SportsWrath

New York Giants 2011 draft thread

Lughead

So your happy going into a season with the youngest Oline player being Snee at 29 years old? How about the fact that outside of Snee and Sueburt the rest of the offensive line missed time with injuries.

It isn't a shambles. Injuries or not, we had guys come in a do a damn good job in replacing starters. Koets played well. I believe Beatty is going to push to make the team this year. There's going to be some good players falling here into the 2nd. Whilst I wouldn't say Corner was my hope, far from it. Rb was a bigger need, this offensive line wants to run the ball.

talent wise, this kid is the real deal.

Well I mean Prince is a starting CB, from what I read he is NFL ready and shouldn't take much time to adjust.

Guess Webster and Prince are the new starting CB tandem.

Still think OL would of been a better pick.

We only gave up 16 sacks last year, I didn't think it was immediate we can wait a year. Plus, they must still think Beatty can either be our LT or RT for the future. I was not a Costanzo fan, He would of struggled with Cole, Ware and Orakpo.I am hoping for Ingram or Williams in round 2.

Well this isnt the head scratcher like the JPP pick last year but still would of liked Ingram more.

In the end though he was the best player there, top ten pick who fell to us at 19.

If he helps us shut down Jackson/Maclin on the Eagles I'll be happy.

BiC, neither Terrell Thomas or Aaron Ross are under contract beyond this season. This is a GREAT pick. Don't worry about O-line or RB now... RB especially, but also O-line, there are tons of value in rounds 2-4 at those positions! Things are going to work out great, have faith... this was a great value pick in the first. Prince is a top 10 talent, you'll see.

BiC, neither Terrell Thomas or Aaron Ross are under contract beyond this season. This is a GREAT pick. Don't worry about O-line or RB now... RB especially, but also O-line, there are tons of value in rounds 2-4 at those positions! Things are going to work out great, have faith... this was a great value pick in the first. Prince is a top 10 talent, you'll see.

I'm not denying, he is a talent.

Well this isnt the head scratcher like the JPP pick last year but still would of liked Ingram more.

In the end though he was the best player there, top ten pick who fell to us at 19.

If he helps us shut down Jackson/Maclin on the Eagles I'll be happy.

Yep, and Fewell likes to use nickel packages. We have TT at nickel now, that's an outstanding secondary. We all seen what Brees and Rodgers did to us last year, we shut them fuckers down this year

Aaron Ross moves to special teams.

When the Giants move to the patented 3 Safety set, you'll see Ross as a Safety, with Prince in the slot and Webby and TT on the outside, methinks. With KP and Rolle, that is a crazy secondary, if only for one year.

I think we resign TT, Ross buh bye

Well with the Eagles who have Jackson and Maclin and the Cowboys with Austin and Dezzy I can see why the Giants made this pick. He's a top 10 player who feel to us at 19. With Ross and TT both in contract years and the unknown FA coming up he's a good value/need pick.

Holy shit it's gonna finally give us a monster secondary!!!! Webby, TT , Ross , Philip on second year from injury and add on top 10 talent in Prince. Hells motherfucking yeah!!!!

Let's hope some how somewhere a LB comes outta no where and anchor this defense.

Rest of the round will be offensive needs unless a crazy drop on a LB.

The Giants will resign Terrell Thomas next year, Ross will be gone. Thomas would be better moving to safety than Ross.

Thomas is a perfect nickel back. We will still use some three safety sets as well, with alot of nickel. Over the weekend, maybe we get Prince's teammate Eric Hagg or Joe Lefeged from Rutgers to add even more depth in the secondary

Guest StrahansGap

As far as talent gos I'm more in favor of Ross but his shoulder and all those injuries. So I do agree with you. Ross will be gone.

I liked Ross his 1st year. After that, he really never did anything special. Always thought he was more flash than substance.

I like the pick simply because it is a hard position to get a stud without paying outrageous money to a free agent. Offensive linemen take time to develop and it's not like our o-line is bad, just getting some age on the guys.

Reading up on Prince and found out he was a running back when recruited by Nebraska. As a senior in high school, he ran for 2,106 yards and 24 touchdowns. In the combine, he ran a 4.38 which is quicker than any other CB except Peterson who ran a 4.31. The Nebraska coach convinced him to change postions and he became a legend among the Cornhuskers.

I like the pick. We'll address the o-line (probably tomorrow), but I wouldn't put it past them to go with the best pick available again....unless it's really a position we simply don't need.

I don't know what is going on. I thought if you were skipped, you moved to the last pick in the round. Weird.

Ingram to the Saints. Don't be jealous of the Saints, guys... I've watched film on Ingram, Ryan Williams, Leshoure, and DeMarco Murray.... in my opinion, Ingram had the least WOW factor in that group. It's very possible that the Saints got the 4th or 5th best RB in this draft class... we'll know in 3 years or so.