SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese

Sephiroth

And I like Hixon as the number 3 if Manningham goes off to greener pastures (which I don't think happens, personally). I do believe there will be camp competition between Hixon and Manningham, however.

And I like Hixon as the number 3 if Manningham goes off to greener pastures (which I don't think happens, personally). I do believe there will be camp competition between Hixon and Manningham, however.

First of all

Hixon is most likely done. 2 ACL tears in two years in the same knee, not good.

Also Manningham is lightyears better then Hixon as a WR and a deep threat. It's not even close.

If M2 and Hixon were both on THe roster next season (both likely gone) (Manningham will get a nice deal somewhere and Hixon is likely fried) then M2 would be in the trio and Hixon would be competing for 4th WR/KR/PR.

I love Hixon, but let's not forget the difference In talent between M2 and Hixon.

Mario can still get much better in our system, he's 25 and has no major injury concerns. Unfortunately that means someone may offer him big $.

We must sign Nicks and Cruz to extensions.

It's a shame though, Hixons a good guy, high motor, and had a nice physical skillset.

I don't think the difference in talent is nearly as huge as you think....that's just me. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hixon back and healthy as at least our kick returner and more than likely, like I said, in competition for a role in the offense. We need to do something serious with our kick return game next season.

I'm still with Jack, can JR and get Rolle into the GM position.

He will keep this team together.

In all honesty though I have no idea what is going to happen with free agency, I thought the biggest concern last year was re-signing Steve Smith.

Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn with what JR does because so far he hasnt made any major fuck ups.

I don't think the difference in talent is nearly as huge as you think....that's just me. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hixon back and healthy as at least our kick returner and more than likely, like I said, in competition for a role in the offense. We need to do something serious with our kick return game next season.

Hixon's injuries maybe too severe for pro football... not saying he will be in pain but he will not be himself again... it comes with the territory. What I feel about Manningham is he has a bigger upside than he's shown... Cruz came and stole the show and it was lights out but we do need a 3rd WR should he go and I don't think we have one on the current roster.

Hixon's injuries maybe too severe for pro football... not saying he will be in pain but he will not be himself again... it comes with the territory. What I feel about Manningham is he has a bigger upside than he's shown... Cruz came and stole the show and it was lights out but we do need a 3rd WR should he go and I don't think we have one on the current roster.

Thomas or Hixon would fill in fine. What the Giants need is a TE now. I think this draft should re-focus on the offense. The last 2 drafts have mostly been defense.

Thomas or Hixon would fill in fine. What the Giants need is a TE now. I think this draft should re-focus on the offense. The last 2 drafts have mostly been defense.

We're stil lacking at MLB. An impact player there can make a world of difference... we were ranked 25th in D right?

In no particular order I'd go:

MLB

OL

TE

DE

WR

RB

In no particular order I'd go:

MLB

OL

TE

DE

WR

RB

Total agreement on the positions. Given we lost all our TEs to injury and that we have a lot of youth at LBer already and those LBers have at least shown flashes at times...I'm inclined to go with a TE in round 1. That said, I really feel that we need to start rebuilding the reserves on the OLine to one day move in and replace the guys there. Snee and Baas are still fairly young, but Diehl's been around for a while if I'm not mistaken and we don't know what's happening with Beatty's eye. OLine and DLine are the foundation and I think that we need to ensure that it's set for years to come. Not to mention, Eli's protection and the running game were not exactly high points from this season.

Total agreement on the positions. Given we lost all our TEs to injury and that we have a lot of youth at LBer already and those LBers have at least shown flashes at times...I'm inclined to go with a TE in round 1. That said, I really feel that we need to start rebuilding the reserves on the OLine to one day move in and replace the guys there. Snee and Baas are still fairly young, but Diehl's been around for a while if I'm not mistaken and we don't know what's happening with Beatty's eye. OLine and DLine are the foundation and I think that we need to ensure that it's set for years to come. Not to mention, Eli's protection and the running game were not exactly high points from this season.

I'm not sold on Baas to be honest... He's ok but nowhere near a healthy O'Hara. The DLine is ok given we have Tuck and JPP manning the DE position and a very solid back up in Tolly.. Marvin Austin is coming back and Canty ain't going anywhere. I would love a veteran MLB in the mold of Patrick Willis whom I believe was availabel last year but nothing panned out. I like JW but I don't think we should be having 3 LBs who were rookies last year. Who knows... maybe Hertzlich pans out with another year of healing/recovering.

I'm not sold on Baas to be honest... He's ok but nowhere near a healthy O'Hara. The DLine is ok given we have Tuck and JPP manning the DE position and a very solid back up in Tolly.. Marvin Austin is coming back and Canty ain't going anywhere. I would love a veteran MLB in the mold of Patrick Willis whom I believe was availabel last year but nothing panned out. I like JW but I don't think we should be having 3 LBs who were rookies last year. Who knows... maybe Hertzlich pans out with another year of healing/recovering.

Not sold on Baas either, but given what we paid him, he's not going anywhere so I go on the assumption he'll be here and he'll play. Tolly is a FA too I think, but he seems content being a role player behind Tuck, Osi, and JPP....enough so that I see him re-signing with us.

As for LBer...a stud would be nice, but I guess the point I was trying to make with the younger guys trying to fill the 3rd position is that they may not have had the time they've needed to assume that role just yet. MK and MB are starters. The 3rd LB competition is going to be crazy as is this offseason with Jones, Paysinger, Herzlich, Williams, Blackburn (assuming he's re-signed), Goff (assuming he's re-signed). Part of me thinks that this is enough competition for camp. Part of me wants to draft/sign a stud LB. I'd have to look to see how many LBers we actually carried week-to-week on the 53 man roster.

Not sold on Baas either, but given what we paid him, he's not going anywhere so I go on the assumption he'll be here and he'll play. Tolly is a FA too I think, but he seems content being a role player behind Tuck, Osi, and JPP....enough so that I see him re-signing with us.

I don't see Osi and BJ being here next year... Osi over-estimates his own talent and there maybe one or 2 teams in the league who would overpay for him.

I don't see Osi and BJ being here next year... Osi over-estimates his own talent and there maybe one or 2 teams in the league who would overpay for him.

With Osi being under contract for another year, I think he may return. Otherwise, we'd have to release him. That, or we'd have to be willing to find a team to trade for him when he has a year left on his deal. Other teams may simply wait that extra year until he becomes a FA to just sign him. So that'll limit our trade partners. Given the Giants played a bit of hard ball in the whole contract standoff, I don't know that they'd be in a big hurry to release him.

Jacobs may not produce as much on the field, but he's certainly a motivational guy that I think feeds some other players on the team. I don't know that a guy gets paid for that, but I do feel there's some value there. Add to that the fact that he's been willing to restructure his deal to keep other guys here and he's proven to be a team-first guy. Not sure of his cap hit or anything like that, but I'd not be upset if he were back next year. That said, I think we do find another RB to bring in. Ware needs to go. Scott can stay/go...don't care either way.

Anyone here would resign Steve Smith again?

Health and Manningham would dictate that. I don't know that SS would be offered anything from the Giants....they tried to lock him up long term once and he chose to try FA...spurning the Giants like that doesn't exactly get you an invitation back.

With Osi being under contract for another year, I think he may return. Otherwise, we'd have to release him. That, or we'd have to be willing to find a team to trade for him when he has a year left on his deal. Other teams may simply wait that extra year until he becomes a FA to just sign him. So that'll limit our trade partners. Given the Giants played a bit of hard ball in the whole contract standoff, I don't know that they'd be in a big hurry to release him.

Jacobs may not produce as much on the field, but he's certainly a motivational guy that I think feeds some other players on the team. I don't know that a guy gets paid for that, but I do feel there's some value there. Add to that the fact that he's been willing to restructure his deal to keep other guys here and he's proven to be a team-first guy. Not sure of his cap hit or anything like that, but I'd not be upset if he were back next year. That said, I think we do find another RB to bring in. Ware needs to go. Scott can stay/go...don't care either way.

Agreed.. and I think BOTH Osi and Bj should man up and not be greedy fucks. They're being paid their fair value imho.

Agreed.. and I think BOTH Osi and Bj should man up and not be greedy fucks. They're being paid their fair value imho.

I'm hoping that both realize now what a team first mentality will get you. This is why when I see T2 tweeting about contract negotiations being a business gets me a bit concerned.