SportsWrath

SB - Talk

Iceman_NYG

The Pats lost to us in the season - that was their last loss.

Subsequently theyve beaten these - Jets - Mark Sanchez - Bum, "Tyler Palko" - WTF, Vince Young(He beat us as well) - Bum, Dan Orlovsky - WTF, Tim Tebow twice - WHAT THE HOLY FUCK IMO, Matt Moore - bleh, Ryan Fitzpatrick - bleh and Joe Flacco - good and they struggled and needed a lot of luck....No wonder their defense looks re-surged.

Secondly - the Pats WILL NOT - REPEAT - will not miss out on those open WRs that the other teams did when the Giants D blew coverage a couple times. We need to put the game away early.

How do we take out their TEs and how do we account for their creativity. 9ers played not to lose....Davis ran the ball, etc etc and we got burnt on every play remotely creative. The TEs need to be taken out. I dont like their Offense's match up with our D because they will plan to rape the middle - with Welker and the 2 TEs - Welker is the best route runner in the game right now.....

We need to run on them to win....IMO....old school - Run and win

The Pats lost to us in the season - that was their last loss.

Subsequently theyve beaten these - Jets - Mark Sanchez - Bum, "Tyler Palko" - WTF, Vince Young(He beat us as well) - Bum, Dan Orlovsky - WTF, Tim Tebow twice - WHAT THE HOLY FUCK IMO, Matt Moore - bleh, Ryan Fitzpatrick - bleh and Joe Flacco - good and they struggled and needed a lot of luck....No wonder their defense looks re-surged.

Secondly - the Pats WILL NOT - REPEAT - will not miss out on those open WRs that the other teams did when the Giants D blew coverage a couple times. We need to put the game away early.

How do we take out their TEs and how do we account for their creativity. 9ers played not to lose....Davis ran the ball, etc etc and we got burnt on every play remotely creative. The TEs need to be taken out. I dont like their Offense's match up with our D because they will plan to rape the middle - with Welker and the 2 TEs - Welker is the best route runner in the game right now.....

We need to run on them to win....IMO....old school - Run and win

I totally agree. I think we win this game if we see a performance from Jacobs and Bradshaw that we got in the Atlanta game.

A big factor is blocking Wilfork. We had a LOT of trouble with him last time. Just about everytime we tried to block him 1 on 1, he was in our backfield. McKenzie needs to do a good job on Carter too, he gave him trouble last time as well. I think you play Gronk just like they've played Davis, Finley, and Gonzalez the last few weeks. The linebackers have come a long way so this is doable, but they are going to have to lay the hits on him. I did see on SportsCenter he really rolled his ankle badly, and is in a walking boot as a precaution. However, I'd be willing to bet that thing swelled up on him something fierce over night. We'll see, I'm sure he'll play. I'm just as worried about Aaron Hernandez.

As with anything else, the key to this game is getting to Brady with 4. I think we will have more of an advantage in this game because Brady isn't going to take off and run a bunch like Smith and Rodgers did to us.

Jim, I'm pretty sure Carter is out for the season.

I'm most worried about the matchups with the TEs. Gronkowski is playing out of his mind right now and Hernandez is probably a Pro Bowler on any other team. After the ass-whipping that Vernon Davis laid on us, I'm a little nervous seeing Antrel Rolle possibly covering either of those guys one-on-one.

On defense, Wilfork is the only guy I'm sort of concerned about, but Brandon Spikes played a hell of a game too. Let's hope he's not hitting his stride at the right time.

The SB is not going to be a walk in the park...not by a long shot.

Defensively, we need to double the inside receivers, which will probably be their TEs. Welker in the slot is going to be a bitch for CWeb.

Offensively, we need to be flexible and go with the flow of the game. Sure, we'd love ball control offense and to keep Brady on the sideline, but we need to be prepared for a shootout as well.

Jim, I'm pretty sure Carter is out for the season.

I'm most worried about the matchups with the TEs. Gronkowski is playing out of his mind right now and Hernandez is probably a Pro Bowler on any other team. After the ass-whipping that Vernon Davis laid on us, I'm a little nervous seeing Antrel Rolle possibly covering either of those guys one-on-one.

On defense, Wilfork is the only guy I'm sort of concerned about, but Brandon Spikes played a hell of a game too. Let's hope he's not hitting his stride at the right time.

Fuck Vernon Davis... he had 2 catches... they were made spectactular because our Safeties/DB had brainfarts.

The Pats are basically the Packers but a little less good at it. I think Eli can have his way with the Pats defense.

The difference is going to be how Fewell can adjust the game plan that Belichek is going to come at him with. You know he and Brady are going to have some plays to exploit the weaknesses in the defense. Probably going to lead to at least 1 quick scoring big play.

Yeah, overall, I think we did a pretty good job against Davis. That may sound crazy, but he only had 3 catches. There were numerous other times they tried to go to him and the coverage was very good. It just so happens that Davis got that first long one on Rolle because he's matched up one on one. That's not a fair matchup for Rolle. Davis runs a 4.3, and he had no over the top help, so I think that was a bad defensive play call. The second TD was blown coverage, no way KP gives Davis a free release like that unless he thinks he has help over the top, which it looked like he was supposed to.

We've actually covered the TE very well in the playoffs. Gonzalez didn't get shit on us, Finley didn't have a big game on us, and despite the 2 big plays, Davis didn't get much else. Ditto for Del Walker. The linebackers have come a long way... the re-acquisiton of Blackburn was key here, and Jacquian Williams has really grown up, too.

Gronk doesn't have 4.3 speed, but he's so big, and can just run people over. We'll probably just be mixing up a lot of looks and then try to gang tackle him when he gets the ball. But honestly, the Pats have to figure out how they are going to stop Nicks, Cruz, AND Manningham from hurting them, while being tough against the run. I don't envy THEIR position.

The Pats are basically the Packers but a little less good at it. I think Eli can have his way with the Pats defense.

The difference is going to be how Fewell can adjust the game plan that Belichek is going to come at him with. You know he and Brady are going to have some plays to exploit the weaknesses in the defense. Probably going to lead to at least 1 quick scoring big play.

I think the Pats and Giants are similar teams and evenly matched. As last time, we have to knock Brady down a few times. He doesn't have the composure that Eli does.

Ayup...they remind me of the 86 Broncos....

The media also keeps extoling how much better their D is now. Seriously the Giants D has played very well against much much better offenses. The Patriots D had to stop the vaunted Broncos and Ravens O. :jerkoff:

As Coughlin stated the Giants have now been through 5 elimination games against very good teams. This will either be close or a blow out by the Giants. I am really hoping the Giants blow out the Patriots.

The crazy thing about all of this is that there are so many similarities to the '07 run, yet I feel the Patriots are the ones that have to get the monkey off their back now. That's a very scary scenario when you're dealing with Brady and Belichick. The payoff is obviously huge though. A second championship really allows you the opportunity to distance yourselves from just about everybody else. Not to mention beating an already legendary combination again. Giants win, all Eli needs to do is sustain his current production for the next 3-5 years and he's going to Canton. Coughlin could eventually find his way into that discussion as well. It's an incredible thought when you consider where we were at this time in '07.

The crazy thing about all of this is that there are so many similarities to the '07 run, yet I feel the Patriots are the ones that have to get the monkey off their back now. That's a very scary scenario when you're dealing with Brady and Belichick. The payoff is obviously huge though. A second championship really allows you the opportunity to distance yourselves from just about everybody else. Not to mention beating an already legendary combination again. Giants win, all Eli needs to do is sustain his current production for the next 3-5 years and he's going to Canton. Coughlin could eventually find his way into that discussion as well. It's an incredible thought when you consider where we were at this time in '07.

Coughlin may get there anyhow...I'd have to look at other coaches who've made it. I saw an article that reminded me that TC made it to two AFC championship games with the Jags as well as his tenure with us. Four conference championship games, 2 SB appearances, at least 1 SB win, a pretty solid playoff record overall AND on the road, and even a pretty decent regular season record.

Eli definitely needs the 2nd SB to get in. Beyond that though, a 2nd SB win for Eli puts him past his brother.

The media also keeps extoling how much better their D is now. Seriously the Giants D has played very well against much much better offenses. The Patriots D had to stop the vaunted Broncos and Ravens O. :jerkoff:

As Coughlin stated the Giants have now been through 5 elimination games against very good teams. This will either be close or a blow out by the Giants. I am really hoping the Giants blow out the Patriots.

You and me both Bro.... :05-mafia: :05-mafia: :05-mafia:

The Pats do have the monkey on their back but we're in Brady's head.

-Z

The Pats do have the monkey on their back but we're in Brady's head.

-Z

This why I think the Giants may the advantage here. A quick sack or 2 could make for some panicking. On the flip side a corned animal can be very unpredictable and I am sure the last thing the Patriots want is another SB loss to Giants. I think the Patriots will pull out all sorts of trick plays especially if the start of the game doesn’t go smoothly. Unfortunately, or is it fortunately, for the Giants I don't think Coughlin knows what a trick play is. :confused: