Cruz actually makes people miss. He's definitely the better YAC receiver.

But I put Nicks' Dirty Bird right up there with Cruz's salsa.

Literally ran right by everyone untouched. Pathetic for the Falcons, lol.

COMPLETELY innocent post

Osi- Actually, your much worse then Nas.

Nas knows when he's wrong, and accepts defeat. You just argue for the sake of arguing and really don't know your place.

Were you pissed I didn't respond to the two dumbass posts you wrote before that pleading with me to see things your way? Is that what set you off? Because what you did just there is ACTUALLY being an arrogant cocksucker.

So don't get it twisted, BRO. I did nothing to your punk ass.

Nope your always innocent.

My punk ass is getting sleepy.

How about you put me on your ignore list? This way you don't have to read my "stupid" or "punk ass" posts.

It will save you the raging anger that you get when you read my posts. Lmao.

Just put me on ignore, I'd really think it'd be best for both parties. Especially since I won't bs taking you seriously anymore. Lol

admit it bro, you went cherry picking to get me to respond to you. Pathetic.

You know they call that narcissism, right? Look it up, I'm sure you'll find a lot of similarities with yourself.

I'm not always right, but I will always feel strongly about my opinions and your own opinions, which always lack any kind of information to back them up and are illogical, aren't going to make me bow to your retarded ass and change my mind. Apparently, that doesn't register with you.

But when the only articulate ideas that come out of your posts are "lol" "LMAO!!!!" and "weed", I can't honestly expect anymore from you.

and speaking of taking things seriously, there has not been a single day where I ever took you seriously. So that puts me 1 up on you. "LMAO"

maybe you should just smoke some weed and go to bed, "LOL"