SportsWrath

Do we have the best Reciving Cord in the league??

TrashTalker92

I'm going to leave out the TE and RB from this discussion because they don't play the WR role. Other than Saints and GB, I don't think there's any team in the league that has a trio that can match up as well as the Giants. Now, you could say some teams have an awesome WR like Megatron or Andre Johnson but it's one dude, if he go's the whole team suffers.

TE and RB can be improved. Bradshaw can catch some passes, not saying his reciving skill is up there with top RBs but I'll take it. I think if the Giants can get another Shockey (without the dumb me first mentality), We're so freaking GOLDEN!!!!!

Do you guys think it's best to have ONE awesome WR or a trio like what we got now? I worry when contracts are up...

here's some numbers: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/seasontype/2

photo-2.jpg

Cruz has really developed and made a big difference. I think we are up there... I still like Green Bay's receiving corps a smidge better overall, because they are just deeper. I actually like ours a smidge better than New Orleans, too, although I think Meachem would be a star on other teams.

Several mocks I've seen have us taking the top TE on the draft board in the first round, that's Dwayne Allen from Clemson. I'd be very happy with that.

I hear what you are saying about TE but lets face it, as the contact rules on receivers has changed, size has come closer to. not equal, but closer to raw speed in terms of value.

Obviously these are extreme examples but if Grahm or Finley routinely line up in the slot, are they TEs, WRs or some kind of new hybrid that seeks to take advantage of contact rules in the middle of the field?

Cruz has really developed and made a big difference. I think we are up there... I still like Green Bay's receiving corps a smidge better overall, because they are just deeper. I actually like ours a smidge better than New Orleans, too, although I think Meachem would be a star on other teams.

Several mocks I've seen have us taking the top TE on the draft board in the first round, that's Dwayne Allen from Clemson. I'd be very happy with that.

I have us taking Coby Fleener out of Stanford in round two. I would of liked Tyler Eifert but he is going back to ND. I like Allen, I wouldnt mind. After Allen and Fleener the class is pretty thin, there is a sleeper prospect named Ladarius Green that I like.

I wouldn't trade our guys for any other group in the league. Nicks and Cruz are young, unselfish, and have great YAC ability. Im not including Manningham because he is going to get paid hansomely by another team after his big game tomorrow night.

I have us taking Coby Fleener out of Stanford in round two. I would of liked Tyler Eifert but he is going back to ND. I like Allen, I wouldnt mind. After Allen and Fleener the class is pretty thin, there is a sleeper prospect named Ladarius Green that I like.

I like Fleener. Not sure about his toughness but other attributes I really like. He took some hit in the bowl game and had to come out. It didn't look like a hard hit but nonetheless. You are on it way early, dude. This is nowhere near time for me to start looking at prospects seriously... not until the Giants season ends! I do think there is a good chance we go TE in round one. If you think about value, that position group should have a lot of it around pick 32. RB also, you know I still want Lamar Miller in a bad way.

Luke Kuechly. Right now he's expected to go around middle of round 1, of course, all that could change as they go through the pro days, work outs, and the combine. Kuechly is pretty good. He doesn't blow me away, though. The guys that blow me away on tape have been Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma, Vontaze Burfict from ASU. That's so far.

I wouldn't trade our guys for any other group in the league. Nicks and Cruz are young, unselfish, and have great YAC ability. Im not including Manningham because he is going to get paid hansomely by another team after his big game tomorrow night.

Manningham has been solid... My hope is to hire Amani Toomer to teach him some footwork skills.

Luke Kuechly. Right now he's expected to go around middle of round 1, of course, all that could change as they go through the pro days, work outs, and the combine. Kuechly is pretty good. He doesn't blow me away, though. The guys that blow me away on tape have been Ronnell Lewis from Oklahoma, Vontaze Burfict from ASU. That's so far.

Burfict looked sick on tape... would love to have a ferocious MLB to put fear into opponents... we're a great team offensively and one great MLB away from being a very good to great defensive team...

Burfict looked sick on tape... would love to have a ferocious MLB to put fear into opponents... we're a great team offensively and one great MLB away from being a very good to great defensive team...

i rather have Luke Atmadiq than Burfict... :LMAO:

Burfict is a freaking dumbass... i saw him at the bowl game where he was bench due to his retardedness.... then when he finally got onto the field, dude got flag for yapping his mouth... you can't really correct stupid and i know TC hates those type of guys....

i rather have Luke Atmadiq than Burfict... :LMAO:

Burfict is a freaking dumbass... i saw him at the bowl game where he was bench due to his retardedness.... then when he finally got onto the field, dude got flag for yapping his mouth... you can't really correct stupid and i know TC hates those type of guys....

If he's that and I trust you're right, then I'd pass.

Keep the WRs and get some OLine depth. I'd be happy with a TE too, but Ballard hasn't exactly been horrible. Keep the WRs together and keep Eli protected...while strengthening the running game with OLine guys.

A LBer would be great to have too. J Williams has gotten better and Boley and Kiwi have been pretty consistent...and with Goff coming back...we might be okay. Greg Jones continuing to develop...who knows.

There's a HUGE cap headache, and some hold-outs, coming our way.

The bane of winning teams especially after a SB. Players will definitely be thinking payday now that they have a ring. If Mackenzie is let go though wasn't he making big money?