SportsWrath

Boss is working out with the Raiders

BleedinBlue

I hate seeing our guys go somewhere else. This year in particular because it seems like it's so many, and not just scrubs either, names I actually know. Anyways, I was reading that 'free agent tracker' thing on NFL.com, and the first one was O'Hara and a Dolphins pic as the 'interested teams'. Made me sick. :puke:

ohara.jpg

Just looks wrong.

Honestly though it says a lot about his reasons for being in the NFL. If he signs with the Raiders then clearly money trumps success for him.

I'm sure it's about money, why wouldn't it be? It's what he does for a living. Plus, it seems to me once a player leaves his first team, he's not the same. It's like shoving a round peg in a square hole. I know there are exceptions, but overall it just seems that way. So why not grab as much cash as you can get once your team dumped you?

Yesterday John Clayton from ESPN Said the Raiders where $17.3 million over the cap . I am sure they would have to clear at least 20 Million...... they just paid Huff what 35 Million? any way now Clayton says this.

ohn Clayton For Kevin Boss to replace Zach Miller in Oakland, the Raiders will have to clear enough cap room to outbid the Giants. A challenge.

So hopefully Boss will stay in NY . Eli said today that Boss should be signed by tomorrow.

Honestly though it says a lot about his reasons for being in the NFL. If he signs with the Raiders then clearly money trumps success for him.

We'll Boss has already had success in the NFl, he has a SB ring.

Repeating is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL and alot of players know this, so after a SB win why not go after a giant contract and get greedy.

Don't get me wrong still is a shitty thing for them to do but I can see why they would do it.

He has the ring. I don't blame him for going for money, if he can get it. With the amount of concussions he's had, this is probably going to be his only shot.

That kid gave us everything he had when he was here and played his contract. Now he has to do what he has to do to be secure--especially if he winds up with that concussive syndrome in the long haul.

That being said, we better find some one PDQ, or Beckum better step the fuck up.

That being said, we better find some one PDQ, or Beckum better step the fuck up.

If Beckum is on our final roster I may be the angriest man in NY State. The guy can't block, he sucks on ST and, when given a route he rarely gets open. He is good for maybe 10 catches and a 100 yards per year. Why waste a fucking roster spot on this under talented lazy schlub

If Beckum is on our final roster I may be the angriest man in NY State. The guy can't block, he sucks on ST and, when given a route he rarely gets open. He is good for maybe 10 catches and a 100 yards per year. Why waste a fucking roster spot on this under talented lazy schlub

:clap:

I agree with you. He was a wasted pick, it seems. There are plenty of medium to low priced free agents that are better than Beckum. Hey, even Darcy Johnson, the ex-Giant, is a free agent and would be better to bring back than Beckum.

To clarify my earlier statement, I was referring to specifically signing with the Raiders. I understand a player maximising their income but you can do that with a decent team too. It seems every year players sign with the Raiders for big money knowing full well it's a horrible organisation with no chance of success.

To clarify my earlier statement, I was referring to specifically signing with the Raiders. I understand a player maximising their income but you can do that with a decent team too. It seems every year players sign with the Raiders for big money knowing full well it's a horrible organisation with no chance of success.

(Redskin overflow)

Boss left Oakland without a contract so I hope that is a good sign. When a team is impressed, they usually try to get a contract signed before they leave. Fingers are crossed.

He could just be showing the front office he has options....it makes sense.

C. Wagon

When Boss breaks his head in game 5 of season and his career is finished, Mr Reese will be looking like a genius (this is if Boss signs a megadeal of course). I love what he has brought to the team since '07, but Boss is a walking concussion waiting to happen.

Shefter mentioned on Mike/Mike this morning that the Osi BS could come into play here. If i'm not mistaken, Zach Miller went to Seattle, a team rumored to be interested in Osi.

So, if we traded Osi to Seattle for Zach Miller + a pick, it'd be a potential solution to Boss signing in Oakland.

Obviously, lots of ifs here, but thought it an interesting scenario and backup plan from the Giants persepective.

Shefter mentioned on Mike/Mike this morning that the Osi BS could come into play here. If i'm not mistaken, Zach Miller went to Seattle, a team rumored to be interested in Osi.

So, if we traded Osi to Seattle for Zach Miller + a pick, it'd be a potential solution to Boss signing in Oakland.

Obviously, lots of ifs here, but thought it an interesting scenario and backup plan from the Giants persepective.

Didn't Miller just sign a big contract with them though? Not sure we'd get the + a pick in that trade.

Didn't Miller just sign a big contract with them though? Not sure we'd get the + a pick in that trade.

The +pick mentioned was a 5th or 6th. I can't imagine the contract with Miller would be any different that the contract we'd (1) have to give Osi or (2) we'd have to give Boss.

actually the guy we would want / they might part with would be Carlson

actually the guy we would want / they might part with would be Carlson

Yes....that has been the rumor since Carlson (who's an upgrade over Boss) is now the second recieving TE in Seattle. I'd love a Carlson and a 2nd for Osi, but more likely Carlson and a later draft pick.