SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese

Sephiroth

...is it too early for this shit?

You run the Giants. Here's the deal: You get to draft whomever you like, and get to sign three "name" free-agents. One free agent can be a Pro Bowler or borderline All Pro guy... think an Antrel Rolle or Corey Webster type.

You get two players that are good, solid role-player guys... around the caliber of an Ahmad Bradshaw or a Chris Canty... not going to set the world on fire, but will make some good plays for you.

You can sign whatever lunch-pail guys you want... all the Jake Ballards and Domenik Hixons you want.

Also, you get to run the draft... who would you take with the top two picks?

Guest StrahansGap

I don't know, but after this win....you might start seeing a bunch of players wanting to come to the Giants. Coughlin has proven himself to be a great motivational and inspirational coach, and Eli has proven himself to everyone in the world that he is a winner, a leader, and a true champion in every sense of the word. People naturally gravitate towards leaders like Eli and TC. The cat is out of the bag and I truly think this core of coaches and players are in the early stages of a dynasty.

First we have to sign our own... Cruz, Manningham, Jacobs... after seeing who stays and who goes, then it's on to FA but when it comes to the draft, we're ripe for a stud Patrick Willis.. Ray Lewis type LB. Defense wins championships. I'm no expert on college football.. I differ to the Trio of Fish-Jim-BB25 for their expertise.

i still take burfict in the draft.

i think our vets can get his ass in line. if not then whatever we start either goff or blackburn again. win win.

2nd round i take de chandler jones from syracuse because you can never have enough pass rushers, hes from my town, and hes from cuse.

First we have to sign our own... Cruz, Manningham, Jacobs... after seeing who stays and who goes, then it's on to FA but when it comes to the draft, we're ripe for a stud Patrick Willis.. Ray Lewis type LB. Defense wins championships. I'm no expert on college football.. I differ to the Trio of Fish-Jim-BB25 for their expertise.

Me, I'm surprised like hell if manningham and jacobs are giants next year, just can't see it.

Me, I'm surprised like hell if manningham and jacobs are giants next year, just can't see it.

Yea it really sucks since I love both these players but Manningham will likely get a really nice deal elsewhere, and Jacobs production can be replaced for a much cheaper player. And we need the cap room.

WR: I think JJ, Thomas, Barden are the frontrunners for the 3rd WR job next year. Or a mid to late round signing. Or potentially Steve Smith or Plaxico for cheap!!

I think Osi either stays for another year or gets moved for a high draft pick. I think at $3.9 mill and being a premiere pass rusher that it's a no brainer to keep a $ hungry Osi on the roster in a contract year (big sack numbers) he will help our chance at a repeat and we should draft a DE in round 3-5 that has high upside, so we can potentially have a nice replacement for Osi as a 3rd down threat.

I would avoid upgrading LB unless we can get a stud via draft. I'd look into the late rounds again and try to get another Jaquain Williams type steal. But if all else fails I'd be confident with our SB champion Lb squad returning. Add a vet, re-sign Goff. Keep Blackburn as a backup/STer. Somones getting cut though for sure.

Cb is a huge ?. Webster is staying put and is a stud. Prince looks promising and could take the #2 job. Ross is likely gone. T2 should stay, but I have doubts he can Bounce back to his former self. This is why I'd look into a CB this draft or sign a bargain CB for depth. Witherspoon and Bruce Johnson plus Tryon should all get camp invites for the dimeback spot.

Saftey. Antrel Rolle moves out of the nickel and plays conventional FS, Kp21 at SS all day!!! Deon Grant will likely retire or be let go. Sash is no stud and Jones might be fried, so we should sign a nice player to play the deon grant roll of 2010.

DT: Canty and Linval will return but all of our depth is set to be let go (Rocky, Kennedy) luckily a young stud will be unleashed!!! MaRVIn AUSTIn!!!

OL: this is tricky

Let KMac walk, move Diehl to RT, keep Snee and baas put, Boothe and Letrus compete for LG, and Beatty, Brewer compete for LT. Draft OL if there's good value. Maybe look into signing Carl Nicks.

TE: this position is a mess now that Ballard and Beckum are doubtful to be ready for 2012 since they tore there AcLs in February. I don't know what We can do here, however I'm sure we can get a mediocre TE in FA or maybe even a

Stud via draft.

RB: 2 words

Lamar Miller. Draft him at 32 if he's BPA. This guy is a stud. From The U. Draws Adrian Peterson comparisons. Jacobs is sadly gonna be cut : (. Dj ware is nothing special, by he will be back. Maybe Scotts the answer? Bradshaw can't stay healthy but i love the guy and he's affordable/ effective.

Here's what I think I'd do:

Pro-Bowl type guy: I'd go after Stephen Tulloch really hard. That guy is a playmaker and he'd not only strengthen the Giants D, but he'd weaken a conference rival too (we're gonna be competing for playoff spots with Detroit for the next few years I think). If I couldn't get Tulloch the next guy I'd try to sign would be Marshawn Lynch. Jacobs is going to be gone and Lynch's best days are ahead of him still... the light seems to have finally gone on for that guy.

Solid role-players: If we didn't land Tulloch the next guy I'd go after is D'Qwell Jackson. He gets hurt a lot, but he's better than any of our three linebackers... at about the level of a Boley. Keep Chase for insurance at the three spots and grab D'Qwell in FA. If we did get Tulloch I'd love to see Peyton Hillis in blue... guy will do everything that Jacobs did and more, and he wants OUT of Cleveland in the worst way. We could probably get him on the cheap. Another option is Jared Gaither from the Ravens... seems like he's been in the league forever but he's still only 26, can play on the right or left side of the line, and is an upgrade over McKenzie or Diehl.

Other guys: We're going to need help at TE, with Ballard suffering a torn ACL and Beckum being Travis Beckum. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a John Carlson, but if his price is too high I'd love to see Jacob Tamme, Martellus Bennett (good blocker), or Visanthe Shiancoe return to the team. At RB I'd love to see Michael Bush come here (not sure if he's a little better than I'm rating him though). At RB we could probably also pick up a LaRon McClain or Jason Snelling on the cheap.

Draft: For the G-men it's probably best player available. However, I'd love to see them take a punishing, road-grating Guard that can be worked into the lineup, letting Diehl compete for either the LT or RT spot. Quality guys like that can be had at the end of the first round, too. I'd also be happy with an athletic, pass-catching TE in the first or an every-down back. In the second I'd like to see them get a sideline-to-sideline linebacker... have him come in and hopefully compete for a starting job, especially if we can't pick anyone up in FA.

No way they sign Manningham. And what about Osi?

TE: this position is a mess now that Ballard and Beckum are doubtful to be ready for 2012 since they tore there AcLs in February. I don't know what We can do here, however I'm sure we can get a mediocre TE in FA or maybe even a

Stud via draft.

bad year to be needing at TE.

After the way 2011 played out, just about every team in the league will be looking at TEs

OLine - I think that we need to upgrade at OT. McKenzie walks. I like Jared Gaither (SD) and Demetrius Bell (Buf) in free agency. D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Joe Staley would both be nice, but probably too pricey. That said, with the uncertainty with Beatty, spending the extra might be okay. Either way, I think we need depth too come draft day.

QB - I think resigning David Carr or picking up David Garrard or Sage Rosenfels cheap in FA wouldn't be a bad idea.

RB - If Jacobs goes, I wouldn't mind replacing him in FA with BJGE (NE), Mike Tolbert (SD), Peyton Hillis (Cle), Michael Bush (Oak), or Tim Hightower (Wash). These guys are all either coming off injuries, coming off less than stellar seasons, or they're not abundantly crucial to their team. There are enough RBs in FA this offseason that I think it'd be a good idea to grab one. Again, if Jacobs is released for some reason. I like a RB in the draft as well. I'm sick of DJ Ware and am ready to see him go.

MLB - Stephen Tulloch (DET), Curtis Loften (Atl), Johnathon Goff (NYG), Chase Blackburn (NYG)...I think that one of these guys should be signed. I think too that we've seen enough of J.Williams to keep him. Greg Jones, I'm not ready to give up on. And I don't want to see Blackburn go. Boley and Kiwi are clearly starters. So we have a HUGE competition for the 3rd spot between Williams, Jones, Paysinger, and hopefully Blackburn and Goff. Not all are coming back I don't think. I've listed Tulloch and Loften in case we want a clear number one.

WR - I'd love to see Manningham back, but he seems to be on his way to a payday. Laurent Robinson (Dal), Robert Meachem (NO), Marques Colston (NO) could all easily step in...but they're all #1 or #2 type guys. Then again, so is Manningham.

CB - Terrell Thomas is our biggest offseason signing in my opinion. I think Michael Coe should be back as well. And I actually like Aaron Ross as our 3rd/4th CB...so I hope he is re-signed as well. I think with Prince coming up through as well, a full season, a full offseason, we'll see him improve drastically as well.

TE - I think we address through the draft and re-sign Bear Pascoe.

G, C, DE, DT, OLB, S -- I think we're pretty good right now. I think that Sash should be able to step in where Deon Grant left off at this point. KP and AR...I'll take that combo. Dave Tollefson, I love the guy, but I could see him being unsigned unless he comes in at vet minimum.

Obviously we're not making all these moves, but these are just some of the guys I've kinda put on my radar initially as far as free agency. Even if re-sign T2, MM, and CB of our own AND pick up either an OT or MLB in FA...we'll be in good shape.

I'll revisit this in a month or two but right now I really like Lamar Miller, and I do think we need to go TE early. Neither Ballard or Beckum will be available to us at the start of next year so TE needs to be addressed in some way, a young stud at those two positions could pay enormous dividends next year.

Offensive line is going to be a much larger concern than I thought initially. Way too much heat on Eli in the last two games, and even in the Pack game he took some shots. A lot of speculation about Diehl moving to RT, hopefully that will work, and Beatty coming back will be good. We don't know what we have in Brewer yet but you have to be concerned if K-Mac doesn't re-sign with us, which I don't expect. Especially if someone goes down again. Probably need to address in FA AND the draft. I like Boothe at Guard, Baas at Center, and of course Snee is good, so I'm just really worried about the Tackles, but re-building the O-line depth is a definite concern.

So my dream would be Lamar Miller and Dwayne Allen, doubtful we'll get both.

RB: 2 words

Lamar Miller. Draft him at 32 if he's BPA. This guy is a stud. From The U. Draws Adrian Peterson comparisons. Jacobs is sadly gonna be cut : (. Dj ware is nothing special, by he will be back. Maybe Scotts the answer? Bradshaw can't stay healthy but i love the guy and he's affordable/ effective.

No love for Scott?

No love for Scott?

I actually like Scott, but idk some Maryland fans didn't think too highly of him for some reason. He needs to get ball security figured out and blocking schemes plus pass protection as well. He's got the speed, size and hands though to be a threat out of the backfield.

Lamar Miller is the guy I want if the staff doesn't see bright things from Scott.

Manningham will go ....we have Barden ....( and we will draft a 'project rookie' )

Osi .....will go .....he called Reese a liar for fuck's sake ! and we have JPP , Tuck , Tollefson , Kiwi .....( and we will draft linebacker and an end )

Jacobs ...too old .....gone ......( we have Bradshaw , Ware , Scott ....and we will draft a RB )

Manningham will go ....we have Barden ....( and we will draft a 'project rookie' )

Osi .....will go .....he called Reese a liar for fuck's sake ! and we have JPP , Tuck , Tollefson , Kiwi .....( and we will draft linebacker and an end )

Jacobs ...too old .....gone ......( we have Bradshaw , Ware , Scott ....and we will draft a RB )

Seeing no mention of Hixon I think it's safe to assume he's done given his injuries... his talent is above Manningham when healthy. I just don't see him in blue any more.

i still take burfict in the draft.

i think our vets can get his ass in line. if not then whatever we start either goff or blackburn again. win win.

2nd round i take de chandler jones from syracuse because you can never have enough pass rushers, hes from my town, and hes from cuse.

Jon Jones bro, correct?

Reese really shouldn't be taking alot of time off.

Give him 2 weeks away with light duty work and then 100% back to the grind.

We have the NFLs shortest offseason and there's ALOT of big moves and roster turnover that needs to be done with our cap situation and our free agents.