SportsWrath

Eli Manning & Co. reach series of milestones in win over Dallas

Nas

link

There were several significant individual achievements for the Giants in Sunday’s victory over the Dallas Cowboys. A look at some of them:

• Eli Manning’s 400 yards passing moved him to 4,105 on the season, eclipsing his previous career-high (4,021) and the Giants’ single-season record (4,073 for Kerry Collins in 2002). It was the third 400-yard game of Manning’s career and the first time the Giants won a game with a 400-yard passer. Manning’s 21st game of 300 yards or more tied him with Phil Simms for the franchise lead.

• Manning, who is averaging 316 yards per game, is on pace for 5,052 yards. That would fall only 32 short of Dan Marino’s record, though Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are all on pace to pass Marino.

• One more for Manning: He started his 116th consecutive regular-season game, moving past the Eagles’ Ron Jaworski. Only Brett Favre (297) and Peyton Manning (208) have posted longer streaks.

• Brandon Jacobs’ two rushing touchdowns gave him 56 for his career, breaking Tiki Barber’s franchise record of 55.

• Jacobs’ 12th 100-yard game (he ran for 101 yards) moved him into fourth place on the Giants’ all-time list. The Giants are 11-1 when he rushes for 100 yards. (The only loss was Dec. 16, 2007, vs. the Redskins.)

• Hakeem Nicks’ 163 yards gave him 1,023 yards this season. He and Victor Cruz (1,150) are now the first duo in Giants history to each record 1,000 yards receiving in a single season.

• Cruz now needs only 194 yards in the final three games to eclipse Amani Toomer’s single-season record.

The rushing marks are more impressive now given the league's push towards more passing and higher scoring. The breaking of Marino's records, while impressive, pale in comparison, again, given the new rules that favor passing.

What do you mean the new rules that favor passing?

Just because DEs need to hit only in a two-foot window on the QB and they can't hit too hard and they can't grab the QB's skirt and they have to announce "hey, my pass rush is coming here" and they have to apologize after every sack and "really mean it," how is that favoring passing?

What do you mean the new rules that favor passing?

Just because DEs need to hit only in a two-foot window on the QB and they can't hit too hard and they can't grab the QB's skirt and they have to announce "hey, my pass rush is coming here" and they have to apologize after every sack and "really mean it," how is that favoring passing?

Not to mention the flags on the CB for whispering sweet nothings in the WR ear as they run up and down the field together.

Hate to be Debbie downer. But we could of easily went home with an L on that game. If it wasn't for some magical mis-steps from the cowgirls. If JPP couldn't of reach that FG we still might went home with another lost and have clowns like badegg yapping.

Giants always suck big nuts after a win like that. So let's pray they haven't over looked the skins.

Hate to be Debbie downer. But we could of easily went home with an L on that game. If it wasn't for some magical mis-steps from the cowgirls. If JPP couldn't of reach that FG we still might went home with another lost and have clowns like badegg yapping.

Giants always suck big nuts after a win like that. So let's pray they haven't over looked the skins.

Nope.. I think all of us here know that.. all of us know this "win" wasn't as sweet as it could have been because our D can't stop anyone... their D can't either of course.

With respect to Jacobs record, in '05 and '06 he got 16 TD's when Tiki did much of the heavy lifting getting the Giants down inside the 10. So, I kind of take Jacobs' record with a grain of salt.

Yeah, TD tallies for a "goalline" back are not that impressive.

With respect to Jacobs record, in '05 and '06 he got 16 TD's when Tiki did much of the heavy lifting getting the Giants down inside the 10. So, I kind of take Jacobs' record with a grain of salt.

I was thinking the same thing. He's stole a lot of Bradshaw's that way, as well.

Saw it happen last week, but every talking head and the vast majority of fans wrote it off when we were down by 12.

Not me.. yes I was dejected like everyone else here was.. but when some like SG and others basically said Fuck it and would shut off the TV I said no.. im a homer... :D